ADVERTISEMENT

Ware

Was he treated wrongly?

My perception is he wasn't mature enough, physically or mentally, to beat out a couple really good, older bigs at Oregon. He decided to change the scenery...and from his experiences at Oregon, combined with Woodson's efforts, he grew and matured incredibly at IU.
It wasn't Ware's fault we didn't have any guards worth a damn.

Edey would be the number one pick 20 years ago, but I don't see it in today's NBA. He can't shoot and he's slow on defense. He can get away with just putting his hands up against college players and still get 2 blocks a game, but not in the NBA. It's one thing if he could pass and shoot like Joker, but right now he's closer to Boban than anyone. He's better than Boban, but his ceiling is much lower than Ware.

Ware on the other hand is built for the NBA today. He's long, he can shoot the three, and he can run the floor and play defense against all kinds of players. He's Derrick Lively with a jump shot.

Reactions: IUgradman
Edey would be the number one pick 20 years ago, but I don't see it in today's NBA. He can't shoot and he's slow on defense. He can get away with just putting his hands up against college players and still get 2 blocks a game, but not in the NBA. It's one thing if he could pass and shoot like Joker, but right now he's closer to Boban than anyone. He's better than Boban, but his ceiling is much lower than Ware.

Ware on the other hand is built for the NBA today. He's long, he can shoot the three, and he can run the floor and play defense against all kinds of players. He's Derrick Lively with a jump shot.
Edey can't shoot? Based on what?

Reactions: Bill4411
Edey can't shoot? Based on what?

Based on his shot charts and the fact that he shot 2 three pointers in 3 years of college. And please spare me with some story about how he can shoot threes in a combine, because so could TJD and he made zero last season in the NBA.

Reactions: nichlee
Based on his shot charts and the fact that he shot 2 three pointers in 3 years of college. And please spare me with some story about how he can shoot threes in a combine, because so could TJD and he made zero last season in the NBA.

Ok. So you don't know if he can shoot or not. You have no idea if he can or can't. Why should the most efficient player in college basketball shoot 3’s at purdue? You didn't prove he can't shoot

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Ok. So you don't know if he can shoot or not. You have no idea if he can or can't. Why should the most efficient player in college basketball shoot 3’s at purdue? You didn't prove he can't shoot
If he could shoot from 3, he would've done it in college where the line is closer. As a trailing big that would've been a huge weapon, but he simply doesn't have it in his locker. He could possibly develop it, but he doesn't possess that skillset. While you're begging for proof that he can't shoot 3's, which doesn't exist since he couldn't shoot them well enough to even try in 4 years of college, why don't you provide proof that he can shoot 3's in the NBA?

If he could shoot from 3, he would've done it in college where the line is closer. As a trailing big that would've been a huge weapon, but he simply doesn't have it in his locker. He could possibly develop it, but he doesn't possess that skillset. While you're begging for proof that he can't shoot 3's, which doesn't exist since he couldn't shoot them well enough to even try in 4 years of college, why don't you provide proof that he can shoot 3's in the NBA?
Why would you want him shooting 3’s at Purdue? That would have been coaching malpractice

Reactions: 816buroak
You assume. Zero proof he can't shoot.
Same bet I've offered to two other Boiler losers who have all claimed the same thing:

-O/U 15 career made three pointers in the NBA for Edey
-You don't post here until he hits number 16

A good NBA shooter hits that number in 2-3 weeks worth of games, I'm giving you his entire career. It's put up or shut up time for you. I think I speak for everyone else when I say that I'm sick and tired of you running your mouth without recourse. Man up, the other two losers wouldn't. And I think we all know why.

Last edited:
Same bet I've offered to two other Boiler losers who have all claimed the same thing:

-O/U 15 career made three pointers in the NBA for Edey
-You don't post here until he hits number 16

A good NBA shooter hits that number in 2-3 weeks worth of games, I'm giving you his entire career. It's put up or shut up time for you. I think I speak for everyone else when I say that I'm sick and tired of you running your mouth without recourse. Man up, the other two losers wouldn't. And I think we all know why.
What recourse? I just said you can't prove it and you can't. Tammany liked this but literally made a statement he refuses to defend. Lol

If he makes 15, you going to never post here again?

• Wow
Reactions: infinitymv
Why would you want him shooting 3’s at Purdue? That would have been coaching malpractice
I wouldn't because he can't shoot 3's. However, if he could shoot 3's then I'd totally want him doing that. Would be amazing for floor spacing and would cause a real headache for the opposing C to have to guard him all the way to the 3 point line instead of setting up down low in the block and establishing position. Thing is, he can't shoot 3's. If he could then he would've in college.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
You assume. Zero proof he can shoot 3's.
I saw him bank one in from the top of the key. That takes a tremendous amount of skill. Very little margin for error when you're shooting bank shots straight on from 22'. Maybe only Curry and less than a handful of others would even attempt to use the backboard on a shot like that.

• Haha
Reactions: Grateful Redbeard
I saw him bank one in from the top of the key. That takes a tremendous amount of skill. Very little margin for error when you're shooting bank shots straight on from 22'. Maybe only Curry and less than a handful of others would even attempt to use the backboard on a shot like that.
Painter, as dull as he is, actually had a pretty funny comment. "He missed it so bad he made it" alluding to the only perimeter shot he hit in 138 career games.

• Haha
I wouldn't because he can't shoot 3's. However, if he could shoot 3's then I'd totally want him doing that. Would be amazing for floor spacing and would cause a real headache for the opposing C to have to guard him all the way to the 3 point line instead of setting up down low in the block and establishing position. Thing is, he can't shoot 3's. If he could then he would've in college.
Centers already couldn't guard him, so why lower the scoring percentage? He has an 80% chance of scoring, so lets move him out. Right?

You assume. Zero proof he can shoot 3's.
I can look at the combine and say he can. There are zero stats to support he can't. If he was 1-20 from 3, sure. But it would take a truely idiotic coach to take one of the most efficient players in college basketball history and have him take less efficient shots when he couldn't be stopped when getting more efficient shots.

Centers already couldn't guard him, so why lower the scoring percentage? He has an 80% chance of scoring, so lets move him out. Right?

Then why would any player want to play for Matt Painter when he won't let a player like Edey showcase his shooting ability, when he knows that's what NBA teams are looking for? Purdue beat Samford by over 50 points, but he couldn't use that lead to let Edey show off that he has the one skill that modern NBA teams are looking for? The only reason I could think of is that Painter thought he could sabotage Edey's pro prospects to get him to stay in college another year. Now I see why Catchings decommitted.

I think you are stupid enough to believe that having a C that's a good 3 point shooter never shoot 3's and only shoot 2's is a good idea. Jokic and Porzingis are the last 2 C's to win an NBA championship and both are great 3 point shooters. Wemby and Holmgren bomb from 3. You are so dumb that you would want none of them to shoot 3's. Ware's ability to hit 3's helped IU's stagnant offense a ton this past season. It also created space for Malik down low. You would tell Ware to not have shot those 3's.

Last edited:
I can look at the combine and say he can. There are zero stats to support he can't. If he was 1-20 from 3, sure. But it would take a truely idiotic coach to take one of the most efficient players in college basketball history and have him take less efficient shots when he couldn't be stopped when getting more efficient shots.
Combine? Really? 🤣 There will be defender's in the NBA dumb dumb. 3's are worth more than 2's. Spacing and creating mismatches make great offense. Edey didn't shoot 3's cause he can't make them in a game. If he could then he'd have shot them. You would have to be truly idiotic to think that a guy that's a great 3 point shooter would purposefully never shoot 3's. You are that idiotic.

Then why would any player want to play for Matt Painter when he won't let a player like Edey showcase his shooting ability, when he knows that's what NBA teams are looking for? Purdue beat Samford by over 50 points, but he couldn't use that lead to let Edey show off that he has the one skill that modern NBA teams are looking for? The only reason I could think of is that Painter thought he could sabotage Edey's pro prospects to get him to stay in college another year. Now I see why Catchings decommitted.
Edey isn't every player. Jacobson will probably be different. Haarms shot more. Edey was so efficient down low. Also, why play Edey up 50?

Combine? Really? 🤣 There will be defender's in the NBA dumb dumb. 3's are worth more than 2's. Spacing and creating mismatches make great offense. Edey didn't shoot 3's cause he can't make them in a game. If he could then he'd have shot them. You would have to be truly idiotic to think that a guy that's a great 3 point shooter would purposefully never shoot 3's. You are that idiotic.
Didn't say he was great. Said he can shoot and make them. I like efficiency on offense. Don't you?

Edey literally lived 3 feet from the bucket on offense and defense. That's all going to change in the NBA, though LOL.

Would be coaching malpractice to keep at 7'4 center who can't shoot out on the perimeter in the NBA...
If he can’t shoot, yes. It’s just an assumption though. No data to support it though. You only assume he can’t shoot because he didn’t shoot. But if you want to assume, go for it.

It’s about expanding his game for the new level. If they thought he could reasonably expand that part of his game, they would have. They didn’t and it would not be very common for a guy that size to be effective from deep. It likely won’t ever be a real part of his game. This all equals, he can’t shoot the three (not to be taken literally).

If he can’t shoot, yes. It’s just an assumption though. No data to support it though. You only assume he can’t shoot because he didn’t shoot. But if you want to assume, go for it.
There's four years of f*cking data you incessant argumentative moron .. it's more than an assumption.

We only assume I don't bang super models because I haven't .. yet.

If you want to phrase it correctly ... past performance and four years of stats has shown he's not a shooting threat and due to that past perfomance the probability of him showing shooting prowess is low, but there's always a possibility that he may improve and gain the ability in the future.

You argue like an idiot ..

Last edited:
  • Love
There's four years of f*cking data you incessant argumentative moron .. it's more than an assumption.

We only assume I don't bang super models because I haven't .. yet.

If you want to phrase it correctly ... past performance and four years of stats has shown he's not a shooting threat and due to that past perfomance the probability of him showing shooting prowess is low, but there's always a possibility that he may improve and gain the ability in the future.

You argue like an idiot ..
Painter has explained this. They developed other parts of his game. He is still raw as a player. And continues to get better and better. And will likely go top 10 tonight because some team will want to continue to develop him. Great recruiting and development by Painter. I’m sure 4 years ago, you had him as a low ceiling, low floor guy, whatever that means.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Painter has explained this. They developed other parts of his game. He is still raw as a player. And continues to get better and better. And will likely go top 10 tonight because some team will want to continue to develop him. Great recruiting and development by Painter. I’m sure 4 years ago, you had him as a low ceiling, low floor guy, whatever that means.
So I gather you aren't taking the bet? I still see you posting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT