ADVERTISEMENT

Vikings were in North America exactly 1,000 years ago

I repped a Danish company for awhile. The best fun ever and they paid well. A shot for/of Gammel Dansk (at 09:00 to start meetings), Work. Paint ball wars in the afternoon. Work. Schooner sailng in the evening. Everyone was allowed to bring their dogs to work…but they had to be diapered. The CEO loved hanging at “Red Head“ in Chicago’s River North on Ohio if I recall correctly. I think he got lucky a few times.
The first time ever that I introduced them to 3M in St. Paul …their first slide was about how they are real Vikings and thus kindred spirits.
They had a custom of clowning on each other . In Europe (probably here also) they have some gadgets known as “travel pussy”. I think the travel pussy market target is truck drivers . The Danes would sneak the TP into the security check carry on lluggage and put a little metal in the TP to trigger the alarms …triggering some embarrassing male ‘splainin. And after clearing customs a few times it became a badge of honor to get the TP signed and / or photoed with destination country ladies. And the travel pussy eventually birthed ( cheap pun) it’s very own web site, it soon became there was no fighting to reject the TP but fights to carry the TP to their next job.
The employees and owners had an agreement whereby there would be one fun day per month. The organizer of fun day was rotating among the employees (2 per month) and everyone was obligated to participate.
A final memory. In Northern Europe you cannot walk two blocks without street hustlers pushing business cards of Hos into your hand . The CEO and his new bride meant me for dinner in Hamburg shortly after he was married. I did the standard best thing / worst thing about the wedding day questions. The bride told me the worst thing was when the CEO had to to present his passport as his proof citizenship/identity. And when he popped it open to:the judge a bunch of street street hooker cards spilled out. His brother and employees must still be laughing but looking over their shoulders in fear of pay-back.
Tolerate me for a few more recollections of my time with Nordic companies.
I once asked my Danish CEO how his female employees were all 8s or above. He replied that the eligible employee pool compelled them to employee very attractive women due to the genetic pool limiting their options. yeah…right.

I repped a Swedish company for awhile. Our industry had a trade show in Las Vegas one year and my Swedish counterpart arrived early ( Saturday for a Tuesday opening day) . We were staying at the Bellagio/Venetian complex and I asked him about his weekend . He told me he went out Saturday night to explore the other side of the strip and saw a man looking like Elvis passed out on the bridge. it scared him and he returned to his room and did not leave until the exhibition opening. On the North side Chicago, we used to say “The man Is a Swede”. …meaning he won’t back up…he won’t give up.…definitely not my experience with the LV Swede.

Is the Minnesota NFL team needing to change it's name because using Vikings is offensive?

I was referring to Swedes in general as not being aloof or arrogant. You, apparently have a fixation with Swedish women.

And yes, there are a lot of Swedish women in Sweden. About the only difference between the, ones I have met there and American women is that, on average, their English is better.

My wife is Swedish.

Part of a job interview for a newspaper was a vocabulary test. Her results were very high and the editor accused her of somehow cheating.

• Haha
Reactions: Noodle
They did not necessarily arrive in 1021, but evidence strongly indicates they were in Newfoundland as of 1021.

Vikings are still here. Have you seen the women in Minnisota, Iowa and the Dakotas?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT