ADVERTISEMENT

Ware

Middawg

Sophomore
Feb 24, 2020
Instead of continuing to take shits like you're visiting an overflowing port-o-john at a festival concert, let's talk some Ware and other positives.

I think Ware has operated quite well at the elbow, high post, and top of the key.

No glaring turnover issues, he's handling the ball well. Not an elite passer and creater just yet, but opens possibilities in a high low game and running actions with the guards and wings.

Pick and pop is there, but hasn't materialized at a high level yet either, I have no issue with him launching 3s.

He can get a better going into the chest of a defender and mix those up with his fade away game.

Those elbow and high post jumpers should be there all day.

First game saw no olley oops for Ware dunk shots and we saw several against Army.

I expect that aspect of IUs arsenal to continue to improve as the other players get comfortable throwing it up to within a few feet of the rim.

Surely, these actions that can get Ware olley oops dunk shots can be used with other wings and bigs on the team as well?

Instead of continuing to take shits like you're visiting an overflowing port-o-john at a festival concert, let's talk some Ware and other positives.

I think Ware has operated quite well at the elbow, high post, and top of the key.

No glaring turnover issues, he's handling the ball well. Not an elite passer and creater just yet, but opens possibilities in a high low game and running actions with the guards and wings.

Pick and pop is there, but hasn't materialized at a high level yet either, I have no issue with him launching 3s.

He can get a better going into the chest of a defender and mix those up with his fade away game.

Those elbow and high post jumpers should be there all day.

First game saw no olley oops for Ware dunk shots and we saw several against Army.

I expect that aspect of IUs arsenal to continue to improve as the other players get comfortable throwing it up to within a few feet of the rim.

Surely, these actions that can get Ware olley oops dunk shots can be used with other wings and bigs on the team as well?
A guy like that should have a hook shot.

A guy like that should have a hook shot
what is this, 1982? Hook shot? Followed by the two-handed stuff shot?

Actually, I agree....but something you rarely see these days. Kids more interested in chucking 22 footers. I bet most kids today have never even heard of George Mikan or Lew Alcindor's sky hook.
Haston was the last IU player (that I remember, anyways) who looked like he actually practiced a real hook shot. And it made him a better player.

what is this, 1982? Hook shot? Followed by the two-handed stuff shot?

Actually, I agree....but something you rarely see these days. Kids more interested in chucking 22 footers. I bet most kids today have never even heard of George Mikan or Lew Alcindor's sky hook.
Haston was the last IU player (that I remember, anyways) who looked like he actually practiced a real hook shot. And it made him a better player.
As I recall, Benson had a pretty good hook shot, or maybe a half hook.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Ware's jump shot is too good to bother with a hook shot.

Reneau has a baby hook….does wembanyana have a hook shot? Do you think he needs one as well?

Hook shot. 🤦🏻 ware has all the tools just needs to put them together. He should be our go to. Dude is good and it’s just starting for him. Dude should be good for 20/10 or more a night.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
Hook shot. 🤦🏻 ware has all the tools just needs to put them together. He should be our go to. Dude is good and it’s just starting for him. Dude should be good for 20/10 or more a night.

And why not add one more tool to his repertoire?

As was said above, a good hook shot at his height would be unstoppable.

Reactions: kmathum
TJD and Race could have used hook shots, because they were pretty limited if they couldn't get to the rim. They both actually used it a bit, and should have more. Not saying Ware couldn't use it, but he's got a better jumper than any big we've seen at IU in a while, therefore less need for the hook.

TJD and Race could have used hook shots, because they were pretty limited if they couldn't get to the rim. They both actually used it a bit, and should have more. Not saying Ware couldn't use it, but he's got a better jumper than any big we've seen at IU in a while, therefore less need for the hook.
TJD needed a short jumper, but his arsenal of moves was absolutely outstanding for a college player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT