ADVERTISEMENT

Lexington may burn tonight

About the only thing that can make us Hoosier fans happy right now is a couple of teams losing. Well, one did tonight. Seems to help a little bit. Still not a replacement for Hoosier success, but yeah, feeling a little better.
The good news is Kentucky just lost. The bad news is, Purdue’s road to the FF just got a little easier than what it already was.

Reactions: CriticArisen
Kentucky got beat by a talented and motivated squad tonight. Kentucky played a great game as well. They got beat by a better team with a good game plan.
Kentucky had too many horrible turnovers and stupid fouls. Oakland missed some big free throws to let them hang around. I do credit Kentucky with hitting some huge threes late. You are being very generous in saying they played a great game.

Cal might not survive this. The tournament results are just not there and haven’t been for a long time.

In a dream scenario, they let go of Cal and he goes and does some media work.

Then we scoop him up when we let go of Woody after next year’s disaster.
If you hire Calipari you will be getting the worst coach in the game. I hope you're ready for a coach who puts getting kids ready for the NBA, and keeping recruiting promises over winning basketball games. Would set the IU program even further back.

Reactions: bIhawk and edub72
Sheppard should have been wearing an Oakland uniform. Cal is lucky the 2012 team had so much talent they could carry him to the title. Time for Cal to go away for good. His unprepared team was in panic mode from the opening tip.
Be careful what you wish for

Cal might not survive this. The tournament results are just not there and haven’t been for a long time.

In a dream scenario, they let go of Cal and he goes and does some media work.

Then we scoop him up when we let go of Woody after next year’s disaster.

You HAVE TO BE F****** kidding me.

Good troll though!

2012 becomes 1987 real fast.

That ain't no lie. IU was in the title game as recently as 2002 and had a few teams during the Crean years that teased us into thinking the program is just a step away from getting back to prominence. Then before you know it several seasons and a few coaches later, the program has regressed so much you can't even see it getting back to the point where we can delude ourselves again.

And on the subject of delusional, I was reading a few threads at Rupp's Rafters, looking for a bit of catharsis more than anything, and there is a contingent of folks over there that think they should sh*tcan Calipari and back up the Brinks truck for Dan Hurley. Some asked why would Hurley leave UCONN for UK and the responses of "why not, UK is still a destination job" seemed really familiar...like where we as IU fans have been these past several coaching searches.

It's UK so of course I hope for the worst possible outcome heh, but if I GAFF about 'em I might caution them to be careful what they wish for.

Last edited:
Not sure IU fans should make light of KY’s early departure from the tourney,they did at least make the tourney
It seems the highlights of our seasons lately is when PU and KY lose.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT