ADVERTISEMENT

Ware is unreal

Oh. No doubt about it. Even today, when he struggled a little, he still made a very positive impact. Woodson has done a great job putting talented players in position to be successful and leverage their skills. The problem right now is just getting more talent at the 1 and 2.
Lets Go Harper!

IU has almost no guard depth even with Johnson so his presence is definitely needed.

I was a kid but I vaguely remember Blab looking awkward as hell on the floor. Nothing like Ware.
Blab improved every year and was very good his senior year. He was drafted in the first round of the NBA draft and played 5 or 6 years in the league then played in Europe for a while. He played on the German Olympic team at least twice. He was a good player.

I was a kid but I vaguely remember Blab looking awkward as hell on the floor. Nothing like Ware.
Uwe Blab was a slow afoot, big burley Kraut. For the most part, he was frustrating to watch. The only distinguishing things he had going for him were his height and hair. It was red. Not many redheads play the game of basketball with the most notable exception being Bill "Nasality" Walton.

• Haha
Reactions: sglowrider
Blab improved every year and was very good his senior year. He was drafted in the first round of the NBA draft and played 5 or 6 years in the league then played in Europe for a while. He played on the German Olympic team at least twice. He was a good player.
Didn’t he steer his kid brother to Illinois?

He is fun to watch, such a soft touch and a good defensive presence
He's got that soft roll on the rim that falls in. With that it helps make a higher percentage shot. On the one play that Reese was under the basket, he should've dunked and scored. Maybe his one shortcoming. Gunn's MJ failure of a dunk looked bad!!

Reactions: Hoosierific
The ball moves on offense better. Not speaking of individual stats, we just function as a unit better without him. You saw it happen last year also. He went down and we got better
It was a function of playing probably the worst P5 team. They literally put no pressure or commanded any pressure from our guards. I think X could’ve went but Woody knew he wasn’t needed. We actually played pretty sloppy and complacent. That’s how bad Maryland is.

Reactions: bsmitty08
It was a function of playing probably the worst P5 team. They literally put no pressure or commanded any pressure from our guards. I think X could’ve went but Woody knew he wasn’t needed. We actually played pretty sloppy and complacent. That’s how bad Maryland is.
Probably so, just seems we move the ball better without X

Uwe Blab was a slow afoot, big burley Kraut. For the most part, he was frustrating to watch. The only distinguishing things he had going for him were his height and hair. It was red. Not many redheads play the game of basketball with the most notable exception being Bill "Nasality" Walton.
Best Knight comment on Blab was he told Uwe's wife after she gave birth to "never let him hold the child except over a bed".

He developed ever year including a reliable hook by his senior year. Put up good numbers that year too.

Story is Knight would have the trainers throw tennis balls to him to improve his hands.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Yeah X has looked off since returning. Not a huge surprise with him missing 2/3 of last season but agree we need him. X gives us so much on defense. I would like to see him play off ball some and see if Galloway can find him on the kick out like he did MM last night.
Actually, I think X this year has looked a lot like X did last year before he got hurt. What we need is the X we saw in the Spring of the previous year. It's been a LONG TIME since we've seen that X.

But yes, unless we see that X, we have a very limited ceiling this year. He's the key to our year w/o question.

I think X is a not needed. This year 5-1 with him 1-0 without.

Last year. 8-3 with 14-8 without him.
No, we need him, we r trying to win a national title. Cupp was exposed. Galloway like last year is not quick enough.

He developed ever year including a reliable hook by his senior year. Put up good numbers that year too.

Story is Knight would have the trainers throw tennis balls to him to improve his hands.
We couldn’t help but like him with his size and heritage. He was said to be a bit of a jokester, too. Ewe was a slow developer but eventually proved adequate for our needs. His hands were probably better adapted for watchmaking…small of size and fingers of more effeminate leanings.

We couldn’t help but like him with his size and heritage. He was said to be a bit of a jokester, too. Ewe was a slow developer but eventually proved adequate for our needs. His hands were probably better adapted for watchmaking…small of size and fingers of more effeminate leanings.
Uwe (not Ewe - a female sheep) improved every year and was first team All Big Ten his senior year. "effeminate leanings?" Seriously?

Uwe (not Ewe - a female sheep) improved every year and was first team All Big Ten his senior year. "effeminate leanings?" Seriously?
Something told me “Ewe” didn’t look right but I didn’t listen.

Only his fingers were effeminate, not the totality of his inner workings. Manly fingers are more stout (think thicker girth), hairier, more inclined to nicks and scratches, if not calloused, too. Long, thin fingers of softness are equated with the more feminine side of the equation. Did you really not know this or were you just ribbing me, calling my bluff?

FWIW, Scott May’s first year he had “stone hands” for the first half of the season. It must have been nerves vs digital proclivity of sorts, anatomically speaking of course.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
There is absolutely no comparison whatsoever between Blab and Ware. Uwe worked his ass off to be serviceable. Ware has great hands and much better instincts. Don’t recall Uwe drilling any 3s either.

X is the key to this season. We desperately need him to pick it up all across the board. If he does, look out.

Harper isn’t going to help this team. Mostly because he’s still in HS and this team will be completely different next year no matter what.

So I just read this in Wikipedia about Uwe Blab: "Off the court Blab later admitted that he just kind of fell into the basketball world and never really considered it to be a great passion."

So I just read this in Wikipedia about Uwe Blab: "Off the court Blab later admitted that he just kind of fell into the basketball world and never really considered it to be a great passion."
It showed

He is a hell of a computer science leader that is for sure

There is absolutely no comparison whatsoever between Blab and Ware. Uwe worked his ass off to be serviceable. Ware has great hands and much better instincts. Don’t recall Uwe drilling any 3s either.

X is the key to this season. We desperately need him to pick it up all across the board. If he does, look out.

Harper isn’t going to help this team. Mostly because he’s still in HS and this team will be completely different next year no matter what.
To be technical the 3 point line was not a thing in college. Obviously you take ware all day every day. He’s really got a high ceiling even now after his great start. I met uwe at the college mall when I was 9. Gave me his autograph. It was outside the McDonald’s area.

To be technical the 3 point line was not a thing in college. Obviously you take ware all day every day. He’s really got a high ceiling even now after his great start. I met uwe at the college mall when I was 9. Gave me his autograph. It was outside the McDonald’s area.
Yeah, I was thinking it started while Uwe was at IU. The point remains though, he didn’t shoot from outside.

It showed

He is a hell of a computer science leader that is for sure
He was super smart and he tried very hard to do what Knight told him. 16ppg or so as a senior. One thing I have no doubt about, the 85 team would beat this 24 IU team. This team is #361 in 3s made per game. I had no idea there were that many D1 teams.

• Wow
No, we need him, we r trying to win a national title. Cupp was exposed. Galloway like last year is not quick enough.
I love Indiana but we're not winning a title not even a big ten title. We have so many holes and no guard depth we don't shoot threes and Reneau as talented as he is cant stay out of foul trouble. Prepare for a long season.

• Wow
I’m not remembering his brother. Certainly don’t remember recruiting another Blab.
I checked to see if my memory was legit. Uwe’s brother is Olaf. He played 1-2 seasons starting at Illinois and 1-2 seasons at Evansville. Although 7’ and a “good” high school player, he was always considered a project and never really produced at the college level.
I used the term “steer” which may have been too strong a term. Their parents lived in Illinois. But I do have a foggy memory that Uwe did not encourage Olaf to follow him at IU.

I checked to see if my memory was legit. Uwe’s brother is Olaf. He played 1-2 seasons starting at Illinois and 1-2 seasons at Evansville. Although 7’ and a “good” high school player, he was always considered a project and never really produced at the college level.
I used the term “steer” which may have been too strong a term. Their parents lived in Illinois. But I do have a foggy memory that Uwe did not encourage Olaf to follow him at IU.
The name rings a bell now. I don't recall IU recruiting him, but maybe.

Aloha, I think you are right. The recruiting, if any, might have been a soft “courtesy” thing.

"Not quick enough"? I think something must be wrong with my TV.

It's making Galloway look very quick when he drives past everybody from the top of the key down the lane to the basket.

• Haha
Reactions: Willdog7
I love Indiana but we're not winning a title not even a big ten title. We have so many holes and no guard depth we don't shoot threes and Reneau as talented as he is cant stay out of foul trouble. Prepare for a long season.
naysayer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT