ADVERTISEMENT

Update . . .

Sope Creek

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003
my neurologist just resigned. The appointment I've been waiting for since March has been canceled. Don't know when it will be rescheduled. Anybody know a neurologist that can get me in? I think I know the answers to my questions.

• Sad
Reactions: hookyIU1990
my neurologist just resigned. The appointment I've been waiting for since March has been canceled. Don't know when it will be rescheduled. Anybody know a neurologist that can get me in? I think I know the answers to my questions.
Oh man - I'm really sorry to hear this Sope. I know his specialty is ALS, but this is the Neurologist my brother saw:

Dr. Robert Pascuzzi.

Again, I don't know if that's applicable/helpful, but my brother was able to get into see him initially very quickly. Once he was a patient, they sang his praises.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Oh man - I'm really sorry to hear this Sope. I know his specialty is ALS, but this is the Neurologist my brother saw:

Dr. Robert Pascuzzi.

Again, I don't know if that's applicable/helpful, but my brother was able to get into see him initially very quickly. Once he was a patient, they sang his praises.
Cool. Ohio, right? I may have to travel.

And who should I say is referring me? Or should I?
For Dr. Bedlack?

Tell him you talked to the guy who started Hoops4ALS for ALS TDI. You can send me a message if you want more details, but he'll almost certainly know who I am from that description. We invited him to be honored at Cameron Indoor Stadium last season and he came to our pre-game event at Hi-Wire Brewery.

I only know Dr. Bedlack though. I don't know Dr. Pascuzzi well, but if you want to drop my brother's name, he'd definitely remember him.

No. Dr. Pascuzzi. Same stuff?
Dr. Pascuzzi and people in his office would know my brother. If you want to tell him that Andy Murphy's brother recommended him, I'm good with that. My brother and his wife Brooke saw him regularly from early 2020 up until he passed away in July 2023.

@Ohio Guy @Sope Creek

I'm going to start a convo between the three of us so you guys can discuss the details privately. Of course, I'll be able to see it as well but I promise I won't dox you. Look for a Conversation alert.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Do you have a known diagnosis? In practice in NE GA not far from Athens and Gainesville. Not sure where you are in TN bit would be happy to try to help in any way if I can

Do you have a known diagnosis? In practice in NE GA not far from Athens and Gainesville. Not sure where you are in TN bit would be happy to try to help in any way if I can
I don't know. Does a Radiologist"s comment count? He said that I had NPH. I was told this by my then-PCP in March. I had a neurosurgeon say he doesn't know what I've got in July, but then he was flummoxed by the ruse my PCP devised to get me in front of a near-something before November. He said "no shunt." All signs point to NPH.

Thank you for the offer. I'm on the other side of the aisle from you, so I don't want to presume. I've got my new PCP on it.

Last edited:
I don't know. Does a Radiologist"s comment count? He said that I had NPH. I was told this by my then-PCP in March. I had a neurosurgeon say he doesn't know what I've got in July, but then he was flummoxed by the ruse my PCP devised to get me in front of a near-something before November. He said "no shunt." All signs point to NPH.

Thank you for the offer. I'm on the other side of the aisle from you, so I don't want to presume. I've got my new PCP on it.
No worries. Definitely need a neurologist for NPH management. Are you in Knoxville/Nashville/etc…. Metro areas?

Sorry to hear that.

I can’t be much help for you in Georgia. I know a number of them from a large practice in Indy. I’m surprised that whoever your neurologist was affiliated with just left you hanging like that.

I do know a surgeon affiliated with Emory in Atlanta. Really good guy, great CV. I’d be happy to ask him for any suggestions. Emory is a huge healthcare entity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT