ADVERTISEMENT

UNC game will be the most expensive ticket in IU history

Our #1 dentist here in Washington .
His season tickets for this game would probably bring stupid money...
He's usually seen as the camera spans out after a big run by the Hoosiers..When they go to a tv timeout..
Go Hoosiers !!
I am the #1 dentist. Too big of an IU fan to even consider selling. To me, my tickets are priceless! GO HOOSIERS!!!

You are in rare air. Don’t quit that job. But sounds like they don’t pay you shit, you can just expense things :).
Bingo. Maybe a better way of saying it is they don’t pay me what I’m worth. Things changing in a few weeks and going out on my own. More risk, but the hill is worth the climb. But my days of spending other peoples money will be over. It’s been a hell of a ride / run!

• Love
Reactions: Icefan and Cavanagh
Bwahaha, now take 3 or 4 clients on a hunting trip for a few days with flights, licenses, ammo, guides, lodging, food and tips. Fly in fishing trips are even crazier.

Sporting events are cheap.
Agree. The salmon fishing trip via float plane lodge I take customers to every couple years in BC is $6k per man. Our bar tab alone for the 4 days we are at the lodge is $22,000. That said, there is no comparison to a great fishing / hunting experience compared to a sporting event and the cost supports it!

Last edited:
Our bar tab alone for the 4 days we are at the lodge is $22,000
That's why I've only done it in the lower 48.

Sadly, the opportunities to enjoy those types of boondoggles are getting fewer and farther in between. As I've gotten older, nearly all the older guys who used to make the decisions have been been replaced by a younger group of people who would rather do something else that doesn't even include games anymore. Hard for me to get amped up for Coachella or Miami's Food & Wine Festival.

Reactions: ericrossiu
That's why I've only done it in the lower 48.

Sadly, the opportunities to enjoy those types of boondoggles are getting fewer and farther in between. As I've gotten older, nearly all the older guys who used to make the decisions have been been replaced by a younger group of people who would rather do something else that doesn't even include games anymore. Hard for me to get amped up for Coachella or Miami's Food & Wine Festival.
I do two trips and rotate them. The big trip is the BC trip. The other is a trip in lower 48 in Venice, LA where we bust up Yellowfin and big bull reds. Good peeps down in that part of the world. Same with BC.

I do two trips and rotate them. The big trip is the BC trip. The other is a trip in lower 48 in Venice, LA where we bust up Yellowfin and big bull reds. Good peeps down in that part of the world. Same with BC.
All of mine have been ad hoc trips. In Nov, one of our SW vendors is splitting the cost to take a couple of joint customers to SD for a pheasant hunt. We already had it on the books, so adding 2 more guys wasn't that big of deal, luckily. The other option was a Texas hog hunt that would have been ridiculously expensive relative to the experience you have. I'm glad they chose the pheasant hunt.

A guy I know at GE Cap has been taking customers hunting for years. He's about to retire and is catching hell from everyone about no longer paying for the trip. LOL

Bwahaha, now take 3 or 4 clients on a hunting trip for a few days with flights, licenses, ammo, guides, lodging, food and tips. Fly in fishing trips are even crazier.

Sporting events are cheap.
Any rep that gets to go on lavish hunting or fishing trips should make 500k plus a year. I am not there lol.

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
I am the #1 dentist. Too big of an IU fan to even consider selling. To me, my tickets are priceless! GO HOOSIERS!!!
I feel the same way about my 4 court seats - I buy them to share awesome experiences in Assembly Hall with good friends. I was offered $7,500 for the 4 for the Kentucky game in 2010 BY A BROKER who was obviously going to mark them up. Took 3 good friends instead and had an awesome time.

I’m a Red Sox fan and went to countless games, baseball games are not expensive unless it is the playoffs. No where close to 1k per ticket for decent seats.

so yes I agree the final 4, WS, masters and Ryder cup. But those are the most prolific sporting events. Normal businesses don’t expense those lol.
How did we both get to Be Red Sox and Celtics fans in Indiana?

How did we both get to Be Red Sox and Celtics fans in Indiana?
My pops was born in Dawwwwwchesta. He passed the masshole on to me! Tho he did screw me by liking Tark and the purple people eaters growing up. Instead of Brady I got Cousins....

My pops was born in Dawwwwwchesta. He passed the masshole on to me! Tho he did screw me by liking Tark and the purple people eaters growing up. Instead of Brady I got Cousins....
My first WS I remember watching was 75 on a B&W tv . I liked Jim Rice. Celtics? They werent really on much late 70s finals were on tape delay I guess my dad liked them but Larry Bird sealed that one.

Reactions: kkott
My first WS I remember watching was 75 on a B&W tv . I liked Jim Rice. Celtics? They werent really on much late 70s finals were on tape delay I guess my dad liked them but Larry Bird sealed that one.
I went to Fenway a few times a year as a kid, and my dad would go as early as possible and take pictures (was the head photographer for the IU art Museum for 30 years). Jim Rice was a coach at the time I was prob 12ish. He was in the dugout and I was standing at a corner lookin in. I spotted Jim Rice, and I knew him!!! SO I yelled "Hey Jerry" no response "Hey Jerry" no response "Jerry Rice!" He turns around and gives a look of death. My dad got a good chuckle out of that one.

I lived in M-SP for a year and a half out of grad school and my office was in Bloomington right across the street from Metropolitan Stadium. I’d head over after work for Twins games and eat my hot dogs and drink beer with the other 2,500 fans in attendance. Attended a few Vikings and Northstar games too but wasn’t there long enough to develop an allegiance. That area is now essentially the Mall of America and sports moved downtown.
The downtown area was vibrant then and even though cold as a witch’s tit it was always sunny and blue outside. Good memories of Minneapolis.

I lived in M-SP for a year and a half out of grad school and my office was in Bloomington right across the street from Metropolitan Stadium. I’d head over after work for Twins games and eat my hot dogs and drink beer with the other 2,500 fans in attendance. Attended a few Vikings and Northstar games too but wasn’t there long enough to develop an allegiance. That area is now essentially the Mall of America and sports moved downtown.
The downtown area was vibrant then and even though cold as a witch’s tit it was always sunny and blue outside. Good memories of Minneapolis.
Ive never been, on the to do list!!!

Reactions: eddy4iu
The most expensive ticket to date was 2/2/13 at home against MI. That was a wild ticket environment. I even met one of the biggest hoosier fans @eddy4iu because of it :)!!

This UNC game is insane. My friend that is a big broker has sold all of his tickets except bleacher seats behind the visiting bench, which I told him to put for 5k each. I traded the same broker 6 of my season tickets, 4 in C40, and 2 in J17. He sold them already for $600 and $1000 each respectively. For anyone that thinks the players don't deserve money, these figures should make you question that. The amount of money that will be spent to watch IU basketball this year will be astronomical. Of course a piece of that money spent should go to the people playing the game. Just seems silly people ever thought differently to me.
It seems to me that you thinking that anyone who disagrees with you is “silly” is a bit egotistical and does not acknowledge that people can disagree for non-silly reasons.

so feel free to call me silly.

Last edited:
It seems to me that you thinking that anyone who disagrees with you is “silly” is a bit egotistical and does not acknowledge that people can disagree for non-silly reasons.
Silly might not have been the right word. Unethical, backwards, unAmerican would have been better.

2017-18 Duke....lost by 10 to Marvin Bagley, Greyson Allen and company. Finished 16-15 that year. Before that I think was the Wat shot game. Pretty sure UK was preseason #1 coming in. Should be one heck of a game.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
The most expensive ticket to date was 2/2/13 at home against MI. That was a wild ticket environment. I even met one of the biggest hoosier fans @eddy4iu because of it :)!!

This UNC game is insane. My friend that is a big broker has sold all of his tickets except bleacher seats behind the visiting bench, which I told him to put for 5k each. I traded the same broker 6 of my season tickets, 4 in C40, and 2 in J17. He sold them already for $600 and $1000 each respectively. For anyone that thinks the players don't deserve money, these figures should make you question that. The amount of money that will be spent to watch IU basketball this year will be astronomical. Of course a piece of that money spent should go to the people playing the game. Just seems silly people ever thought differently to me.
Whoa, wait-----Now one of the reasons players deserve money is people are ****ing stupid enough to spend $10,000 on two tickets to a CBB game?

Sure......A one time event is reason to pay players.

Whoa, wait-----Now one of the reasons players deserve money is people are ****ing stupid enough to spend $10,000 on two tickets to a CBB game?

Sure......A one time event is reason to pay players.

every game this year generates millions of dollars. Every one. It is a giant business. The players are the main reason just like the nba.

every game this year generates millions of dollars. Every one. It is a giant business. The players are the main reason just like the nba.
There is really no way to have schools start paying players directly. The salary cap would have to be tiny for non p5 schools to even have a chance.

Not to mention it would basically end non revenue sports.

Players are getting paid their worth through NIL.

When was the last time a preseason #1 was on our home court before the big ten?
IU has been pretty good of late vs #1 at Assembly Hall....

2001: IU 59, #1 MSU 58------Hastons.
2011: IU 73, #1 UK 72-------Watford
2013: #3 IU 81, #1 Michigan 73

Lost to Duke in 2018...

Not gonna derail this thread----But paying players is a mistake----As we are starting to see. If kids wanna get paid, there are options, i.e. Oversea's, G-League and NBDL. No one is forcing kids to attend college. Plus, they are getting "paid"---Room, board, access to free and every good medical treatment, clothing, fed, travel the country for free, and most importantly, they are GIVEN a stage to showcase their talents...

Players are "A" reason------But you could put 13 walk-on's out there, and Assembly Hall would be packed. Its a love affair, then the kids.

Not gonna derail this thread----But paying players is a mistake----As we are starting to see. If kids wanna get paid, there are options, i.e. Oversea's, G-League and NBDL. No one is forcing kids to attend college. Plus, they are getting "paid"---Room, board, access to free and every good medical treatment, clothing, fed, travel the country for free, and most importantly, they are GIVEN a stage to showcase their talents...

Players are "A" reason------But you could put 13 walk-on's out there, and Assembly Hall would be packed. Its a love affair, then the kids.
The NCAA has no choice but to allow NIL. They lost several lawsuits.

The NCAA has no choice but to allow NIL. They lost several lawsuits.
Shame, TBH........Has caused and will to cause nothing but a mess. IU basketball players are compensated just fine....

Anyways......Should be a great game. I went on SeatGeek, just to look-----Yikes. 2 tix in Section FF are going for $500... :D 🤣

Reactions: B1G_Fan
Shame, TBH........Has caused and will to cause nothing but a mess. IU basketball players are compensated just fine....

Anyways......Should be a great game. I went on SeatGeek, just to look-----Yikes. 2 tix in Section FF are going for $500... :D Tix when first available are always at ridiculous. Give it a few weeks

Anyways......Should be a great game. I went on SeatGeek, just to look-----Yikes. 2 tix in Section FF are going for $500... :D 🤣

out in front of AH just before tipoff was when i always had the best luck.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
IU has been pretty good of late vs #1 at Assembly Hall....

2001: IU 59, #1 MSU 58------Hastons.
2011: IU 73, #1 UK 72-------Watford
2013: #3 IU 81, #1 Michigan 73

Lost to Duke in 2018...
I was there in 2001. It was basically half of my life ago.

Not really "of late."

a little harder when tickets are all digital now.... At least I assume that adds a layer of difficulty

got a lot worse when IU quit selling upgrades in the early 90s. (i think the Simons were/are in the ticket scalping business, were/are they not).

much worse again when they went to a student section.

was great for 20 yrs though, and still good after that.

if they go all digital tics, i'm out for good.

that said, for 20 yrs i bought tics out front right before game time, never pd more than $20, (more like $10 in the 70s), and virtually always sat in the first 7 rows on the side, even for the biggest games.

sat court side every game for 10 yrs before that, in "the new" fieldhouse.

Last edited:
Tickets are ungodly expensive this year. Bad year for me to trade a bunch of my seats. If you wanna go to the hall this year, better check your savings account.

• Love
Reactions: 8Stars5Banners
unbridled greed gone out of control.

not everything is supposed to be about maxing revenues, whatever it takes.

college, and college sports, are 2 of those that aren't supposed to.

a little harder when tickets are all digital now.... At least I assume that adds a layer of difficulty
Yeah - I've wondered about that too. I suppose tickets can be transferred on the spot but that is a little more clumsy than handing over cash for a paper ticket.
And then, with regard to paper tickets, have to be extremely careful that the seats haven't already been transferred electronically because that voids the ticket barcode for entry.
Probably just better to buy from someone you know and trust if you can. Or, secure broker sites with guarantees - UGH.

Exactly. Looking at revenue generated in the secondary ticket market has nothing to do with what the school "should share".
With IU specifically, you have to give at min 6 grand (if you got grandfathered in) normally 12 grand plus every year in a donation to keep your premium seats. They also get a huge uptick in donations for fans trying to get better seats when we are good. Not to mention the extra concessions, parking, and merchandise spent when good.

I would bet IU will make more than 20% more than they ever have on all things IU bball revenue when it is said and done.

Reactions: eddy4iu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT