ADVERTISEMENT

University of Kentucky Basketball Team-Really??

yaaaaaaaaaaaawn. Even as a fraud, f*ck, your life must suck.
The way several of you mysteriously jump to each other’s defense makes more than a few of us wonder if your posts don’t emanate from the same location. They certainly all lack content, which makes them strikingly similar. Have a great day sleeping in. #Fergusondumb!

The way several of you mysteriously jump to each other’s defense makes more than a few of us wonder if your posts don’t emanate from the same location. They certainly all lack content, which makes them strikingly similar. Have a great day sleeping in. #Fergusondumb!

How sad. Putting you on ignore but please get some help. Not sure what went wrong in your life but you can change it. No on says they want to be a relentless and diseased bag of dicks on an IU b-ball board when they grow up but here you are. Anyway, Crean is praying for you. Make that change. Good luck!

How sad. Putting you on ignore but please get some help. Not sure what went wrong in your life but you can change it. No on says they want to be a relentless and diseased bag of dicks on an IU b-ball board when they grow up but here you are. Anyway, Crean is praying for you. Make that change. Good luck!
You’re a troll and don’t belong here. Go annoy someone else. #Fergusondumb!

You can't intentionally put food out on the counter, then complain when the rats come, as you know they will. Your post was the problem dumbass. You make a stupid post about UK players not being from KY... who gives a flippin' f_ck? I'm not going to tell you how to ignore someone, I'll show you!
All scholarships at Indiana are paid by Varsity Club donations. No athletic revenues or taxpayer money contributes anything to IU athletic scholarships.
Thank you and I stand corrected.

Ya pretty easy to see why. UK is a top University to play basketball at. All the best players want to come to a school like UK. Kentucky as a state that produces high level talent is low. One of the lowest in the country. But think of schools that had their best player come from in state. UCLA- Jabar was from New York. UK-Issel I- Illinois. Ohio St-Oscar Robinson - TN.UNC-Jordan born Ny. Raised NC. IU- Isaiah Thomas Illinois. Duke- Christian Laetner. Ny. Im sure most schools look at their best to ever play their as a out of towner. If Ky had a better HS program and better talent. Then Im sure we would see more players their. Luckily UK has such a huge appeal to play their. UK is not forced(like some other schools) to rely on home grown mediocre talent. Wooo. If they did. They would probably be stuck in IU s dilemma trying to get guys to stay home. Instead of getting top talent outside the state. Sucks for IU they are having problems keeping that top talent to stay home. I wouldnt want to be in that scenario.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Ya pretty easy to see why. UK is a top University to play basketball at. All the best players want to come to a school like UK. Kentucky as a state that produces high level talent is low. One of the lowest in the country. But think of schools that had their best player come from in state. UCLA- Jabar was from New York. UK-Issel I- Illinois. Ohio St-Oscar Robinson - TN.UNC-Jordan born Ny. Raised NC. IU- Isaiah Thomas Illinois. Duke- Christian Laetner. Ny. Im sure most schools look at their best to ever play their as a out of towner. If Ky had a better HS program and better talent. Then Im sure we would see more players their. Luckily UK has such a huge appeal to play their. UK is not forced(like some other schools) to rely on home grown mediocre talent. Wooo. If they did. They would probably be stuck in IU s dilemma trying to get guys to stay home. Instead of getting top talent outside the state. Sucks for IU they are having problems keeping that top talent to stay home. I wouldnt want to be in that scenario.
Robinson was awesome player Ohio St.

Who the hell is Oscar Robinson from Tennessee who played at Ohio State ? Are you referring to Oscar Robertson who played for Cincinnati and is from Indianapolis?
I hate when someone on this board starts a thread about UK that brings inbred hilljacks like you to this board. I lose brain cells every time I read something you post. If you insist on posting here, would you at least find a fifth-grader in your neighborhood to edit your spelling and grammar before you submit ?

Interesting list, thanks. I guess it's not surprising, and I have no issue with it, but it is noticable the dearth of KY players from the 1980s onward.

You are correct.

I made a similar thread about this subject recently on the Kentucky board.

Kentucky used to produce several great players: NBA all-stars, MVP's, Hall of Famers. Not any more.

I can post the list or copy the actual post here.

But I do not want to interfere with the in-house skirmishes...and, as a guest I do not want to hi-jack one of your threads.

You are correct.

Kentucky used to produce several great players: NBA all-stars, MVP's, Hall of Famers. Not any more.

But I do not want to interfere with the in-house skirmishes...and, as a guest I do not want to hi-jack one of your threads.

Well, at least you’re displaying some manners in your quest to troll another team’s site.

The best college programs nationwide recruit the best players nationwide. With that talent pool to draw from, it's difficult for even the best players from any single state to compete. Simple, really.
Not exactly true, states with solid HS programs usually are strong partially because of the state's in state talent pool. In Football, Florida, Georgia, Texas, California, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Louisiana come to mind. Indiana HS basketball is very strong. Top programs in the country recruit Indiana. In Kentucky, not so much.

You are correct.

Kentucky used to produce NBA all-stars? You don’t say. You may want to clue in one of your fellow rocket scientists who posted earlier on this thread. I don’t think he believes that a small, pissant state like Kentucky is capable of producing players like that. He seems to think that your state’s size is the primary reason why you haven’t had any high school players that have been worth jack **** over the past 30+ years. You probably should enlighten him on that history, maybe expand his horizons a little...

It was a stupid topic, but your response is rambling. So IU's best player came from IL according to you, but our dilemma is we need to keep top IN talent home? Oh, by the way, Michael Jordan is as Carolina as a person can be. He moved here while a child and went to school entirely in NC. Not sure how that makes him an out of stater. And lastly, IU did have problems keeping the top talent in state, but so far, Archie Miller has largely fixed that. 3 straight Mr Bballs, which has never happened before (Lander would've likely made it 4 if he doesn't reclassify). The problem isn't getting top IN talent, the question is, is that enough?

Kentucky used to produce NBA all-stars? You don’t say. You may want to clue in one of your fellow rocket scientists who posted earlier on this thread. I don’t think he believes that a small, pissant state like Kentucky is capable of producing players like that. He seems to think that your state’s size is the primary reason why you haven’t had any high school players that have been worth jack **** over the past 30+ years. You probably should enlighten him on that history, maybe expand his horizons a little...
High school basketball talent has evaporated in the Louisville area (at least on the KY side of the river), and the state universities are reflective of that. There’s been little from the Western part of the state since Rex and Larry, and Lexington and Northern Kentucky haven’t produced much, either. Not sure of the reasons behind the steep decline, but there used to be good high school hoops in the Bluegrass.

Last edited:
Kentucky doesn’t produce enough talent to field a team on mostly homegrown talent. There were days when we produced guys like Hagans, Beard, Givens, Chapman consistently. Those days are gone.

High school basketball talent has evaporated in the Louisville area (at least on the KY side of the river), and the state universities are reflective of that. There’s been little from the Western part of the state since Rex and Larry, and Lexington and Northern Kentucky haven’t produced much, either. Not sure of the reasons behind the steep decline, but there used to be good high school hoops in the Bluegrass.
mostly because fewer kids are playing sports and many are playing football over basketball

Reactions: Lucy01
I remember the comments that Tarkanian provided on this subject with respect to the NCAA and Kentucky. I was referring to something else-a deeper corruption of the spirit that results from a team that is purported to be emblematic of basketball in a state having little to do with the actual poor quality basketball in that state. It puts an asterisk by your wins.

Let’s say University of Mississippi decided to become THE college power in ice hockey and recruited players throughout the US and Canada and had a fantastic team. Wouldn’t you think that is odd since people in Mississippi can’t play ice hockey worth a flip. For me it is the same situation with UK basketball. You are representing a strength that just isn’t there. In fact there may be more accomplished hockey players in Mississippi than basketball players in Kentucky.
Okay, time for some truth. The quality of high school basketball in Kentucky isn't poor. I'm pretty sure we have the same percentage of good high school players as Indiana, we just have fewer of them since our number of high school players is smaller.

I'm not a big high school basketball fan, but I think our tournament is more exciting because we have one champion, not one for each class. And, yes, I understand Indiana had to go to class championships because of the number of high schools and the size discrepancy. No explanations needed. So, if you want to take pride in Indiana having better high school basketball than us, please do so. And if you decide to play an all-star game with another of your neighboring states instead of us, please feel free to do that, too. Not many Kentuckians would care.

Now, getting back to college basketball, which is what this thread and this site is about, there is a reason why IU fans always go back to bragging about high school basketball. The best college basketball in the country is played in Kentucky and Indiana. However, for a decade, now, IU hasn't been carrying its share of the load, and the jury is out regarding if it ever will again. But, if you want to take solace in UK teams relying on out of state talent, have at it, no need to construct silly fables about hockey players in Mississippi.

Because here is the truth of the hypocrisy of IU fans: To us, players from other states become Kentuckians when they become UK players, and If IU had the ability to recruit out of state talent the same way UK does, IU fans would love them and take pride in them just as we do.

And while I'm in a truth telling mood, and I've mentioned loving UK players, and I know IU fans, let me add that incest occurs in every state, and when it does it is a tragedy. Since Indiana has a larger population, undoubtedly more of it occurs there than in Kentucky. It is too traumatic to be used as a casual insult. I really shouldn't have to tell you that.

Okay, time for some truth. The quality of high school basketball in Kentucky isn't poor. I'm pretty sure we have the same percentage of good high school players as Indiana, we just have fewer of them since our number of high school players is smaller.

I'm not a big high school basketball fan, but I think our tournament is more exciting because we have one champion, not one for each class. And, yes, I understand Indiana had to go to class championships because of the number of high schools and the size discrepancy. No explanations needed. So, if you want to take pride in Indiana having better high school basketball than us, please do so. And if you decide to play an all-star game with another of your neighboring states instead of us, please feel free to do that, too. Not many Kentuckians would care.

Now, getting back to college basketball, which is what this thread and this site is about, there is a reason why IU fans always go back to bragging about high school basketball. The best college basketball in the country is played in Kentucky and Indiana. However, for a decade, now, IU hasn't been carrying its share of the load, and the jury is out regarding if it ever will again. But, if you want to take solace in UK teams relying on out of state talent, have at it, no need to construct silly fables about hockey players in Mississippi.

Because here is the truth of the hypocrisy of IU fans: To us, players from other states become Kentuckians when they become UK players, and If IU had the ability to recruit out of state talent the same way UK does, IU fans would love them and take pride in them just as we do.

And while I'm in a truth telling mood, and I've mentioned loving UK players, and I know IU fans, let me add that incest occurs in every state, and when it does it is a tragedy. Since Indiana has a larger population, undoubtedly more of it occurs there than in Kentucky. It is too traumatic to be used as a casual insult. I really shouldn't have to tell you that.

Wow, thanks for your profound pontificating. I’m sure sis will give you a congratulatory kiss...

Maybe this isn’t the best place to look for unbiased, objective takes on UK or the state of Kentucky. I’d recommend you look elsewhere. BTW, your “truth” without data is just storytelling. Should we also assume that because Indiana has a greater population than Utah, that we have more Mormons? Your logic is faulty, everyone knows Kentucky is the most incestuous State in the Union...

Wow, thanks for your profound pontificating. I’m sure sis will give you a congratulatory kiss...

Maybe this isn’t the best place to look for unbiased, objective takes on UK or the state of Kentucky. I’d recommend you look elsewhere. BTW, your “truth” without data is just storytelling. Should we also assume that because Indiana has a greater population than Utah, that we have more Mormons? Your logic is faulty, everyone knows Kentucky is the most incestuous State in the Union...
i’ve noticed indiana fans can’t really argue with UK fans they just cling to eastern kentucky stereotypes, also washington is the most incestuous state in the union (also Indiana has a higher inbred population than kentucky :))

laws-in-ky.png

LOL

There's the good IU fan we've come to know. The one who can't help but fantasize about incest. It seems to be an IU fan thing. And, while Kentucky and Indiana residents are comparable in that they both love basketball, Indiana and Utah residents are not comparable at all in their love for Mormonism. See how logic works.

Who the hell is Oscar Robinson from Tennessee who played at Ohio State ? Are you referring to Oscar Robertson who played for Cincinnati and is from Indianapolis?
I hate when someone on this board starts a thread about UK that brings inbred hilljacks like you to this board. I lose brain cells every time I read something you post. If you insist on posting here, would you at least find a fifth-grader in your neighborhood to edit your spelling and grammar before you submit ?

Hey ass. It was a simple mistake that I rushed through to make my point. I love you internet tuff guys. Real comfortable throwing insults safely sitting behind a computer in your grandmas basement eating Cheetos. Cowards like you are what has brought our country down. So go check your dating sites to see if some other loser swiped right on your pic. And keep my threads outa your mouth.

There's the good IU fan we've come to know. The one who can't help but fantasize about incest. It seems to be an IU fan thing. And, while Kentucky and Indiana residents are comparable in that they both love basketball, Indiana and Utah residents are not comparable at all in their love for Mormonism. See how logic works.

& yet here you are...no need for me to fantasize, if I want to experience in reality I just need to drive a couple of hours south into KY. What’s your address?

& yet here you are...no need for me to fantasize, if I want to experience in reality I just need to drive a couple of hours south into KY. What’s your address?
only in eastern kentucky where people live in the mountains

Hey ass. It was a simple mistake that I rushed through to make my point. I love you internet tuff guys. Real comfortable throwing insults safely sitting behind a computer in your grandmas basement eating Cheetos. Cowards like you are what has brought our country down. So go check your dating sites to see if some other loser swiped right on your pic. And keep my threads outa your mouth.
If my abuse bothers you, you have two sound options. Restrict your ignorant ass to Rupp's Rafters or get yourself some education. Why would anyone respect your opinion on anything when you have the intellect of a chimpanzee. I don't claim to be a "tuff guy", I just have little tolerance for ignorance.

Reactions: gator mcCluskey
Hoping it may convince you to go back whence you came, since your intentions are to troll. You get what you deserve here...
Actually, I'm a UK fan responding to a post on an open forum criticizing UK basketball. That's not trollish behavior and makes me think you don't know what a troll really is.

So you need to quit being an internet pussy and grow a pair?

That's not logic, Cletus .

You’re a troll and don’t belong here. Go annoy someone else. #Fergusondumb!
You lack self awareness ... and apparently have no understanding of irony or hypocrisy.

Please, keep your lame witted reply to yourself, I wont read it.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
You lack self awareness ... and apparently have no understanding of irony or hypocrisy.

You lack brains and insight, likely because of your addiction to the hippie lettuce. Ever wonder why no one takes you seriously? You probably should.

He has zero self awareness, and no understanding of irony or hypocrisy. In another thread he accused someone of lying, which is always a knee slapper coming from a guy who's a total fraud and lies constantly, and another of possibly being mentally unstable. Mary makes me laugh at him all the time, but I sometimes feel bad about it because he's pretty obviously not right in the head.

He has zero self awareness, and no understanding of irony or hypocrisy. In another thread he accused someone of lying, which is always a knee slapper coming from a guy who's a total fraud and lies constantly, and another of possibly being mentally unstable. Mary makes me laugh at him all the time, but I sometimes feel bad about it because he's pretty obviously not right in the head.
You’re so intimidated and so cowardly, all because I caught lying. You’re such a cowardly fraud, and I love, rent free, in your head.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT