ADVERTISEMENT

UK meltdown

Tasmanian Devil

All-American
May 27, 2010
A buddy of mine sent me a text over weeping and gnashing of teeth (all 3 of them) over on Rupp Rafters. Been a bad day for the in-breds; not only did they lose at home to Florida (in part because of a no-call foul by the Gators), but they lost out on Zion Williamson - who picked Coach K and Duke over the guy and the school “who best prepares you for the NBA.”

Pretty funny - and predictable. BBN has always tolerated the OAD and the “players-first program” because those continual top-5 guys helped them win. Now UK is no longer getting those guys or winning - at least at the rate they THINK they should.

Only thing I didn’t see was any John Higgins references (I’m sure they’re coming). No fanbase ever deserved having an extra-large portion of humble pie being served up to them. They’re choking on it quite well.:D

The yearly fire Cal threads are alive and well at Rupp Rafters. There is no more delusional fan base in sports.

Last edited:
Reactions: kkott
A buddy of mine sent me a text over weeping and gnashing of teeth (all 3 of them) over on Rupp Rafters. Been a bad day for the in-breds; not only did they lose at home to Florida (in part because of a no-call foul by the Gators), but they lost out on Zion Williamson - who picked Coach K and Duke over the guy and the school “who best prepares you for the NBA.”

Pretty funny - and predictable. BBN has always tolerated the OAD and the “players-first program” because those continual top-5 guys helped them win. Now UK is no longer getting those guys or winning - at least at the rate they THINK they should.

Only thing I didn’t see was any John Higgins references (I’m sure they’re coming). No fanbase ever deserved having an extra-large portion of humble pie being served up to them. They’re choking on it quite well.:D
I can think of one fanbase that deserved and is currently swallowing an extra-large helping of humble pie, I too relish them choking on it, it's fun to watch right?

I actually think Calipari is rebalancing his portfolio, going after the two year guy with a taste of one and done.

This year's Kentucky team is one of the least impressive I've seen in a while...even over the NIT team. But, there definitely are talented and if they stay, grow and develop could form the base of a legitimate title contender.

I can think of one fanbase that deserved and is currently swallowing an extra-large helping of humble pie, I too relish them choking on it, it's fun to watch right?

Yeah, that usually applies to people in positions of inferiority. Your obsession runs deep...

We are rebuilding, not restocking. Cal was at the top and is falling quickly. He has shown he isn't all that great of a coach, or recruiter. Me seeing it isn't a problem, the recruits seeing it is another thing...

Reactions: IUgradman
I've never thought Cal was much of a game coach... The blue crazies will run him out of town soon.

These OAD players have finally figured out that they can probably go anywhere and play and it wont hurt their draft stock.

These OAD players have finally figured out that they can probably go anywhere and play and it wont hurt their draft stock.
And everyone thought it was Calipari that was getting them drafted high :rolleyes: . . . if there was one thing Cal has been good at (at times), it's being a salesman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT