ADVERTISEMENT

Transcript: Cody Zeller video interview on Charlotte Hornets' website

Stu Jackson

Staff
Jun 30, 2016
Bloomington, Ind.
Former IU standout Cody Zeller recently sat down for an interview for the Hornets' official team website. Unfortunately the video can't be embedded, but you can find the full interview here.

Here's a transcript of what Zeller had to say:

On his summer:

"I've had a great summer. I've mostly been here in Charlotte. I went home for about a week and went on vacation a couple of times, but other than that mostly just been here working out. I love the city, so the longer I'm here the more it feels like home. I love Charlotte, it makes it convenient that I can work out here with the coaches and strength & conditioning guys every morning. It's been a productive summer."

On the 2015-16 season:

"It was a fun year. What made it so special was the group of guys that we had. It was such an unselfish group that it made it fun to step on the court every night. I think the front office has had a great summer keeping a lot of the core group together and adding a couple pieces that I think will fit in nicely. I'm excited for this coming year."

On his foot injury sustained in Game 3 of the Hornets' NBA playoff series against the Miami Heat:

"It was really just a deep bone bruise that I hurt in Game 3 of the NBA playoffs. I played through it during the playoffs but it was pretty sore. All you can really do for it is rest it, but it can take 3-4 months. I've given it plenty of time to recover now and feels like it's back to full strength now."

On what he has focused on this summer:

"I've gained probably 10 pounds since the end of the season. It's probably the most I've weighed. I feel better throughout the season when I weigh more. I feel like I have more energy, more powerful. If I can start the season as soon as possible, I'll lose a little bit during training camp but hopefully I can start the season at a good weight and be able to retain that through the season. So that's always been a big part of my focus this summer.

On switching from forward to center:

"I went into the [2015] season expecting to be a 4-man, but just the way it worked out I ended up being a center throughout most of the year. I think this summer has been good for me because I can go into the season with a good frame of mind knowing that I'm going to be a center, being able to put on weight and still keeping my speed and my agility. I think it's been a good summer."

On making the playoffs last season and taking the Heat to seven games:

"I think everyone got a taste of playoff success last year, but it left us wanting more."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News