ADVERTISEMENT

Trey done for the year?

If true, likely done for OUR year. Which very well could be tomorrow if he doesn't play.

That equals done with bball probably, my wife had that surgery, it takes months to fully recover from, if ever.
Are you intentionally throwing out BS? Not to jump ahead of the docs on here, but that is a fairly easy surgery to rehabilitate. A young stud athlete like Trey would likely be back on the court within a few months. I had the same in my 40s and was back playing bball in 4 months. And have never had an issue with it since. It’s a very common surgery.

Can he get a medical redshirt for this yr and then have the extra covid yr? Hey, I can always hope.
No, obviously Trey is a whole lot younger than we are, but I would expect the same recovery time to apply in terms of rehab, fully being the same player, etc. I really don't think he'd want to go through all that or have time to be that for next year ... he's got a degree, move on with life.

Are you intentionally throwing out BS? Not to jump ahead of the docs on here, but that is a fairly easy surgery to rehabilitate. A young stud athlete like Trey would likely be back on the court within a few months. I had the same in my 40s and was back playing bball in 4 months. And have never had an issue with it since. It’s a very common surgery.
Even if it’s bad they do microfracture surgery. Friends wife had it done twice. Can’t tell she ever had a problem. It was bad too. Spiral fracture and torn everything. They can do a lot anymore.

no, i'm not at all, just stating what i have personally witnessed as far as "feeling yourself" again after that surgery. You are you, Trey is Trey, my wife is my wife ... nothing more implied. I just know it takes a long time to feel like yourself again, let alone play B10 ball at the level he had in like 6 months. Not suggesting he do anything other than what he wants to do.

No, obviously Trey is a whole lot younger than we are, but I would expect the same recovery time to apply in terms of rehab, fully being the same player, etc. I really don't think he'd want to go through all that or have time to be that for next year ... he's got a degree, move on with life.
He's got a degree, but NIL makes it a pretty easy decision to stick around and cash checks while rehabbing and not having to look for a job elsewhere.

Even if it’s bad they do microfracture surgery. Friends wife had it done twice. Can’t tell she ever had a problem. It was bad too. Spiral fracture and torn everything. They can do a lot anymore.
yes, but I think this guy is on me like i'm trying to suggest it ends his basketball playing for life. not in any way, it just sounds like lot of work for little gain in his situation career-wise as far as a player, long term health ... reality check, he isn't going to play pro-ball, ever. He might like to play pickup ball forever more in terms of what his surgery entails risk wise in HIS situation, which we don't know.

no, i'm not at all, just stating what i have personally witnessed as far as "feeling yourself" again after that surgery. You are you, Trey is Trey, my wife is my wife ... nothing more implied. I just know it takes a long time to feel like yourself again, let alone play B10 ball at the level he had in like 6 months. Not suggesting he do anything other than what he wants to do.
I remember when Edgerin James had knee surgery. He said, "I played a year later, but I really didn't feel like my old self until year two after surgery".

He's got a degree, but NIL makes it a pretty easy decision to stick around and cash checks while rehabbing and not having to look for a job elsewhere.
Yes, but then he's part of the problem and not well intentioned, bye. The university owes him the that through his recovery, but if he wants to come back with zero intention of contributing and just to cash checks, he won't go far in life with that attitude.

Your first part it correct everyone is different. The second part applying 6 months to Trey is pure poor speculation.

Old Waddell at Purdue had acl replacement and was playing ball in 9 or 13 weeks.

I watch these things as I have had miniscus repair, acl replacement and now have no acl.

Torn meniscus is either removed ( bucket handle tears and the like ). It’s not uncommon for skilled orthopods to suture meniscus also. It all depends on what kind and severity we are dealing with
Indeed OrthoPod.

Spot on assessment.

Once you ate in there is the only way to know. I’ve been in there.
MRI’s are awesome but they lie too

If it’s resective then more trouble

Best of luck to him.

Your first part it correct everyone is different. The second part applying 6 months to Trey is pure poor speculation.

Old Waddell at Purdue had acl replacement and was playing ball in 9 or 13 weeks.

I watch these things as I have had miniscus repair, acl replacement and now have no acl.
Thanks, and yes, I guess I could have phrased it differently, but didn't expect to be taken as if I was a Dr. ... but it's different for everybody, age, genetics, etc., enough said.

Reactions: Thcgh
Thanks, and yes, I guess I could have phrased it differently, but didn't expect to be taken as if I was a Dr. ... but it's different for everybody, age, genetics, etc., enough said.
I did not think you were a doc but wondered if you spent last night at a holiday inn. Peace

Reactions: WhyisIUBBcursed
Most common knee injury. It will be dealt with arthroscopicly and he should be good in 4-6 weeks. If it’s a large deficit they can suture and repair meniscus but probably longer rehab time

KAT doesn't seem to be waiting months and may return during playoffs.
Yes, but KAT has a team of what I would guess are absolute best Dr.'s available at his beck and call to be able to do that. KAT !=Trey Galloway. Add to that, nobody knows the extent of Galloway's injury and it's different for everybody.

Reactions: Army88 and Thcgh
That equals done with bball probably, my wife had that surgery, it takes months to fully recover from, if ever.
Wow I have had 4 torn meniscus surgeries, and they never took that long to fully recover. I have had two ACL reconstructions, and they took longer but meniscus surgery usually is not that bad.

Isiah Swope is playing out the season for ISU and will not have his meniscus tear repaired until after the season.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Wow I have had 4 torn meniscus surgeries, and they never took that long to fully recover. I have had two ACL reconstructions, and they took longer but meniscus surgery usually is not that bad.

Isiah Swope is playing out the season for ISU and will not have his meniscus tear repaired until after the season.
Yes, so why speculate ... i'm just done with this subject, I'm not a doctor or trying to argue with anyone, you play doctor ...

Yes, so why speculate ... i'm just done with this subject, I'm not a doctor or trying to argue with anyone, you play doctor ...
Was not attacking you and I was just stating personal experience like you did with your wife. Hope for the best and concerned about the report regardless.

Yes, but then he's part of the problem and not well intentioned, bye. The university owes him the that through his recovery, but if he wants to come back with zero intention of contributing and just to cash checks, he won't go far in life with that attitude.
Why? It seems that all of college athletics now comes down to a business decision.

I had a torn meniscus while in my early fifties ( I am close to 65 now). Dr Fox fixed me up. I healed pretty quickly but I still felt some weakness in the knee for several months. I went to work every day and struggled through it for a while but it gradually got worse and I eventually had to get it repaired. Hope he has a speedy recovery. Dr Fox used to work on all the IU knee problems. Not sure where he is now. Awesome Doctor!

This is probably too cynical, but if IU doesn't win the B1G tourney will Coach Woodson use this as an excuse? "Well......we didn't have Gallo. He is hard to replace".
He's already charmed himself into another season so doubt he will as much as he did with X. Even with the injuries, IU shouldnt have lost to NW, PSU at home. 12-8 and 1-1 this week could have gotten his behind in Dayton next week.

Reactions: Vern Pain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT