ADVERTISEMENT

UNC game will be the most expensive ticket in IU history

Yeah - I've wondered about that too. I suppose tickets can be transferred on the spot but that is a little more clumsy than handing over cash for a paper ticket.
And then, with regard to paper tickets, have to be extremely careful that the seats haven't already been transferred electronically because that voids the ticket barcode for entry.
Probably just better to buy from someone you know and trust if you can. Or, secure broker sites with guarantees - UGH.
tix get transferred on the spot all the time. At the BTT my buddy was camped out at the hotel across the street, and he hired a guy to shag people on the streets to him. The new modern scalping, was pretty fun to watch.

Reactions: eddy4iu
With IU specifically, you have to give at min 6 grand (if you got grandfathered in) normally 12 grand plus every year in a donation to keep your premium seats. They also get a huge uptick in donations for fans trying to get better seats when we are good. Not to mention the extra concessions, parking, and merchandise spent when good.

I would bet IU will make more than 20% more than they ever have on all things IU bball revenue when it is said and done.
I thought the point was that the most expensive tickets in history were the basis for it being the reason they should pay more. I was just agreeing that secondary market ticket prices don't have any affect on what the school makes and could share.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT