ADVERTISEMENT

Vic Wemby

If he can stay healthy, he'll be a 10 plus year, probable All-Star level starter. I'd say that's probably his floor.

I think overall physical strength could end up limiting how great he can become. But I assume he'll get stronger, and as he does, assuming he can stay healthy, he'll get better and better.

As many have mentioned, VW's skills and potential are not the concern; rather, it's his durability. There are so many examples of 7-footers having problems with their knees, ankles, etc.

The injury potential for a 7-4 guy who weights only 210 lbs--and whose game isn't just in the paint--would scare me to death if I were the Spurs.

Reactions: kkott
Read something over lunch saying that with Pop's extension, the Spurs are playing the long game on the rebuild. Expect minute restrictions on VW as they build him up.

I didn't realize that the French League he was in only plays once a week, but that was mentioned too.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
I think he may be the greatest talent I ever have seen.

My only worry is playing at this level of intensity and the number of games a season in the NBA how long can his body last?

He's starting at 19, surely the legs will give by the time he is 30. He will also need to bulk up but that will lead to knee issues at some point.

You have seen it in other professional sports when they start too young.

Reactions: IUAPEX
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT