ADVERTISEMENT

Visitor here

Cardiac Red

Newcomer
Mar 5, 2012
I come in peace.

I'm a Louisville fan, but live in Southern Indiana, my wife is a huge IU fan.

I'm just curious on what everyone here thinks of the prospects are of Crean getting the ax, or maybe quitting on his own, and how long you all think they will wait before making a decision.

A few things I've heard through the grapevine (probably old news to most of you). I've heard Crean has some interest in Missou, or at least, Missou, has interest in him, guess he has some connections there ? I've also heard that in July his buyout drops considerably (like $3 million). Pretty slick negotiating by someone ending in July, that's either going to buy you another year, or, you're going to get $3 million for free. Question is, will they say hell with the $3 mil to snap up a coach they want before someone else does or wait it out, I guess another scenario is, they could make a silent deal with someone and not actually hire them until July ?

The Hoosier fans I know are all in on Alford, I'm not so sure he is the guy you're looking for, would be a nice feel good story, but I don't think he is as good as some other choices you may have (Archie Miller, Marshall, Kevin Keats even). Anyway just wanted to hear from the locals, I guess I could've sorted through all your threads and figured out the answers to all my questions but I'm a little lazy today. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and I really hope you all get a great hire, I love it when UofL, IU, and even Ky (we call them slapdicks down here) are all good, makes for great fan interactions.

I come in peace.

I'm just curious on what everyone here thinks of the prospects are of Crean getting the ax, or maybe quitting on his own, and how long you all think they will wait before making a decision.

A few things I've heard through the grapevine (probably old news to most of you). I've heard Crean has some interest in Missou, or at least, Missou, has interest in him, guess he has some connections there ? I've also heard that in July his buyout drops considerably (like $3 million). Pretty slick negotiating by someone ending in July, that's either going to buy you another year, or, you're going to get $3 million for free. Question is, will they say hell with the $3 mil to snap up a coach they want before someone else does or wait it out, I guess another scenario is, they could make a silent deal with someone and not actually hire them until July ?

The Hoosier fans I know are all in on Alford, I'm not so sure he is the guy you're looking for, would be a nice feel good story, but I don't think he is as good as some other choices you may have (Archie Miller, Marshall, Kevin Keats even). Anyway just wanted to hear from the locals, I guess I could've sorted through all your threads and figured out the answers to all my questions but I'm a little lazy today. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and I really hope you all get a great hire, I love it when UofL, IU, and even Ky (we call them slapdicks down here) are all good, makes for great fan interactions.
Him being gone is inevitable, most think. Sooner more probable than later. Buyout isn't an issue, it's payable over the next 3 years and any salary he makes in that time reduces the buyout. Most people I know do not want Alford, not sure his coaching resume is any better than Crean's. As far as who we can get, I don't think anyone knows but I doubt any decision on that will come prior to the final four. Yep, I live in Southern Indiana as well.

There are only about 30 active threads discussing this. You might want to read them.

Reactions: iubhounds
I come in peace.

Crean's on the hot seat?? When did this happen?

I come in peace.

Most IU fans on this site - not all, but most - want to take Crean's desk, desk chair and office couch out to the parking lot and burn them. (For the record, back in the early 1900s the President of the old NCR Corporation in Dayton used to do this when someone was let go for poor performance or other cause . . . hence the term "fired".)

If you have any additional questions, please refer to other threads on this board.

Crean's on the hot seat?? When did this happen?

I was wondering the same thing! He was B1G coach of the year last year! Beat Calimari to get to the sweet 16 last year. Why would we fire him? Next you're going to tell me Germany lost WWII......

I was wondering the same thing! He was B1G coach of the year last year! Beat Calimari to get to the sweet 16 last year. Why would we fire him? Next you're going to tell me Germany lost WWII......

Where to start . . .

. . . this is going to be a long, difficult conversation, I'm afraid . . . .

Did we give up when Germany bombed Pearl Harbor?

Reactions: BigNutsIUFan
Visitor, you would know all about slapdicks. Strippers, prostitution, rape, abortions, did I miss anything else going on with your players & coach at loserville??

Reactions: Hoosier Booey
I personally want him gone now. I guess as long as u of l can keep a coach around for running a whorehouse, crean's losing doesn't seem so severe.

I come in peace.

Can we swap ADs for about a month or so?

There are only about 30 active threads discussing this. You might want to read them.

I wouldn't advise tackling the threads on this issue without a couple of bottles of Bushmill's sitting next to the computer.

Visitor, you would know all about slapdicks. Strippers, prostitution, rape, abortions, did I miss anything else going on with your players & coach at loserville??
Oh wow.. that's cool, did you come up with that all on your own ? Such original material.. Most people that I know that are IU fans are pretty cordial and knowledgeable about basketball and sports in general, and yet here you are playing the role of a slapdick. Keep wallowing in mediocrity dude, I'm sure your brethren would rather move on than cast stones at someone else. I still hope you rid yourselves of Crean and start a new chapter of winning and being relevant and not hanging banners for Sweet 16 wins, thats not IU basketball, everyone in this thread who gave legit answers to my questions thank you, these comments aren't directed at you whatsoever, but when someone takes such an easy chip shot, I'm going to respond. Good luck in the future, and I'll stay off your site from now on.

Reactions: BigNutsIUFan
Oh wow.. that's cool, did you come up with that all on your own ? Such original material.. Most people that I know that are IU fans are pretty cordial and knowledgeable about basketball and sports in general, and yet here you are playing the role of a slapdick. Keep wallowing in mediocrity dude, I'm sure your brethren would rather move on than cast stones at someone else. I still hope you rid yourselves of Crean and start a new chapter of winning and being relevant and not hanging banners for Sweet 16 wins, thats not IU basketball, everyone in this thread who gave legit answers to my questions thank you, these comments aren't directed at you whatsoever, but when someone takes such an easy chip shot, I'm going to respond. Good luck in the future, and I'll stay off your site from now on.

FYI, I'm pretty sure that poster is a UK fan.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Don't leave us visitor, your insight is needed HAHA.
I wont even go into your louisville pres. getting run out of town, or all of the investigations involving money laundering going on at your commuter school now. Or how your a d is still there after a cheer leader dies of overdose in football players room, or how 2 football players are shot on campus by another athlete.
Now back to Crean, sure he should move on, I think he will & Indiana will hire a good coach & move back to the top of the Big 10.

You now have a sense of the IU 'fans' who lurk around this swamp...

Don't leave us visitor, your insight is needed HAHA.
I wont even go into your louisville pres. getting run out of town, or all of the investigations involving money laundering going on at your commuter school now. Or how your a d is still there after a cheer leader dies of overdose in football players room, or how 2 football players are shot on campus by another athlete.
Now back to Crean, sure he should move on, I think he will & Indiana will hire a good coach & move back to the top of the Big 10.

This here....a UK fan. AN IMPOSTER!

Most IU fans on this site - not all, but most - want to take Crean's desk, desk chair and office couch out to the parking lot and burn them. (For the record, back in the early 1900s the President of the old NCR Corporation in Dayton used to do this when someone was let go for poor performance or other cause . . . hence the term "fired".)

If you have any additional questions, please refer to other threads on this board.

If this is indeed true, then thanks for sharing. That is a nice tidbit to know going forward !

If this is indeed true, then thanks for sharing. That is a nice tidbit to know going forward !

Always good to confirm what you hear on an internet message board . . . especially when the poster is a denizen of the Water Cooler most of the time . . . .

The buyout is almost meaningless at this point assuming Crean gets another job.

The issue is the IU administration.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT