ADVERTISEMENT

Top 25 big ten players

Jssanto

All-American
Feb 15, 2019
New Orleans
I expected TJD to be listed but was surprised at Landers top 25 rank.
Seems a high expectation of essentially a high school senior.
Does being left handed help?
I will be super impressed if he comes in and contributes to that degree.

Being a 5 star recruit helps. He was one even after reclassifying. That easily puts him in the top 25 of the conference.

Calvert was a lefty. I think Brian Evans. Anyone else?

Max Walker was iirc.

Vern Payne,

Bill DeHeer maybe?

Joe Cooke,

i'm conflicted on whether it's an advantage or not in bball, but it's a huge advantage in tennis.

Last edited:
So they're saying Durham and Rob are ahead of him on the team..But he's 23 rd..And IU doesn't play in the dance without him..He'll help..
But in know way is he a Eric Gordon..That 5☆ is super inflated...Hope he proves me wrong big time..I've seen him multiple times..Not once did I leave thinking..That kid is a baller..Maybe with high level D1 players around him..Makes a difference.
Like I said .I'm for him a 1000% but many are expecting to much.imo

• Wow
Reactions: jimmygoiu
It certainly didn’t help. And also losing Chris Lawson to Vandy hurt our inside depth.

I did thanks. 2-2-11 against Minn. why was he playing so early? It was 16-6 at the time
Pritch was a starter until Cody got to campus. Even after that, he was a rotation guy. Not a terribly productive one, but he still got run.

Funderburk played over 12 years in the nba, is a Rhodes scholar and has written several books. He supposedly is brilliant. Who would have thunk?

Reactions: ulrey
Funderburk played over 12 years in the nba, is a Rhodes scholar and has written several books. He supposedly is brilliant. Who would have thunk?
Smart guy, for sure, but you’ve overstated both his academic and athletic achievements.

Last edited:
losing him early his Frosh yr might have had as much to do with no banners during the 1991-93 run as Alan's knee.

tough to say.

Certainly on paper the collection of individual players would have looked much better, but from a team standpoint we just don’t know. That group was incredibly successful over their four years together, despite the lack of a banner.

Don’t get me wrong, it would have been great to have a player of that caliber, I just don’t have any idea how it would have changed the dynamic of the team.

tough to say.

Certainly on paper the collection of individual players would have looked much better, but from a team standpoint we just don’t know. That group was incredibly successful over their four years together, despite the lack of a banner.

Don’t get me wrong, it would have been great to have a player of that caliber, I just don’t have any idea how it would have changed the dynamic of the team.
He and Joby had several incidents, including one that immediately preceded his departure. He never would’ve lasted.

Smart guy, for sure, but you’ve overstated both his academic and athletic achievements.

How did he overstate anything?

Was he wrong that he was in the league for 12 years?

Was he wrong that he was a Rhodes Scholar?

tough to say.

Oh I agree...all crystal ball stuff. Was just thinking about talent, not personalities. But not winning a banner during that era was a huge miss for the program, and RMK's remaining yrs, at IU.

Reactions: .Gerdis
How did he overstate anything?

Was he wrong that he was in the league for 12 years?

Was he wrong that he was a Rhodes Scholar?
It appears, if you count the season he missed injured and the season he played 2 games, he was in the NBA for eight seasons. He played overseas for a few years first.

I don't see any evidence that he was a Rhodes Scholar. It appears that he got very good grades at OSU, got a real degree there, eventually got an MBA (albeit at the U. of Phoenix) and has done good things with his life since he retired.

Reactions: minneman

This isn't remotely accurate.

LF; while being a cocky jerk as a young player was an excellent student but not a RS. IIRC he bounced around playing over seas for several years and then finished with a fairly unremarkable stint in the NBA out west.

For discussion's sake, here's the list....I think it's a pretty good ranking. I'd have a few listed a little higher or lower as noted

1. Garza...Iowa
2. Dosunmu...ILL
3. TJD...IU
4. Cockburn...ILL
5. Wagner...MICH...too high
6. Potter...WIS....too low
7. Williams...PUR...too low
8. Livers...UMich
9. Henry...MSU...too high
10. Weiskamp...Iowa
11. Carr...MN
12. Reuvers...WIS...too low
13. Watts...MSU...too low
14. Hauser...MSU
15. Harper...RU
16. Jones...PSU
17. Trice...WIS...too low
18. Baker...RU
19. Hunter...OUR...too high
20. Sueing...OSU
21. Towns...OSU
22. Bohanan..IOWA...too low
23. Lander...IU
24. Miller...ILL
25. Robbins..MN

Rob could arguably be on here, about where Hunter is...but he'll have to show it. The only one I think they really missed on is Watts---I'd have him much higher.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT