ADVERTISEMENT

Trump/Vance 2024

Couldn't find a better spot for this and it's too funny to pass up. Derek Guy roasts Vivek Ramaswamy for his clownishly large shoes, and then someone else piles on with a classic.

So, this is weird. I saw this tweet, I tried it, and it’s true. If you search the name “Donald Trump”, Google will change the results to “news about Harris, Trump” and then proceed to show you articles critical of Trump.

If you search the name “Kamala Harris”, it will give you results for Kamala Harris.

What is up with that?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
So, this is weird. I saw this tweet, I tried it, and it’s true. If you search the name “Donald Trump”, Google will change the results to “news about Harris, Trump” and then proceed to show you articles critical of Trump.

If you search the name “Kamala Harris”, it will give you results for Kamala Harris.

What is up with that?

One drip at a time, that is all that has to be allowed to happen.
These drip are why us "crazies" are all up in arms.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978

What is up with that?

That’s fckd up. What’s the explanation tech nerds @Marvin the Martian I typed in Donald trump and it did just as reported

You fools. It's simply how the Google algorithms work. It will present trending searches at the top that match some of what you search for. Search for Donald Trump Google, and you get "News about Elon Musk • Google" at the top. Search for Crowdstrike, and "News about CrowdStrike cyber outage • Delta" appears at the top. Search for Olympics, and you get "Gabriel Medina surfs in Tahiti" near the top. Search for Indiana University, and you get "News about protests • IU" at the top. Search for Trump, and "News about Secret Service • Donald Trump" is at the top.

There is nothing nefarious or untoward here. Zilch. Hell, the stories under the "News about Harris • Donald Trump" header change throughout the day based on what articles are getting the most traffic and/or are the most recent news articles related to the election, and they are not all negative towards Trump. Would you all be happy of they changed the heading to "News about Donald Trump • Harris"?

And, do you seriously think that someone searching for "Donald Trump" is going to be swayed by any of this?

You fools. It's simply how the Google algorithms work. It will present trending searches at the top that match some of what you search for. Search for Donald Trump Google, and you get "News about Elon Musk • Google" at the top. Search for Crowdstrike, and "News about CrowdStrike cyber outage • Delta" appears at the top. Search for Olympics, and you get "Gabriel Medina surfs in Tahiti" near the top. Search for Indiana University, and you get "News about protests • IU" at the top. Search for Trump, and "News about Secret Service • Donald Trump" is at the top.

There is nothing nefarious or untoward here. Zilch. Hell, the stories under the "News about Harris • Donald Trump" header change throughout the day based on what articles are getting the most traffic and/or are the most recent news articles related to the election, and they are not all negative towards Trump. Would you all be happy of they changed the heading to "News about Donald Trump • Harris"?

And, do you seriously think that someone searching for "Donald Trump" is going to be swayed by any of this?
I don’t. I get what it said in the tweet. News about Harris. And you might be spot on. I don’t know this stuff

Maybe you’re right. But if you search “Kamala Harris”, you don’t get “news for Trump, Kamala Harris” as the result. You get results for “Kamala Harris.” I tried that repeatedly.

Seems like if it’s the algorithm linking the two together based on the situation, it should work both ways.

Maybe you’re right. But if you search “Kamala Harris”, you don’t get “news for Trump, Kamala Harris” as the result. You get results for “Kamala Harris.” I tried that repeatedly.

Seems like if it’s the algorithm linking the two together based on the situation, it should work both ways.
It will work both ways. Just not at the moment. Check next week and it will likely all be different.

ROFL Right now if you Google Donald Trump (Google news), the first heading is:

"News about Fred C. Trump"

It will work both ways. Just not at the moment. Check next week and it will likely all be different.
Why would it be different though? Why would the algorithm change for one but not the other?

Seems like as soon as Harris became the nominee, the algorithm would link them both together in search results automatically. Not just one of them.

Thats weird.

I'm not predicting Vance will be replaced but, at the same time, I don't believe this ticket is set in stone. Pub leadership is: 1) very worried about Vance being a liability for Trump; and 2) very worried about Florida. After Trump opened a 13-point lead over Biden in Florida in an April '24 Emerson College poll, Biden closed the gap to 6-7 points, keeping things that close even after his late June debate debacle. In two polls conducted a couple of days before Biden withdrew from the race, Trump had six and seven point leads over Biden in Florida.

In a University of North Florida poll released three days ago, Trump had a 7-point lead over Harris. No problem then, right? Wrong. Republicans remain worried about FL, particularly with the Amendment 4/Right to Abortion initiative on the ballot in November (that will drive turnout, particularly among Dem and Independent women) and recognize that Trump has no clear path to the White House without Florida. If Vance is replaced, look for Rubio as the #2. He would help Trump keep Florida in the win column. It's true that, if both the presidential and vice presidential picks on the same ticket are residents of the same state on December 17, 2024, they cannot be awarded that state's electoral college votes. One of the two would have to establish residency, prior to 12/17/24, somewhere else. Rubio could establish residency in Nevada (he has ties there, I believe, and would arguably help carry that important state), probably without having to uproot his family although I'm not certain about that. I don't believe a new residence would require him to relinquish his Florida Senate seat, as the Constitution requires residency (for a Senate candidate) in the state where he/she is seeking office at the time of the election. There's no requirement to maintain residency in that state.

There's precedent for a change in the VP slot after the convention and prior to the election. In 1972, George McGovern replaced his VP pick, Thomas Eagleton, with Sergeant Shriver after it was revealed that Eagleton had undergone electro-shock treatment for a mental health condition. It's getting late, though. (Eagleton stepped down on August 1 of '72). If the Pubs are going to move on this, they have to do it soon.

I'm not predicting Vance will be replaced but, at the same time, I don't believe this ticket is set in stone. Pub leadership is: 1) very worried about Vance being a liability for Trump; and 2) very worried about Florida. After Trump opened a 13-point lead over Biden in Florida in an April '24 Emerson College poll, Biden closed the gap to 6-7 points, keeping things that close even after his late June debate debacle. In two polls conducted a couple of days before Biden withdrew from the race, Trump had six and seven point leads over Biden in Florida.

In a University of North Florida poll released three days ago, Trump had a 7-point lead over Harris. No problem then, right? Wrong. Republicans remain worried about FL, particularly with the Amendment 4/Right to Abortion initiative on the ballot in November (that will drive turnout, particularly among Dem and Independent women) and recognize that Trump has no clear path to the White House without Florida. If Vance is replaced, look for Rubio as the #2. He would help Trump keep Florida in the win column. It's true that, if both the presidential and vice presidential picks on the same ticket are residents of the same state on December 17, 2024, they cannot be awarded that state's electoral college votes. One of the two would have to establish residency, prior to 12/17/24, somewhere else. Rubio could establish residency in Nevada (he has ties there, I believe, and would arguably help carry that important state), probably without having to uproot his family although I'm not certain about that. I don't believe a new residence would require him to relinquish his Florida Senate seat, as the Constitution requires residency (for a Senate candidate) in the state where he/she is seeking office at the time of the election. There's no requirement to maintain residency in that state.

There's precedent for a change in the VP slot after the convention and prior to the election. In 1972, George McGovern replaced his VP pick, Thomas Eagleton, with Sergeant Shriver after it was revealed that Eagleton had undergone electro-shock treatment for a mental health condition. It's getting late, though. (Eagleton stepped down on August 1 of '72). If the Pubs are going to move on this, they have to do it soon.
It wouldn’t surprise me if Trump switched out Vance.

🤣🤣. Very interesting post. Eagleton had depression and had a hell of a run with booze etc. after a cardinals’ game he was all pissed off bc his limo driver wasn’t ready or some shit so he just jumped in the driver seat himself all hopped up. The driver was hanging off the limo and ended up getting hurt and sued him. I got onto the elevator with him once. It was just us. I turned and said hey Mr Eagleton. He looked my way and goes hey kid. The elevator floor was about 3 inches below the ground. I go hey look at that. Eagleton goes “this f*ucking dump” and spit in the corner of the elevator. I couldn’t believe it

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens
🤣🤣. Very interesting post. Eagleton had depression and had a hell of a run with booze etc. after a cardinals’ game he was all pissed off bc his limo driver wasn’t ready or some shit so he just jumped in the driver seat himself all hopped up. The driver was hanging off the limo and ended up getting hurt and sued him. I got onto the elevator with him once. It was just us. I turned and said hey Mr Eagleton. He looked my way and goes hey kid. The elevator floor was about 3 inches below the ground. I go hey look at that. Eagleton goes “this f*ucking dump” and spit in the corner of the elevator. I couldn’t believe it
Good God. How old are you?

What building were you in?

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
You remember what Kamala said about Joe? And that was right before she was picked not 8 years earlier.
Did she call him Hitler? Didn’t think so. Well it fits though. His ex said he kept a copy of Mein Kampf on his beside table. Who knew he could read.

Conspiracies everywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT