ADVERTISEMENT

UE downs Kentucky at Rupp

tenor.gif

Happy to see it happen. Im not going to over celebrate it as Cal will use it as a good learning experience and they will possibly be a final four team. Ill celebrate when we make a final four and they miss tournaments. We are looking better in the 2nd half

Calling @Wall2Boogie

assuming is he knee deep in SH!T on the old rafters.

UK will be fine. More excited about Evansville Purple Aces scoring first win in school history over NCAA #1 ranked team! Congrats Coach McCarty and team.

Rarely does a team, ANY TEAM, walk into Lexington and beat a #1 ranked Wildcats team. I know I sure as hell would be happy if IU accomplished that feat (even thought Wat shot at home vs #1 UK was special!)

Sure seems like it’s gonna be one heck a NCAA BB season. All teams are fair game at this point.

Reactions: ufo33
Calling @Wall2Boogie

assuming is he knee deep in SH!T on the old rafters.

UK will be fine. More excited about Evansville Purple Aces scoring first win in school history over NCAA #1 ranked team! Congrats Coach McCarty and team.

Rarely does a team, ANY TEAM, walk into Lexington and beat a #1 ranked Wildcats team. I know I sure as hell would be happy if IU accomplished that feat (even thought Wat shot at home vs #1 UK was special!)

Sure seems like it’s gonna be one heck a NCAA BB season. All teams are fair game at this point.
Aces Aces! My son came over to watch the IU game because his roommate was in Lexington. We turned it over to watch the last 8 minutes. Now I have to watch the end of the IU game.

Reactions: ufo33
Will UK be fine? They’re young and they have nothing in the paint. Idk. That team could be an early NCAAs exit.

Aces, Aces is and old chant that wound take the roof off of Roberts Stadium. The truth is they played very well. Penetration finish, penetration kick with one pass ball reversal and a shot, They pushed the ball and yet recognized when to pull it out. The didn't foul on easy baskets which I think is huge against teams that get to the basket often. Let them score but don't compound the problem by giving a 1 and done, which the Aces didn't do. Evansville also played good defense and got several offensive rebounds. Every Coach in the MVC is taking notice tonight. This Evansville team plays good basketball. First time in years. This praise is from a very old Wesleyan fan. Good luck Aces. The smallest school in the country to play D1. "Good night to all good sports".

Aces, Aces is and old chant that wound take the roof off of Roberts Stadium. The truth is they played very well. Penetration finish, penetration kick with one pass ball reversal and a shot, They pushed the ball and yet recognized when to pull it out. The didn't foul on easy baskets which I think is huge against teams that get to the basket often. Let them score but don't compound the problem by giving a 1 and done, which the Aces didn't do. Evansville also played good defense and got several offensive rebounds. Every Coach in the MVC is taking notice tonight. This Evansville team plays good basketball. First time in years. This praise is from a very old Wesleyan fan. Good luck Aces. The smallest school in the country to play D1. "Good night to all good sports".

Good night to all good sports, along with a Blatz beer.

Maybe that means USI will be in the DII Final 4 again this year. UE needed OT to beat USI in their exhibition this year

“Kentucky, ranked No. 2 to begin the season, will pay Evansville a fixed sum of $90,000 for the Nov. 12 game inside Rupp Arena starting at 6 p.m. CST on SEC Network.”

Maybe UK should have used that $90,000.00 to purchase better players!!!!

www.courierpress.com/story/sports/college/evansville/2019/11/01/how-much-ue-basketball-paid-usi-and-how-much-kentucky-pay-ue/2497755001/
Haha. Old joke- why do Kentucky players not turn pro?
Can’t afford the pay cut.
Sorry, just teasing.

Reactions: HereYouGoIU
I lived in Eville for a while. Got tired of snow and moved south.
I believe they had two ex Iu players as coaches. Jim Crews and Marty Simmons. Or was Simmons just a player?

My dad is retired music professor at U of E. I went to IU but grew up with the aces. What a great win. Uk fans will catch a lot of shit in EVV. Love it.

You are close, Wofford has only 1600+ students, and Davidson has 1800+. U of E has 2400+.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
Got tired of the snow? WOW, what does the Pocket City get on an annual basis? Maybe 10 inches... maybe.

Maybe, but even then rarely lingers more than a day or two. My first winter in Bloomington after four years in AK, walking north along the broad sidewalk above Dunn Woods as the first North Wind of Winter is rolling in - crisp, clean and delicious. Starting to flurry as I'm walking with my head back, chest out and arms out to the side just drinking it in, and this frat boy comes steaming by all hunched over and cowering behind an umbrella. Still makes me smile.

Is 'wi' Wisconsin? And Pocket City? Never heard that one...

Reactions: HereYouGoIU
Yeh, Evansville has it's moments with snow but seems to be certainly below the snow belt. Now ice and slush is what I remember from my days growing up there. Glad I moved to Texas. Everytime we have a heat wave of several weeks of 100+ degree days, I think of February in Evansville.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
Yeh, Evansville has it's moments with snow but seems to be certainly below the snow belt. Now ice and slush is what I remember from my days growing up there. Glad I moved to Texas. Everytime we have a heat wave of several weeks of 100+ degree days, I think of February in Evansville.

Attended Evansville Bosse back in the late 60's. It is a big deal that Evansville would beat Kentucky. Congrats to the U of E team, coaches, fans, etc. A tip of the IU hat.

Just goes to show you that David can beat Goliath.

And the weather in Evansville isn't perfect. It isn't perfect anywhere. Except maybe in San Diego.

How long will this game keep the UK trolls away? I think we can use it all year as long as we don't have a similar upset,

Wearing my UE sweatshirt today!!

Maybe, but even then rarely lingers more than a day or two. My first winter in Bloomington after four years in AK, walking north along the broad sidewalk above Dunn Woods as the first North Wind of Winter is rolling in - crisp, clean and delicious. Starting to flurry as I'm walking with my head back, chest out and arms out to the side just drinking it in, and this frat boy comes steaming by all hunched over and cowering behind an umbrella. Still makes me smile.

Is 'wi' Wisconsin? And Pocket City? Never heard that one...

Yes, I am unfortunately Madison,WI via Indianapolis via Terrible Haute via Evansville.

Evansville has longed been called the Pocket City due to it's location along the river. You can also call it E'ville, Stoplight City, Crescent City or River City

Dont know the answer about snowfall but too cold for my tastes. Good friend lives a few miles from Canada. To each their own.

I hear you... guess I have been in Wisconsin too long now. I long for the days of moving back "south" to Evansville to get away from the cold and snow : )

Yes, I am unfortunately Madison,WI via Indianapolis via Terrible Haute via Evansville.

Evansville has longed been called the Pocket City due to it's location along the river. You can also call it E'ville, Stoplight City, Crescent City or River City

Bob Knight called its citizens “you people in the Evansville area” and that was good times. Lol.

My kids call it Heavensville.

Born in Madison. Have lived in Eville for three decades cumulatively and have never once heard it referred to as Pocket City. Never.

Reactions: evvcabinetman
Born in Madison. Have lived in Eville for three decades cumulatively and have never once heard it referred to as Pocket City. Never.

Not sure what to tell you... I didn't make it up.

Also, the HS athletic conference that a few of the smaller teams in the area play in is also called the Pocket Athletic Conference. Gibson So., Heritage Hills, Tecumseh, Southridge and some others.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmygoiu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT