ADVERTISEMENT

UK Coach Search Updates

Nobody knows whether they've gotten a first offer coach.

As far as getting a coach that has a championship,, lol, how many times has that happened in history?
Like twice?
We do know that Cal, tubby and Ricky were not the first. I should’ve said since Joe B. but I didn’t.
Probably. I’m just saying…

Reactions: RunninRichie
We could hire Hurley (Idoubt it) and people would say Drew was our first choice.
Drew was first. Probably sent feelers out to multiple guys. One was oats almost assuredly. Also? I’m not so sure BD gets asked a 3rd time.

I still can’t believe how people can be so inaccurate on him. The info has been out there for years. Hes a Waco wacko. It’s still insane to me that he’s ever mentioned in the IU coaching search too. Would be the worst fit of the worst fit of fits. The dude will coach 5-6 more years and then create a cult or mission. Maybe both. I mean who listens to their mother in law?
Yeah it seems like Drew takes his faith very seriously. Baylor is the perfect place for him as a small private Baptist school compared to the state flagship and fishbowl that is Kentucky.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Drew was first. Probably sent feelers out to multiple guys. One was oats almost assuredly. Also? I’m not so sure BD gets asked a 3rd time.
I’d guess they sent out feelers to 6 or 7 guys. Different people involved probably preferred different candidates and then they started talking to those interested immediately. I don’t think there are “first choices”.

Norlander on twitter saying he turned it down. I don't believe it. Sounds like someone is wishful thinking and reporting it as scoop to him. Guess we will see. Exciting nonetheless.

Yeah it seems like Drew takes his faith very seriously. Baylor is the perfect place for him as a small private Baptist school compared to the state flagship and fishbowl that is Kentucky.
It’s not the fishbowl though that has kept him out of other p5. It’s fit. UK is pretty liberal contrary to being in the Bible Belt. Hard to preach like he does and incorporate faith based principles at a public university. Thats why he rarely gets those offers. If Mitch wasn’t like minded of Drew I’d bet UK wouldn’t sniff.

Truth to that. The Crafts are big problem donors. Some stuff went on with them and Cal to the point Cal had to defend his players. Don’t know the specifics. Maybe Richie can explain it.
Rumor is Craft wanted to use Oscar in a ad. For his wife, Kelly's campaign. Cal blocked it. Craft was pissed about it.

UK needs to figure out if it’s worth waiting for Billy D to finish the season (he would take the job) or go to next tier of candidates.

Bulls play-in game is 17th vs Hawks, win that and it’s an even longer wait for him to be available.

Reactions: CriticArisen
UK needs to figure out if it’s worth waiting for Billy D to finish the season (he would take the job) or go to next tier of candidates.

Bulls play-in game is 17th vs Hawks, win that and it’s an even longer wait for him to be available.
I would hope they would at least know if he’s an absolute no or not already.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
I don’t know what kind of jet Craft has but flew on a G5 a few times and a really good way to travel. I am not prone to envy except when it comes to a private jet.

I don’t know what kind of jet Craft has but flew on a G5 a few times and a really good way to travel. I am not prone to envy except when it comes to a private jet.
Yeah...of all the spoils of being very wealthy, the only one I've ever truly envied is a private jet. It is a very, very nice way to travel.

I don't care about yachts or mansions. Cars are cool -- but the excitement is fleeting. But the jets....the jets are something I'd never get tired of.

I'm telling you Sampson would kill it there. I know he is in his 60s but man what he has did at Houston could you imagine him with Kentucky players.. I don't see Donovan leaving the NBA and he won't be done for aleast anotger two weeks that hurts the portal and recruiting.

I'm telling you Sampson would kill it there. I know he is in his 60s but man what he has did at Houston could you imagine him with Kentucky players.. I don't see Donovan leaving the NBA and he won't be done for aleast anotger two weeks that hurts the portal and recruiting.
Sampson will not be a candidate. They are getting down to pope. Pope!!!!

Reactions: Tammany Hall
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT