ADVERTISEMENT

Trump indicted….again

Since there’s so much to agree about here, this seemed a perfect place to quibble with your formulation that “Trump has always had a seriously distorted and omnipotent view of the American Presidency.” While that may be so, I think the more fundamental diagnosis is that he’s a sociopath who has a seriously distorted and omnipotent view of himself, and the ensuing cognitive dissonance put the zap on his head years ago.

Goat put the indictment up long ago, and that has had no apparent affect on the discussion, except perhaps to the extent that the mouth breathing morons have been quieter. But I’d encourage everyone to read it. Don’t just read about it. Read it. It’s well written and easy to read.

And it’s damning for Trump. He absolutely knew he couldn’t take the documents he very purposefully took, he absolutely knew he couldn’t keep the secret documents he kept, and he knew he couldn’t show them to the people he showed them to. Then he lied and concealed and covered up. Not only is this obstruction, but it also highlights his guilty knowledge of the underlying crimes.

Best of all, much of the case is proved out of Trump’s own big fat mouth, with breathtakingly stupid quotes. He’s a dangerous corrupt sociopath who shouldn’t be allowed in the White House on a visitor’s pass, but he’s also a moron, and he can’t shut up to save his own life. Worst client ever.

Probably while his lawyers quit today.

Reactions: Rockfish1
Probably while his lawyers quit today.
Honestly I don’t know.

I’m astounded that Trump can find any competent lawyers, because his practice is to (1) ignore their advice; (2) do ludicrous things that obviously eff up his case and their reputation; (3) fire his lawyers; (4) refuse to pay them for their work; and (5) throw them under the bus and make them hire their own lawyers.

I have no idea what’s going on inside Team Trump, but he’s obviously nuts.

Best to you.

Honestly I don’t know.

I’m astounded that Trump can find any competent lawyers, because his practice is to (1) ignore their advice; (2) do ludicrous things that obviously eff up his case and their reputation; (3) fire his lawyers; (4) refuse to pay them for their work; and (5) throw them under the bus and make them hire their own lawyers.

I have no idea what’s going on inside Team Trump, but he’s obviously nuts.

Best to you.

Only the best....

6000.jpg

Yup the guy is toast. A stage? A shitty stage in Mar A Lago? What a f*cking moron.

Hillary was obviously just as abusive and cavalier. Age old wisdom would say she deserves the same punishment. But we live in a different age.

Outsiders get taken down, insiders we usher out.

It isn't just those, it includes things like asking the lawyer if just saying they didn't have the documents was an option. He said a lot of problematic things.
Is that similar to testifying infront of congress. "I don't know where the laptop is"

Which, the witness may not know EXACTLY, but that wasn't the question asked.

Reactions: DANC
Yup the guy is toast. A stage? A shitty stage in Mar A Lago? What a f*cking moron.

Hillary was obviously just as abusive and cavalier. Age old wisdom would say she deserves the same punishment. But we live in a different age.

Outsiders get taken down, insiders we usher out.

Your tone seems to have changed from last night. Did you expect a NYC prosecutor popcorn fart from a federal prosecutor?

Feds have a 99+% conviction rate for a reason.

Reactions: outside shooter
This is a West Wing type drama playing out in front of us. Except it’s not, it’s Veep It’s White trash stupidity. It’s trailer park Veep.

The two guys running for president may both be under indictment.

They’re both glad handing, self-obsessed, corrupt, morons.

It might be time to jump ship on this country.

This is a West Wing type drama playing out in front of us. Except it’s not, it’s Veep It’s White trash stupidity. It’s trailer park Veep.

The two guys running for president may both be under indictment.

They’re both glad handing, self-obsessed, corrupt, morons.

It might be time to jump ship on this country.

There's an easy escape hatch. The GOP nominates someone else from a new generation and coasts to victory. Or we just keep circling the drains with the same bullshit we've been dealt since 2016

In the end, what brought the man down was his ego. His White Trash f*cking ego that needed to take the documents as trinkets to show off to his “friends”.

He’s so pathetic he felt he needed to show people proof that he knew secret stuff.
Wrong, it was because he didn't keep them for 50 yrs, next to a piss green corvette that WE paid for... or maybe Ukraine paid for, or China, or Russia, or ...... If ya wanna play, ya gotta pay the big guy.

Reactions: DANC
I was pretty young when it happened, but I don't recall a huge uproar over the pardon. But I think that was, at least in part, because Nixon wasn't going around proclaiming his innocence, claiming he was the victim of a witch hunt, etc. Am I remembering things wrong regarding a public uproar?
I was 11. Ford was not popular but was even less popular after the pardon, and that paved the way for Carter, who was horrible. The economy wasn't good, OPEC was bossing us around, so maybe Ford was doomed either way.

I was 11. Ford was not popular but was even less popular after the pardon, and that paved the way for Carter, who was horrible. The economy wasn't good, OPEC was bossing us around, so maybe Ford was doomed either way.

Ford narrowly missed being assassinated twice. And only lost to Carter by 2 points.

The economy was also shit, as you said

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Wrong, it was because he didn't keep them for 50 yrs, next to a piss green corvette that WE paid for... or maybe Ukraine paid for, or China, or Russia, or ...... If ya wanna play, ya gotta pay the big guy.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life....

Reactions: Indyhorn
Trump entered uncharted territory, over and over again.

He proved incompetent to fix healthcare as he promised and even alienated Fox News.
The man who wondered aloud if drinking bleach would cure covid.... Maybe that was the foundation of the new healthcare plan and I just didn't get any traction.

Anyone who's clinging to the notion that this prosecution reflects the "weaponization of the federal government," a "two-tiered" justice system, or the continuation of a "witch hunt" against the former president should read the indictment in its entirety. Spoiler alert: It's stunning, breathtaking and damning.

The feds have obtained convictions in dozens of classified document cases involving conduct much less serious than Trump's. Here's what Trump's former AG, Bill Barr, said earlier this week: "This says more about Trump than it does the Department of Justice. He’s so egotistical that he has this penchant for conducting risky, reckless acts to show that he can sort of get away with it.” He added, “There’s no excuse for what he did here.”

Trump can never be allowed anywhere near the Oval Office again. He's already demonstrated utter contempt for our elections process, the courts, law enforcement and, in fact, the rule of law. Add "national security" to the list.

Anyone who's clinging to the notion that this prosecution reflects the "weaponization of the federal government," a "two-tiered" justice system, or the continuation of a "witch hunt" against the former president should read the indictment in its entirety. Spoiler alert: It's stunning, breathtaking and damning.

The feds have obtained convictions in dozens of classified document cases involving conduct much less serious than Trump's. Here's what Trump's former AG, Bill Barr, said earlier this week: "This says more about Trump than it does the Department of Justice. He’s so egotistical that he has this penchant for conducting risky, reckless acts to show that he can sort of get away with it.” He added, “There’s no excuse for what he did here.”

Trump can never be allowed anywhere near the Oval Office again. He's already demonstrated utter contempt for our elections process, the courts, law enforcement and, in fact, the rule of law. Add "national security" to the list.

Agree it's damming 100%

I think the other side is saying the Justice department COULD have had just as damming a report against Hillary......and did not.

The left refuses to see that side of the argument, explaining away the bleachbit, smashed cell phones, deleted emails and documentation of national security items that Comey said was there.

So YES, we do have a two tiered justice system....no question.

But as far as your conclusion that Trump should not get anywhere near the WH.....100% agree. But not because of this indictment.

Last edited:
Trump's lawyers are quitting.
2 lawyers quit or were fired - the ones that talked to CNN and testified to the DoJ.

If they're not going to respect attorney-client privilege, they should be gone.

lol Trump appointed her and she got many of her rulings overturned last time Trump had her as a judge when she tried to rule in his favor.

Might want to use google before thinking you made a point ;).
I'm not saying anything about her. But you and Mark seem to think it's a good thing she's the judge.

So, even you two think she's biased.

I doubt that Trump ever spends a day in jail but Walt Nauta is toast. He should have talked to Michael Cohen before he started lying for Trump.
The only reason they indicted him was to offer him a deal if he testifies against Trump.

Someone on CNN last night said that he thought the difference between going easy and going hard was whether or not US national security was actually harmed. This was before the indictment was released, obviously. But that section on how the boxes were treated while they were at MAL, I think that's why they went hard. The level of blase incompetence shown by Trump's team in handling these documents is so far beyond anything we could have imagined. Makes Hillary's email server look like child's play.
Using bleach bit to clean your server is child's play?

Any thoughts on the incompetence of Biden's team in z classified documents?

I realize you're hopelessly biased, but the level of hypocrisy here is breathtaking.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
I wonder if this ends up like the General Petraeus case? Petraeus shared classified information with his girlfriend/biographer while he was the director of the CIA. He was sentenced to two years probation and a $100k fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT