ADVERTISEMENT

US economy adds 353,000 jobs in January

no. our increase in all things had zero to do with the world's economies. the far left took over and promised to be transformative creating the largest safety net in history. the stimulus and endless stays contributed significantly to where we are today. that was far left progressive policy under the guise of covid etc. i can only imagine where we'd be without manchin

it was just a cash cow give away pandering to the far left. what's more our draconian covid response wiht unneccessarily prolonged shutdowns and remote work contributed significantly as well. and make no mistake that too was policy

we needed someone who was competent and measured. it wasn't time to try and be transformative given the conditions. but that's biden. he's demonstrated over and over again that he has no idea what he's doing. or as manchin said perhaps it's just hte far far left people he has surrounded himself with who are calling the shots

Right or wrong, they chose to fight a recession. They got inflation. If we had done nothing and had a recession you would be mad. Many countries are in recession, or at least a downturn.

I have shown serious numbers that we have under built housing since 2008. That is a significant part of the problem.

Not touting Biden, but look at China, look at Germany, look at the UK, Russia. Heck, Iran has 40% inflation :). Japan "likely returned to growth in the 4th quarter". We are beating, sometimes crushing almost every g20 country. I haven't looked to all of them, so someone might be doing better.

The president gets too much blame, and too much credit, on the economy. I am not saying Biden is doing miracles. I am saying the US is.

america-hurricane.gif

Right or wrong, they chose to fight a recession. They got inflation. If we had done nothing and had a recession you would be mad. Many countries are in recession, or at least a downturn.

I have shown serious numbers that we have under built housing since 2008. That is a significant part of the problem.
a significant part of the problem is also the draconian covid bs that gave rise to remote work that inflated housing costs as well. it's just been three really, really bad years of governance. joe biden has no idea what he's doing. it's as simple as that. and again i won't agree with you on fighting a recession. he came out and said he wants to create the largest safety net. left wing political agenda was the motivation and we're feeling the consequences

In my area of Florida, a driver of home price escalation seems to be the well-off buying a second home to monetize ovia airbnb, VRBO, etc. or moving to a home with a mother-in-law suite to rent it out.

My neighborhood has 5 or so airbnb properties listed. Before last year it was always zero, to my knowledge.

The beaches are outstanding. The water is beautiful. The water just never gets warm. Always cold.

I mean, they are nice, but outstanding is a bit much. You nailed the problem with the water. Can only swim in the smaller lakes.

In my area of Florida, a driver of home price escalation seems to be the well-off buying a second home to monetize ovia airbnb, VRBO, etc. or moving to a home with a mother-in-law suite to rent it out.

My neighborhood has 5 or so airbnb properties listed. Before last year it was always zero, to my knowledge.

Sounds like a terrible neighborhood to be part of iwbh.

just remember biden in year one and his transformative talk and how far away we are from that today. in spite of biden not because of biden. the farther we get away from biden the better things will continue to get. manchin was right from day one.
I try to avoid responding to you because of your frequent histrionics and argumenta ad nauseam, but I'll make an exception here.

Larry Kudlow, a guy who served in the Trump administration and knows exponentially more about economics than you, is willing to give the current administration props but you're not.

Your multiple-times-a-day "in spite of biden" mantra becomes more nonsensical the more you say it. Repeating the same BS over and over doesn't make it true.

Your multiple-times-a-day "in spite of biden"
this is rich from the guy who posts daily about trump and gets almost nothing right on this board. cites crime stats improving without even recognizing they aren't being reported. Normal posters like ranger and npt even call out your endless bs. You’re in league with hickory liking each other’s posts. That should be a wake up call. half the country has less than $500 in savings. credit card debt is at an all time high. People can’t afford rent. countless articles reflect the increase in everything attributed to this administration. the reality is that your obsession with all things discounting trump has colored your ability to live in reality. "the economy" wake up dude.

Last edited:
Reactions: jet812
See posts 1 and 38
I should have been more clear, the report I refer to did state private sector jobs, not jobs associated with the government. Government created jobs account for a large portion of new employment.

Hell my own father retired early to take a government job, paid him full time salary for a P/T job. He fished all the time, I told him he had 17 years on a gravy train.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I try to avoid responding to you because of your frequent histrionics and argumenta ad nauseam, but I'll make an exception here.

Larry Kudlow, a guy who served in the Trump administration and knows exponentially more about economics than you, is willing to give the current administration props but you're not.

Your multiple-times-a-day "in spite of biden" mantra becomes more nonsensical the more you say it. Repeating the same BS over and over doesn't make it true.
the economy... here's reality. real terms. rent. not even to buy a new home with the exorbitant costs people can't even afford rent because all of these "jobs" you're so happy about as tdhoosier related are shit and don't pay enough to survive

Last edited:
In this report, for January, it was 36K out of 356K, or ~10%

Where the jobs are link:
https://www.cnn.com/business/live-n...y-02-02-24/h_3d28564c93ebc2a3f4c757d06ab4ce81

sectors with highest job growth:

#1 Education and health services
#2 Professional and business services
#3 Retail trade
#4 Government
#5 manufacturing
#6 transportation

this is rich from the guy who posts daily about trump and gets almost nothing right on this board. cites crime stats improving without even recognizing they aren't being reported. half the country has less than $500 in savings. credit card debt is at an all time high. countless articles reflect the increase in everything attributed to this administration. the reality is that your obsession with all things discounting trump has colored your ability to live in reality. "the economy" wake up dude.

Once again, you're unable to refute anything I presented.

Shouldn't you be posting about more important things like what you're wearing today, where you're shopping, and what Bravo show you're binge-watching?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Report I read weekly, has stated for weeks that jobs are just now coming back to where they were prior to "Covid". It is great, most are service industry jobs, but they count. There are rumblings that Anheuser Busch may strike later this month for better pay and better retirement benefits. I doubt it happens, they can't afford to take another hit like the Bud Light fiasco they are just now rebounding from. UPS did announce a 12k layoff, I think it is global but those are the types of job you hate to see go away. Typically higher paying and usually more stable.

Also regarding a previous post, it is absolute fact that CC debt is at an all time high. I speak with our financial underwriting team weekly and the biggest inhibitor of people seeking future financing is the credit card debt they have incurred the past two years. Soaring prices and wage increases not keeping up have put many in a bind.
I read today we’re down 4 million full time jobs since this summer. I was surprised by the graph. The reality is life sucked for most people the past few years and it’s going to take a few years of real wage growth for people to recover.

I read today we’re down 4 million full time jobs since this summer. I was surprised by the graph. The reality is life sucked for most people the past few years and it’s going to take a few years of real wage growth for people to recover.
That's interesting. Link?

• Haha
Reactions: outside shooter
Once again, you're unable to refute anything I presented.

Shouldn't you be posting about more important things like what you're wearing today, where you're shopping, and what Bravo show you're binge-watching?
I’ve posted multiple times with articles on how Americans are doing. Their debt. Where jobs are. Rents. You are trying to put lipstick on a pig. Go back to citing crime stats you get wrong.

You’re a hickory level poster. That’s why you two are back and forth on likes. That should be a wake up call. Normal posters like ranger and npt see your nonsense

I’ve posted multiple times with articles on how Americans are doing. Their debt. Where jobs are. Rents. You are trying to put lipstick on a pig. Go back to citing crime stats you get wrong.

You’re a hickory level poster. That’s why you two are back and forth on likes. That should be a wake up call. Normal posters like ranger and npt see your nonsense
Would love to continue the conversation (not really, actually) but I've gotta get back to work. You should try it (work) some time. You probably need to first tamp down the histrionics, though.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I think economics are lagging indicators.
i think people have jobs, often two or three, but they don't pay enough to keep up with the new cost of everything so they are falling farther behind and putting more and more on credit. jobs are a positive thing, always, but they don't match the economic reality so many are facing

Until crab legs come down and McMansions go for 180K, nothing will happen good that Biden can take credit for. Even then, it will probably be in spite of him.

Do I have this right?
Taylor Swift tickets have to come down to about $100.00.

• Love
Reactions: UncleMark
median home prices are well over $850K and all homes are on over 1.2 acres

Maybe you wouldn't fit in. People wear deordorant and tend to think.

LOL, that's like panhandle poor. I wouldn't fit into that cesspool with a bunch of renters and people that can't spell deodorant.

delray to boca to lauderdale to miami got whacked by northeasterns coming down paying with cash to enjoy the free state of florida and get the F out of NY. made prices skyrocket

I mean, they are nice, but outstanding is a bit much. You nailed the problem with the water. Can only swim in the smaller lakes.
Nah I meant outstanding and I stand by it. Go stand on top of Sleeping Bear and take in the view.

Grand Haven, Saugatauk, Glen Arbor(sleeping bear) are all listed on various "best in the US". Just don't go in the winter unless you like punishment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT