ADVERTISEMENT

Vinny Fiacable (OL) to IU

I watched a couple minutes of highlights on his Hudl page.

I like his build.

I really like the way he moves & his footwork. Doesn't move at all like a guy at his listed weight.

From the couple of minutes of highlights I watched, I didn't like how he finished plays. He definitely bulldozed guys that he physically outmatched, but he didn't seem to have that nasty streak laying it on until the whistle, which I'd expect to see some more of in a highlight tape.

Fiacable has the size and feet to be very good. I can say he comes from a family that is tough and has come to IU playing above their ability. I expect he will develop the toughness needed to go along with his size. Without knowing his family in the past when I coach in Ft Wayne, I would be worried about his lack of ornery streak but it runs in the family so I am guessing it will come in him when challenged by better players in practice.

Fiacable has the size and feet to be very good. I can say he comes from a family that is tough and has come to IU playing above their ability. I expect he will develop the toughness needed to go along with his size. Without knowing his family in the past when I coach in Ft Wayne, I would be worried about his lack of ornery streak but it runs in the family so I am guessing it will come in him when challenged by better players in practice.

That's great to hear! Always hard to judge kids playing against other kids a couple rungs down the ladder from a size/skills standpoint. I really do love how he moves around the field though for his size. And it's not like Dwenger plays a bunch of punk teams or anything.

I also wanted to point out the play at 1:45 (Vinny pulls out wide to lead a WR screen). I saw that developing when he took that first step heading out and just started cracking up thinking about what was going through that CBs head when he sees this hoss bee-lining right at him.

Side note, did he play in the finals against Ev. Central a couple years ago? I remember the two giant Dwenger linemen that were a SR & a JR. One went to Wisconsin, I'm not sure where the other went. Didn't know if he was a starter/contributor then though.

6'4 290 Guard from Bishop Dwenger

anyone know anything about him?
He reminds me a lot of Feeney and Katic(not saying he will have that type of career), but same build, athletic, can pull well, technique is already solid, under the radar type (because who really pays much attention to OL). Solid prospect for the that interior OL. IU has had really good success with developing these type of interior OL when they begin with the base that Fiacable has.

"6'4 290 Guard from Bishop Dwenger

anyone know anything about him?"

• 50 STEVE FIACABLE
    • POSITION

OL
    • HT./WT.

6-1 / 304
    • YEAR

Redshirt Freshman
    • HOMETOWN

Fort Wayne, Ind.
    • HIGH SCHOOL

Bishop Dwenger
    Biography

2010 (Freshman): Did not see any game action in 2010.

2009: Redshirted the 2009 season.

Prep/Personal: Played for head coach Chris Svarczkopf at Bishop Dwenger High School ... high school teammate of Hoosier defensive tackle Mick Mentzer and linebacker Greg Svarczkopf ... earned all-state, all-area and all-conference honors ... team finished state runner-up in 2008 ... lettered in wrestling and track ... honor roll student ... parents are Steve and Cathy Fiacable ... born on May 16, 1991, Stephen Joseph Fiacable is a communication and culture major.

7 MIKE FIACABLE
    • POSITION

QB
    • HT./WT.

6-1 / 208
    • YEAR

Redshirt Junior
    • HOMETOWN

Fort Wayne, Ind.
    • HIGH SCHOOL

Bishop Dwenger
    Biography

Fiacable graduated with an exercise science degree in May 2019.

2018 (Senior): Saw action in the Ball State win (9/15) ... rushed twice for 17 yards ... Academic All-Big Ten selection.

2017 (Junior): Played in victories over Georgia Southern (9/23), Charleston Southern (10/7) and Rutgers (11/18) ... made his collegiate debut against GSU ... two-time scout team player of the week (Rutgers and Purdue).

2016 (Sophomore): Did not see any game action in 2016.

2015 (Freshman): Did not see any game action in 2015 ... walk-on joined the program during the season.

Prep/Personal: Quarterback for head coach Chris Svarczkopf at Bishop Dwenger High School ... first team all-state and all-conference selection ... passed for 2,800 yards and 26 touchdowns as a senior ... rushed for 610 yards and 15 TDs ... held school single-season records in total yardage and total touchdowns ... set Bishop Dwenger’s single-game passing yardage mark ... team finished state runner-up his senior campaign ... three-year football and four-year basketball letterwinner ... served as a football and basketball team captain ... parents are Cathy and Steve Fiacable ... brother, Steve, was an IU offensive lineman (2009-10) ... born on Sept. 29, 1995.

• He said getting an offer from IU was special for him and his family. His father, Steve Fiacable, played football at Indiana and his brothers, Steve (2009-10) and Mike (2015-18) also played for the Hoosiers.

Last edited:
Love his IU ties and will trust coaches know what they project, as he does have D1 size. But it is still early and they don’t have a lot of spots this year. Seems like could have waited for higher rated options still, possibly an early reach here? But given first three commits who all seem solid, I will trust the staff knows what it wants, and for a LEO culture, this kid looks like a shoe in given the IU ties. That’s part of the mix for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT