ADVERTISEMENT

UK Coach Search Updates

Matt Jones is saying Drew hasn't been offered. Who the hell knows. Some guy in Trilly Donovan's discord who called some stuff, also is adamant that UK is getting Hurley or Donovan.
You actually believe that guy? Trilly has been off lately too.

Edit: lots of trolls on the discord threads.

I knew a guy that was a Baylor grad from modest means but married a fellow Baylor grad and she was from an affluent family. I know how cliche it sounds but the pool boy really did point the way to a divorce.

I understand Victor’s point-Drew in a perfect place for his beliefs so why would he move.

I understand Sheppard is from a very religious family so maybe it helped him become a true lights out shooter. :)
Yeah, but they’ve got that ark thing in Kentucky…

Not as much lately. He’s selling discord. Pretty sure it’s more than one guy too. He’s pissed sources off and been fed bad info on purpose.
That actually sounds plausible. I think you're right. I'm sure these guys don't like him selling their info.

That actually sounds plausible. I think you're right. I'm sure these guys don't like him selling their info.
Also, Drew has sold out and done things that have pissed people off. He(had his assistant) threaten to deport a player if he went to another school. Turned in a booster over an alumni sticker…etc. he’s petty. Oh and him and Jeff Goodman are pickleball buds(not joking). The dude is a closet slime ball.

Also, Drew has sold out and done things that have pissed people off. He(had his assistant) threaten to deport a player if he went to another school. Turned in a booster over an alumni sticker…etc. he’s petty. Oh and him and Jeff Goodman are pickleball buds(not joking). The dude is a closet slime ball.
Yeah, I've heard all about that stuff. Even heard about how other coaches (Rick Barnes especially) hate him for negative recruiting. The god stuff is a ploy, imo. He's hiding behind that.

Yeah, I've heard all about that stuff. Even heard about how other coaches (Rick Barnes especially) hate him for negative recruiting. The god stuff is a ploy, imo. He's hiding behind that.
No…he’s a typical modern “godly” type. Repent on Sunday. That’s how smug these guys are. He still will be business as usual. IU administration and many coaches in the state can’t stand him. He’s never been close to a candidate in the B1G. It’s funny when I hear these experts say he was.

Reactions: RunninRichie
They know Pearl is slobbering…today might be the day…he’s a fall back because they know he’s the sure thing.
I agree. If they strike out on Hurley, which they most certainly will, and strike out on Donovan, which they could, he’s the guy. I could live with it.

What makes you think it’s Donovan?
Just a “gut” feeling Hurley and Donovan are equal top picks. My “gut” is pretty sure Hurley has no interest and my “gut” tells me Donovan is about 60/40 interested. My “gut” tells me Pearl is asking how high do you want me to jump.

Being reported by Jack Pilgrim. That the boosters want Hurley, Mitch wants Drew.
Mitch is buddies with Drew and that’s the wildcard. Geez I hope not. My understanding is Barniebis basically the only one that matters that is big on Drew.

Listening to Billy Donovan, I think he's more than 60/40. I think he's been wanting back in the college game for a few years now and the timing seems to be right. Might have to wait until His NBA season is over, but one portal cycle is a small concession to land a coach of his caliber. When a candidate starts using "coach speak" terms like "I haven't been contacted by anyone from UK yet," (which means his agent/handlers have, but he hasn't directly), then there is a lot of smoke.

Reactions: HowaboutaFresca
Listening to Billy Donovan, I think he's more than 60/40. I think he's been wanting back in the college game for a few years now and the timing seems to be right. Might have to wait until His NBA season is over, but one portal cycle is a small concession to land a coach of his caliber. When a candidate starts using "coach speak" terms like "I haven't been contacted by anyone from UK yet," (which means his agent/handlers have, but he hasn't directly), then there is a lot of smoke.
Remember Brad Stevens talking about Indiana before a Boston game. Good times.. I doubt Donovan wants back in the college game.

Reactions: HowaboutaFresca
Remember Brad Stevens talking about Indiana before a Boston game. Good times.. I doubt Donovan wants back in the college game.
BD has basically done it all in college, and if he comes back he has the portal/NIL mess to deal with. I have not heard him express a love for college bball such that he would put up with that and come back.

I read Hurley would like to go to the NBA. He is also reaching the point where he has more or less done it all in college. He is an elite coach and I'd think NBA offers will start coming in for him and he'll pick an appealing one in the next few years.

Scott Drew seems the most actionable right now. Very interesting to see what he does.

BD has basically done it all in college, and if he comes back he has the portal/NIL mess to deal with. I have not heard him express a love for college bball such that he would put up with that and come back.

I read Hurley would like to go to the NBA. He is also reaching the point where he has more or less done it all in college. He is an elite coach and I'd think NBA offers will start coming in for him and he'll pick an appealing one in the next few years.

Scott Drew seems the most actionable right now. Very interesting to see what he does.
Drew at the first big donor event….in bourbon country. What a bad fit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT