ADVERTISEMENT

U.S. Gen. Mark Milley Likens China’s Hypersonic Weapon Test to ‘Sputnik Moment’

Bill4411

All-American
Jun 24, 2001
Everybody should be worried about this development as it transcends party lines.

Lol, we’re worried about a supersonic weapon that would launch the end of the world while we collectively give China a fvcking pass for its negligence and coverup that has already resulted in millions of deaths and caused a major shift in modern society.

this is nothing but a distraction from the culprit of COVID

Lol, we’re worried about a supersonic weapon that would launch the end of the world while we collectively give China a fvcking pass for its negligence and coverup that has already resulted in millions of deaths and caused a major shift in modern society.

I have to agree, I am admittedly am pretty ignorant to China's missile defense capabilities, but I have to think we would take a pretty large chunk out of them as well.

I think we are purposefully overblowing this missile. One report I've read is that it is likely a space capsule and war weapon rolled into one. Given a report I posted last week that the Shuttle would have technically fit the hypersonic missile definition, I'm not so sure it is a problem. Yes, it renders our anti-missile system useless. But going from virtually useless to useless isn't that big of a step.

Reactions: Bill4411

but i thought covid wasn't deadly and dems were making too big of a deal about it?

China wasn't the only one that covered it up or downplayed the pandemic. Gone by easter eh

but i thought covid wasn't deadly and dems were making too big of a deal about it?

China wasn't the only one that covered it up or downplayed the pandemic. Gone by easter eh
Yep, Fauci lied about many aspects of Covid…

Reactions: DANC

A threat to fly over the island of Taiwan with military aircraft. They should be shot down if they do. If they do this, it means war was inevitable. Better to fight when they are occupying the Rhine as opposed to at a later date when they are more ready.

We are heading towards a Cold War with China. Time to start treating them as an enemy. Which means pulling back on what type of business corporations can do with them.

They should be shot down if they do.

you-serious-clark-cousin-eddie.gif

Oh, whew. I thought you meant the US should shoot them down or something. Yes, Taiwan can do whatever they damn well please.

***checks treaty agreements with Taiwan***

Whew again, we have no direct responsibility for defending Taiwan. For a minute there I thought we were talking about war.

Oh, whew. I thought you meant the US should shoot them down or something. Yes, Taiwan can do whatever they damn well please.

***checks treaty agreements with Taiwan***

Whew again, we have no direct responsibility for defending Taiwan. For a minute there I thought we were talking about war.
We potentially are talking about war. Taiwan shoots them down and China escalates or invades, we will have a choice to make. Japan, South Korea, The Phillipines, Vietnam, Australia, et. al. will be watching.

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
We potentially are talking about war. Taiwan shoots them down and China escalates or invades, we will have a choice to make. Japan, South Korea, The Phillipines, Vietnam, Australia, et. al. will be watching.
So like Kuwait. That's all worked out really well.

That was in jest to an extent.

But war with China is not going to happen. It's a death sentence for either of us.

5s0tlu.jpg

Last edited:
So like Kuwait. That's all worked out really well.

That was in jest to an extent.

But war with China is not going to happen. It's a death sentence for either of us.
I know it was in jest, but no, not like Kuwait. More like what would have happened if the Soviet Union had invaded Finland in the 1950's. U.S. policy was to support Finnish nonalignment while maintaining and reinforcing Finland's historic, cultural, and economic ties with the West. They were not a member of NATO and we had no treaty with them for defense, but an invasion of Finland would have gotten the attention of several of our actual allies in the region.

I hope your last sentiment is correct. There are things the Chinese have been doing that leads me to believe that they are calculating that they could survive or win a war against the U.S. That makes their saber rattling extremely dangerous. Mistakes can quickly lead to an exchange of nuclear weapons in a situation as this. We don't have arms control treaties with them like we did the Russians. They have a vastly larger population and have shown a willingness in the past to sacrifice them for the "greater good".

Everything about China is a danger at the moment.

Reactions: 76-1
I know it was in jest, but no, not like Kuwait. More like what would have happened if the Soviet Union had invaded Finland in the 1950's. U.S. policy was to support Finnish nonalignment while maintaining and reinforcing Finland's historic, cultural, and economic ties with the West. They were not a member of NATO and we had no treaty with them for defense, but an invasion of Finland would have gotten the attention of several of our actual allies in the region.

I hope your last sentiment is correct. There are things the Chinese have been doing that leads me to believe that they are calculating that they could survive or win a war against the U.S. That makes their saber rattling extremely dangerous. Mistakes can quickly lead to an exchange of nuclear weapons in a situation as this. We don't have arms control treaties with them like we did the Russians. They have a vastly larger population and have shown a willingness in the past to sacrifice them for the "greater good".

Everything about China is a danger at the moment.
I do think diplomacy will prevail. Might not work out really well for Taiwan. Our economic power is still greater than theirs (for now) and we could hurt them in that way. I don't think we will b/c we don't want to go through any pain. So we'll just yell at each other and make grand statements that are nothing more than that.

Might be some downstream issues with b/s tariffs or quotas for some short time period but we make too much money off of each other to have a shooting war or even an old fashioned proxy war.

A threat to fly over the island of Taiwan with military aircraft. They should be shot down if they do. If they do this, it means war was inevitable. Better to fight when they are occupying the Rhine as opposed to at a later date when they are more ready.

We are heading towards a Cold War with China. Time to start treating them as an enemy. Which means pulling back on what type of business corporations can do with them.

Heading towards?

I do think diplomacy will prevail. Might not work out really well for Taiwan. Our economic power is still greater than theirs (for now) and we could hurt them in that way. I don't think we will b/c we don't want to go through any pain. So we'll just yell at each other and make grand statements that are nothing more than that.

Might be some downstream issues with b/s tariffs or quotas for some short time period but we make too much money off of each other to have a shooting war or even an old fashioned proxy war.
If I were King, I'd give the Taiwanese one of the Dakotas or Maine, move them all here and make them citizens or let them have their own nation here in North America, and allow the Chinese to take over the crappy little island.

If I were King, I'd give the Taiwanese one of the Dakotas or Maine, move them all here and make them citizens or let them have their own nation here in North America, and allow the Chinese to take over the crappy little island.
Do the Philippines next, or Japan!

If I were King, I'd give the Taiwanese one of the Dakotas or Maine, move them all here and make them citizens or let them have their own nation here in North America, and allow the Chinese to take over the crappy little island

and if they didn't want to leave?

Maybe they should trade Formosa for Greenland?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT