ADVERTISEMENT

Trump: A "necessary ordeal"?

The UN Council on Human Rights is a specific example of a largely useless international effort which has run amok. The Paris accords is another example of a vague and ineffectual effort that is there for its own sake. Making large and mostly vague multi-lateral deals with many diverse interests is not necessarily better than a series of bi-lateral or tri-lateral arrangements with stronger and clearer mutual interests.

The USMCA is an improvement in many ways over NAFTA, including leveling the playing field for manufacturing and stiffening intellectual property rules. I don't share your view that TPP would be an effective counterweight to China. China quickly and easily figured out how to take advantage of NAFTA; a situation which the USMCA also addresses. Would the TPP be different from NAFTA in that respect?

We're not doing bilateral deals. That's the point. NAFTA 2.0? Give me a break....it's the same deal with some slight ratio changes related to the auto industry, and a new name. Don't be a sucker. And I don't give a hoot about the useless UN.....that's not what we are talking about.

We're on the entirley wrong path with no solutions in sight.

Xi and Trump Should Swallow Their Pride and Join the TPP

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/11/2...-their-pride-and-join-the-tpp-trade-us-china/

Last edited:
That's number 2. If that's how you want to make your point, I'm otta here.

You are mentioning NAFTA 2.0 to buttress your arguments. You are either being intentionally disingenuous, or you actually believe anything in the minor changes to that agreement have any real impact to the topic. All that's in that is wording about some veto power if any other nation (Mexico/Canada) sets up free trade agreements of their own with China. It's a big nothing. It already existed.

You are mentioning NAFTA 2.0 to buttress your arguments. You are either being intentionally disingenuous, or you actually believe anything in the minor changes to that agreement have any real impact to the topic. All that's in that is wording about some veto power if any other nation (Mexico/Canada) sets up free trade agreements of their own with China. It's a big nothing. It already existed.
There you go again with those reality based arguments.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
From the standpoint of someone trying to find some good things to say about Trump and his ideas, I thought the piece linked by CoH was an example of a talented writer digging deep.

The irony being the author is both French and anti U.S. military which is not what you might expect from a person favorable to Trump and his brand of conservatism.
Not sure if I understand your post. Are you saying that you are a person trying to find some good things to say about Trump or that CoH is such a person? Why should anyone be looking to find some good things to say about Trump? It strikes me as akin to trying to find good things to say about opiod addiction or diabetes.

These are dark times for the MAGA crowd. The 17!!! Trump related investigations are showing that the head of the Trumpist movement is corrupt and possibly a traitor to our country. Mueller has the goods. Even the cognitive dissonance that defines the MAGA crowd cannot ward off these very real facts. The MAGA crowd has been backed into a corner. What will they do?
Whoops, there goes Trump charities which is being disbanded under court supervision. I think the walls are really closing in on him now.

How is Haiti doing with all of your Clinton money?

Congrats. You went at least five posts without a Clinton reference. I didn’t think you could do it ;). That had to be hard for you.

Seriously man, no one takes what you post seriously. And it’s not because you have a “righty” POV.

It’s because your posts are ALWAYS based purely on your emotions/blind hatred of the left/gut- and you have NEVER shared actual reasons for your take, or god forbid, links to articles that support your position. I try to stay away stay away from absolutes, like always and never. But it’s alpropriate for you.

It would be nice to see one or both of those things occasionally from you.

Right now, all I see in your posts are “Obama/Clinton/Dems” bad!!! Or, “Trump/republicans” good!!!

I KNOW you can do better brother. I’ve got faith.

These are dark times for the MAGA crowd. The 17!!! Trump related investigations are showing that the head of the Trumpist movement is corrupt and possibly a traitor to our country. Mueller has the goods. Even the cognitive dissonance that defines the MAGA crowd cannot ward off these very real facts. The MAGA crowd has been backed into a corner. What will they do?

Wait to re-elect him. He just keeps moving forward while the left just keeps chasing their tail.

Wait to re-elect him. He just keeps moving forward while the left just keeps chasing their tail.
Honestly wonder how anyone can be so willfully ignorant. So tell me, do you just believe all of these people pleading guilty, going to jail, flipping right and left, 17 active investigations... those are all lies? What exactly goes through a “thought process “ of someone like you?

So far both Trump University and Trump Foundation were ordered to close due to illegal activities. Still under investigation: Trump campaign, Trump transition, Trump inauguration, Trump administration, Trump organization. Yep, def just chasing their tail.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT