ADVERTISEMENT

Trouble for Warnock and Dems in GA?

I wasn't predicting anything. The tweets were Trump whining that the runoff process in GA is unfair, despite it being totally controlled by a GOP Governor and GOP Legislature...

"Before even discussing the massive corruption which took place in the 2020 Election, which gives us far more votes than is necessary to win all of the Swing States (only need three), it must be noted that the State Legislatures were not in any way responsible for the massive....
Election officials have certified Joe Biden as the winner of the U.S. Presidential election

....changes made to the voting process, rules and regulations, many made hastily before the election, and therefore the whole State Election is not legal or Constitutional. Additionally, the Georgia Consent Decree is Unconstitutional & the State 2020 Presidential Election...."

He's basically claiming that anything that doesn't directly benefit him is illegal...I'm really starting to hate this clown...

I actually think the GOP is trailing in the early vote and will have to drive Trumpsters to the polls on election day. I wonder how that turnout will be affected by Trump's continued whining that the election (again controlled by the GOP) is unfair...
Ok. I hadn't seen the Trump tweets.
I'll predict Perdue squeaking out a 1.1% win.
How do you see these races ending up?

Ok. I hadn't seen the Trump tweets.
I'll predict Perdue squeaking out a 1.1% win.
How do you see these races ending up?

Three million people have already voted, and the GOP has tried to disenfranchise voters which a Judge has halted. I think the Dems should win, but without knowing how big of a lead in votes they hold going into election day it's impossible to tell.

I do think that candidates that feel comfortable do not negatively campaign and charge "child abuse" on the weekend before the election. I just think at this point the voters Loeffler needs to attract (moderates) will be turned off by her Trumpist rhetoric...

The Dems did a great job of turning out the Biden vote, he actually won GA despite what Trump wants to whine about. The key is to get people who voted for Loeffler and Perdue but against Trump to turn out and vote for the Dems. I think it's a desperate ploy by the GOP candidates to claim they support the 2000 stimulus check, and would almost be willing to bet that if elected they will fall back in line with McConnell's position when Trump is gone and the House passes it later this month.

I hope people who are voting for those two are smart enough to realize they're lying, but I just don't know. Turnout in Atlanta and the suburbs will likely tell the tale...

Three million people have already voted, and the GOP has tried to disenfranchise voters which a Judge has halted. I think the Dems should win, but without knowing how big of a lead in votes they hold going into election day it's impossible to tell.

I do think that candidates that feel comfortable do not negatively campaign and charge "child abuse" on the weekend before the election. I just think at this point the voters Loeffler needs to attract (moderates) will be turned off by her Trumpist rhetoric...

The Dems did a great job of turning out the Biden vote, he actually won GA despite what Trump wants to whine about. The key is to get people who voted for Loeffler and Perdue but against Trump to turn out and vote for the Dems. I think it's a desperate ploy by the GOP candidates to claim they support the 2000 stimulus check, and would almost be willing to bet that if elected they will fall back in line with McConnell's position when Trump is gone and the House passes it later this month.

I hope people who are voting for those two are smart enough to realize they're lying, but I just don't know. Turnout in Atlanta and the suburbs will likely tell the tale...

Warnock and Ossoff polling numbers are skewed by 1 poll. SurveyUSA which gives Dems a +2 bias. It's hard for me to see how Dems can get better than 100% turnout in Atlanta while GOP voters came out this past week hard.

I saw a graph (can’t find it) showing showing a day-by-day parallel between early voting in November and now. Except, a shift downward in total amounts. That has to be a bad indicator for Ds. Rs have a structural advantage and Ds only hope of overcoming that is winning the turnout battle by x%.

I’m not going out on any limb predicting the Rs win both but I don’t see it otherwise. Trump supporters are Uber-motivated and the election-day weather is favorable.

Georgia election tomorrow...so what actually matters? GOP win one? Both? Dems win both?
Even if the Dems win both, Kelly, Sinema & Manchin are unlikely to side with progressive policies on economic recovery efforts.
I still think GOP wins both

Georgia election tomorrow...so what actually matters? GOP win one? Both? Dems win both?
Even if the Dems win both, Kelly, Sinema & Manchin are unlikely to side with progressive policies on economic recovery efforts.
I still think GOP wins both

The early/mail vote has been better for Dems than the general election and there appears to be no lack of energy or letdown on the Dem side (tens of millions going into turnout operations certainly helps).

We shall see what happens on Election Day in terms of who's left to turn out.

The early/mail vote has been better for Dems than the general election and there appears to be no lack of energy or letdown on the Dem side (tens of millions going into turnout operations certainly helps).

What are you basing that on. Geogiavotes doesn’t paint such a rosy picture.

Robust voting early in GOP areas of Georgia

Robust voting early in GOP areas of Georgia
My sense is Trump voters are more motivated than ever and D turnout will be at best slightly up for special elections but off the general by 20+%. End result: ballpark of 55-45% for Rs or more.

My sense is Trump voters are more motivated than ever and D turnout will be at best slightly up for special elections but off the general by 20+%. End result: ballpark of 55-45% for Rs or more.
Modeled party early voting had the GOP up 47.5% to 45.7%. Makes sense that the Dems couldn't replicate voter drive in runoffs and Dem donors abandoned both races. GOP will be heavy in voting in-person today along with Libertarians swinging to Loeffler and Perdue.

In addition to the structural advantage in pure numbers, Rs have a decided structural advantage in that rural polling sites have relatively minuscule waiting lines. Also safer health wise in times of infectious disease.

If Georgia votes for Ossoff then they deserve what they get.
He's an idiot

Im no expert in Georgia politics, but Ossoff seems like a lightweight. He couldn’t win a House seat 2 years. Seems like a wasted opportunity for the Ds because Perdue’s stock trading issues are mighty suspicious.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Im no expert in Georgia politics, but Ossoff seems like a lightweight. He couldn’t win a House seat 2 years. Seems like a wasted opportunity for the Ds because Perdue’s stock trading issues are mighty suspicious.
suspicious is an understatement. It’s reprehensible regardless of its legality
He makes Burr look like a piker, yet Burr was the one who got hammered. I guess there are legalistic/technical differences, but I'll be damned if I can make sense of them.

CNN: "Georgia Senate runoff poll shows share of younger voters dropped from 20% in November -to 13% in runoff. But older voters up from 19% in November to 25% in runoff. Worrisome for Democrats"
Makes sense considering Dekalb county drop offs and pose bad news for Dems

CNN: "Georgia Senate runoff poll shows share of younger voters dropped from 20% in November -to 13% in runoff. But older voters up from 19% in November to 25% in runoff. Worrisome for Democrats"
Makes sense considering Dekalb county drop offs and pose bad news for Dems
Ds might be lucky to break 43%.

The results of this election may presage the midterm elections in 2022. In terms of turnout. My hunch is Trump voters will continue to turn out in large numbers unlike in 2018. The Democrats could easily lose the House.

"Some lines are approaching an hour-long in Cherokee, Forsyth, Paulding Counties. A handful of precincts have received extensions tonight, latest one is 7:40."
GOP voter surge

Per Kornacki, Ossoff and Warnock are ahead percentagewise of what Biden had in Fulton county and what they had themselves in November.

Youth turnout down 7% and 60+ up 6%. Even if they are at 88% of November turnout, that 12% is going to hurt.
51-49

So far it's looking pretty good for Dems. GOP turnout is down in North GA, I think in 3 counties the number is down about 20% of what it was in Nov., And in some of those Red areas Dem share of the early vote is higher than it was in Nov...

Both sides are looking to match their Nov numbers, but turnout is key for GOP because Trump lost the state. So lower turnout AND not matching the numbers he got in Nov is a double-edged sword for them...

Don't know if other channels are doing a turnout comparison between Nov and today. But Kornacki is tracking it and the Dems are way ahead of Biden's numbers in the Dem areas around Atlanta...

Kornacki or King? That's the big question.

Reactions: glmiu11
Kornacki or King? That's the big question.

two guys that can’t even work modern technology properly? Pass

This is not good. Trump needed to do everything he could on his way out to support Perdue and Loeffler. Instead he claimed fraud in the voter system, and offered mix messaging on stimulus that put them between a rock and a hard place.

The Trump loss stung, but this one really hurts.

Joe Manchin, come towards the light my friend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT