ADVERTISEMENT

Vitale gives the Hoosiers some love in the ESPN article.

But all the IU fans (including you) have claimed the loss of Perea is not that big of a deal
It definitely had am impact. Especially in games against Iowa and Purdue who had a ton of size. As for next year we've got a replacement that's already better than Perea.

Just how exactly is he middle of the road? How does he compare to other B10 coaches?
Are you implying he's not middle of the road in the B10? Seriously?

Easily I would take Izzo, Matta, Ryan and Beilein over Painter. Then there are a few others that I would put on the same level as Painter. Really not hard at all to call him middle of the road. In the B10, that's honestly not a knock.

But all the IU fans (including you) have claimed the loss of Perea is not that big of a deal

Exactly and now Thomas is the savior. With no backup.

As far as IU trending down because you lost Perea fine. But how do you account for the losses when you DID have him back? Bad loss to Northwestern and a big home loss to Iowa.

Are you implying he's not middle of the road in the B10? Seriously?

Easily I would take Izzo, Matta, Ryan and Beilein over Painter. Then there are a few others that I would put on the same level as Painter. Really not hard at all to call him middle of the road. In the B10, that's honestly not a knock.

Only Izzo, Matta and Bo have better records than Painter. But sure, he's on the same level as all those other guys..

He's still a very young coach and is learning. He got away from the formula that wins at Purdue for a few years but seems to be figuring that out. Time will tell but his overall record is at the top of the league currently.

Only Izzo, Matta and Bo have better records than Painter. But sure, he's on the same level as all those other guys..

He's still a very young coach and is learning. He got away from the formula that wins at Purdue for a few years but seems to be figuring that out. Time will tell but his overall record is at the top of the league currently.

LOL - here come the excuses. He has never been past the sweet 16 with his team of the century. He is no longer that 'young'. He is an average joe coach. Perfect for Turdue

Exactly and now Thomas is the savior. With no backup.

As far as IU trending down because you lost Perea fine. But how do you account for the losses when you DID have him back? Bad loss to Northwestern and a big home loss to Iowa.
Wrong and wrong. Bryant isn't a savior. He alone isn't going to make us a top 10 team. He's going to be a reason but it's going to be a team effort. We don't need him to be a Zeller, that's what you all don't understand. I expect the combination of Beilfeld and Holt to be the equivalent or better than Perea as a backup.

I can say the same thing for you guys. You have no point guard. No proven outside shooting. Stephens is your best and he got benched.

If you ask ANYONE who actively watches college basketball and/or the B10, I would doubt anyone would think Painter is anything other than a middle of the road coach in the B10. Again, Izzo, Ryan, Matta and Beilein are all considered better coaches and I don't think it's a debate. Then there are a few who I would think are in a similar light as Painter.

What I've seen are pretty evenly matched teams over the years I've watched basketball. AND for the record I was born and raised an IU fan. I attended Purdue thus I became a Purdue fan.

So if you were born in America but to college in England, you'd root for them in the Olympics?

Wrong and wrong. Bryant isn't a savior. He alone isn't going to make us a top 10 team. He's going to be a reason but it's going to be a team effort. We don't need him to be a Zeller, that's what you all don't understand. I expect the combination of Beilfeld and Holt to be the equivalent or better than Perea as a backup.

I can say the same thing for you guys. You have no point guard. No proven outside shooting. Stephens is your best and he got benched.

Stephens was hurt, that's why his play time went down.

How long will Holt be on the team? With the current issues you better pray he isn't booted off.

If you ask ANYONE who actively watches college basketball and/or the B10, I would doubt anyone would think Painter is anything other than a middle of the road coach in the B10. Again, Izzo, Ryan, Matta and Beilein are all considered better coaches and I don't think it's a debate. Then there are a few who I would think are in a similar light as Painter.

hell, I don't think Painter is much, if any better than Crean. Turdue fans make me laugh

If Robbie were to never get hurt I think you'd be singing a completely different tune. Beilein isn't that different from Matt other than his team didn't lose it's key player for two straight seasons when they were one of the top 4 teams in the country.

If Robbie were to never get hurt I think you'd be singing a completely different tune. Beilein isn't that different from Matt other than his team didn't lose it's key player for two straight seasons when they were one of the top 4 teams in the country.

LOL. more excuses. Had Zeller and Olidipo not gone pro, 12 loss Tommy might have a national title under his belt. see how easy that is.

Stephens was hurt, that's why his play time went down.

How long will Holt be on the team? With the current issues you better pray he isn't booted off.
Didn't Stephens himself say his injury didn't impact his shooting? I thought so.
Holt won't be kicked off, IMO. I don't think he should be, either. This whole situation has been overblown.

We can go on for days making excuses. I honestly don't think Painter is much different than Crean as a coach. If Crean's first three years at IU didn't count against him, don't you think he would be thought of better? We can do this all day...

did you even watch UM last year because they lost their two best players for most of the year in Walton and Lavert. Also if we are going to play the injured card IU would have had two more championships if May and Henderson had not gotten hurt. You had a good player injured but couldn't get passed the sweet 16 where when we had those two injuries we were able to get to the elite 8

did you even watch UM last year because they lost their two best players for most of the year in Walton and Lavert. Also if we are going to play the injured card IU would have had two more championships if May and Henderson had not gotten hurt. You had a good player injured but couldn't get passed the sweet 16 where when we had those two injuries we were able to get to the elite 8

VCU just scored another layup. at least Tommy could figure out how to beat that juggernaut

LOL. more excuses. Had Zeller and Olidipo not gone pro, 12 loss Tommy might have a national title under his belt. see how easy that is.

Dude, I can't tell if you really are this stupid or if you're just doing your best to bait me but all I can say is you make for a good laugh, lol.

First of all, Purdue played Michigan last year before they lost either player and stomped them. Second, I never said Purdue would win the title, I said they would have been a favorite to make the final four. HUGE difference my man.

Dude, I can't tell if you really are this stupid or if you're just doing your best to bait me but all I can say is you make for a good laugh, lol.
You probably were not even born to remember Scott may broke his arm in 75 and if it was not for that we would had two straight undefeated national championships. In 93 if allan hnederson had not torn his ACL right before the tournament
First of all, Purdue played Michigan last year before they lost either player and stomped them. Second, I never said Purdue would win the title, I said they would have been a favorite to make the final four. HUGE difference my man.
I don't think Purdue would have made a final four even with Hummel because you are Purdue and you don't make final fours. In my lifetime Purdue has been to one final four in 1980 so I think the odds are good of saying Purdue would not have went to the final four. If Keady couldn't get their in the mid 80's with Lewis and Mitchell or in 94 with the big dog it is just not in the cards for Purdue to go to final fours.

Reactions: SNU0821
d
You probably were not even born to remember Scott may broke his arm in 75 and if it was not for that we would had two straight undefeated national championships. In 93 if allan hnederson had not torn his ACL right before the tournament

I don't think Purdue would have made a final four even with Hummel because you are Purdue and you don't make final fours. In my lifetime Purdue has been to one final four in 1980 so I think the odds are good of saying Purdue would not have went to the final four. If Keady couldn't get their in the mid 80's with Lewis and Mitchell or in 94 with the big dog it is just not in the cards for Purdue to go to final fours.
don't forget Mike Woodson in 1980 or Landon Turner in 1982. this doesn't even mention Isiah Thomas and all the other NBA departures. Of course, Turdue wouldn;t know anything about that. Hell, painter probably tries to talk his players into coming back like he did with jew jew johnson and hammonds.

bottom line: turdue is an average program with an average coach.

d

don't forget Mike Woodson in 1980 or Landon Turner in 1982. this doesn't even mention Isiah Thomas and all the other NBA departures. Of course, Turdue wouldn;t know anything about that. Hell, painter probably tries to talk his players into coming back like he did with jew jew johnson and hammonds.

Nice slurs

d

See this post would come off better if you just discuss the topic but you have to come with the childish name calling and you loose all creditability.

Now I know your either not very smart basketball wise or just trying to get my goat, which I couldn't care less. Hummel's team their junior year was one of the best teams the B10 has seen in a while. They were curb stomping teams down the stretch before Hummel was hurt. I'm never going to protest that they absolutely would have made it, but for you to say they wouldn't have a chance then you are being blatantly ignorant of the facts. They were on track to not only be a #1 seed but had a shot to be the #1 overall seed if they won out. They would have been 31-3 going into the NCAA tournament.

what name calling????? are you hyper sensitive? do you sob on rainy days??? what????
See this post would come off better if you just discuss the topic but you have to come with the childish name calling and you loose all creditability.

N
Now I know your either not very smart basketball wise or just trying to get my goat, which I couldn't care less. Hummel's team their junior year was one of the best teams the B10 has seen in a while. They were curb stomping teams down the stretch before Hummel was hurt. I'm never going to protest that they absolutely would have made it, but for you to say they wouldn't have a chance then you are being blatantly ignorant of the facts. They were on track to not only be a #1 seed but had a shot to be the #1 overall seed if they won out. They would have been 31-3 going into the NCAA tournament.
I have just seen a lot of college basketball in my life and seen two or 3 Purdue teams a lot better than that team and they couldn't get to the final four so until I see Purdue get there I assume they won't make the final four

N

I have just seen a lot of college basketball in my life and seen two or 3 Purdue teams a lot better than that team and they couldn't get to the final four so until I see Purdue get there I assume they won't make the final four

Lol, ok

So you must never saw a team with Lewis, Mitchell and Stephens or the 94 team with big dog and Martin because those two teams were a lot better than the Hummel team.

Big dog carried that team. He was a dominant player with Martin. That overall team was not better. I was too young to remember having seen the 87-88 team. I was only 10. Besides, I would have been watching IU at that time.

Big dog carried that team. He was a dominant player with Martin. That overall team was not better. I was too young to remember having seen the 87-88 team. I was only 10. Besides, I would have been watching IU at that time.
you must have been dropped on your head soon after.

19871988 was far better.

Give me Lewis/Stevens/Mitchell over those 3. and when Krybaby Kramer is your 4th best player - you're in trouble

First of all he wasn't our 4th best player. 2nd, what did he cry about? Sounds more like you cried about having to face him again.

I've seen Purdue teams with more dominant players, but I've never personally seen a better Purdue TEAM.
You also need to consider the quality of the B10 during the baby boilers years as well. It wasn't awful but it definitely wasn't super strong either.

I was watching IU at that time but I can watch other teams as well and probably could tell you about most teams in college basketball then and in 88 I was 18. I totally disagree wuth you on the 94 team because that was an overall better team than Hummels

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT