ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Economy

While I agree with you in principle, my point was how Trump bragged about the rising stock prices almost on a daily basis. If he was responsible for the rising stock prices, he is also responsible for the falling prices as well. Yet, he has not said a word on that. :(

He has not said a word? You clearly do not understand how the stock market works.
Each and every point it goes up is solely, 100%, because of the Dumpster.
The Dumpster, however, has nothing, 0%, to do with any single point it declines.
It’s really as simple as that.

Happy Holidays , Merica! Employees without a check for the holidays and stock market crashing . Are we winning yet?

Reactions: UncleMark
Lol that guys obsession is sad
Trump's obsession with keeping his investments and income secret, plus not putting his investments in a blind trust, is sad. That's what you meant to say, I think.

Think about it: what other trader with Trump's influence over the market can avoid investigation by the SEC for making so many comments that affect his investments?

The real Jamie Dimon sees right through Trump.

Reactions: Bill4411
I envision a broken Trump finally tweeting angrily at the stock market, blaming it for crashing and ruining his presidency.

Reactions: Bill4411
Do you know any politician that would take the blame?:( All of them come in and anything bad that happens is the previous president's fault and anything good that happens is because of what they did.:(
Every politician does it to some degree.
However, Trump does it to the extreme!
Yes, there are differences, big differences.:(

Well I never have believed that any president has much influence on the market. They might make short turn bumps (up or down) but in the long run the market is gonna do what it's gonna do.
Considering that the stock market is based largely on confidence, that money is an idea backed by confidence, and that Trump accepts no advice from any expert in any field, I'd say that when Trump instigated his trade wars against broad expert opinion, he lowered world confidence significantly and thus affected the stock market far more than past presidents have.

So much for arbitrary beliefs and false equivalences.

Do you know any politician that would take the blame?:( All of them come in and anything bad that happens is the previous president's fault and anything good that happens is because of what they did.:(
Right. Because Trump is just like every other politician, these times are like all others, and no distinctions can be drawn. Everything and everyone is all the same.

Reactions: DrHoops
Right. Because Trump is just like every other politician, these times are like all others, and no distinctions can be drawn. Everything and everyone is all the same.
At least some are working, albeit slowly, their way along the various stages of grief -- past the denial stage and are on to the 'bargaining' stage. I don't seem to hear many of them going through the 'anger' phase.

Nevertheless, it's progress.

Nope there's never been such an a$$hole as president like Trump is. When in comes to being an arrogant a$$hole then he's in a class all by himself. However, that doesn't mean that he doesn't have some of the same qualities as all other politicians.

Nope there's never been such an a$$hole as president like Trump is. When in comes to being an arrogant a$$hole then he's in a class all by himself. However, that doesn't mean that he doesn't have some of the same qualities as all other politicians.
Trump's presidency is unprecedented in American history. Never before have Americans nominated -- let alone elected -- such an obviously unfit cartoon character. Since he's in a class by himself, it's irrelevant that non-sociopathic versions of Trump's egregious disqualifiers appear in other politicians. I don't understand what point you think you're making here.

Trump's presidency is unprecedented in American history. Never before have Americans nominated -- let alone elected -- such an obviously unfit cartoon character. Since he's in a class by himself, it's irrelevant that non-sociopathic versions of Trump's egregious disqualifiers appear in other politicians. I don't understand what point you think you're making here.
Republicans' views of Trump are like an alcoholic in denial. Since he's not sleeping under a bridge, it's not that bad. Besides, Bill and Hillary have had a few too many before too.

Our country's problem is not that our sitting president is an arrogant asshole. You do realize that, don't you? Actually, better to hear it from the horse's mouth. What exactly do you think is the worst damage Trump is doing to our country, if any damage?

At least some are working, albeit slowly, their way along the various stages of grief -- past the denial stage and are on to the 'bargaining' stage. I don't seem to hear many of them going through the 'anger' phase.

Nevertheless, it's progress.

We ended up with Trump because the idiots who voted for him perpetually live in the anger phase.

Reactions: sglowrider
It's a clear tell of delusion that Republicans dismiss criticism of Trump as "lib" partisanship or shrug off Trump as just being an a**.

It's abundantly clear that Trump is wildly ignorant, profoundly corrupt, wholly unprincipled, reckless, unconcerned with the health of our foundational institutions, and aggressively a self-preservationist at all costs. Those realities pose a great threat.

Republicans generally overlook and deny those realities with an off-handed nod to Trump's a##holery. We could spend decades studying that pathology, but that's where we are. That there's a gap between VPM or herrli and the 'mainstream' Republicans here doesn't make that gap a material one.

Disclaimer for the umpteen billionth time (which underscores the point): this has NOTHING to do with one's preferred size of government, the appropriate levels for taxation, one's stance on business prerogatives, etc. The tremendous risks surrounding Trump are not inherent to any particular political ideology. It just so happens that the Republican misinformation campaign has locked the pathology into one party.

It's a clear tell of delusion that Republicans dismiss criticism of Trump as "lib" partisanship or shrug off Trump as just being an a**.

It's abundantly clear that Trump is wildly ignorant, profoundly corrupt, wholly unprincipled, reckless, unconcerned with the health of our foundational institutions, and aggressively a self-preservationist at all costs. Those realities pose a great threat.

Republicans generally overlook and deny those realities with an off-handed nod to Trump's a##holery. We could spend decades studying that pathology, but that's where we are. That there's a gap between VPM or herrli and the 'mainstream' Republicans here doesn't make that gap a material one.

Disclaimer for the umpteen billionth time (which underscores the point): this has NOTHING to do with one's preferred size of government, the appropriate levels for taxation, one's stance on business prerogatives, etc. The tremendous risks surrounding Trump are not inherent to any particular political ideology. It just so happens that the Republican misinformation campaign has locked the pathology into one party.
The Party of 1%ers exists to serve the 1%ers. In the sixties, the 1%ers succeeded in winning over vast portions of the white South. Trump is a 1%er who managed to do the same with whites elsewhere throughout the US, especially the Midwest and rural America. The Party of 1%ers is not concerned in the least with pathological outcomes you're describing. They're delighted you're focused on that.

The "Deep State" is also there (if at all) to preserve the 1%ers and the irony, once again, is that the Party of 1%ers have gulled their non-1%er supporters into believing that Democrats are creating the Deep State.

The problem for Democrats is not the gullibility (stupidity) of those gulled, the problem is how to communicate to them, how to "ungull" them.

Reactions: Digressions
My old buddy Charlie said to think long term in respect to his investment portfolio. I asked Charlie what was long term...he replied, "Thirty years".

Thought this was remarkably optimistic coming from someone who is 96 years old.

Republicans' views of Trump are like an alcoholic in denial. Since he's not sleeping under a bridge, it's not that bad. Besides, Bill and Hillary have had a few too many before too.
On one side of the scale is a 10-ton weight. On the other is a feather. Republicans claim the scale balances because there’s something on both sides.

The Party of 1%ers exists to serve the 1%ers. In the sixties, the 1%ers succeeded in winning over vast portions of the white South. Trump is a 1%er who managed to do the same with whites elsewhere throughout the US, especially the Midwest and rural America. The Party of 1%ers is not concerned in the least with pathological outcomes you're describing. They're delighted you're focused on that.

The "Deep State" is also there (if at all) to preserve the 1%ers and the irony, once again, is that the Party of 1%ers have gulled their non-1%er supporters into believing that Democrats are creating the Deep State.

The problem for Democrats is not the gullibility (stupidity) of those gulled, the problem is how to communicate to them, how to "ungull" them.
How would you suggest Democrats ungull the gulled?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT