ADVERTISEMENT

Took a trip to the NW board

All of IU's football rivalries are forced, outside Purdue. No chance MSU sees our game as any sort of rivalry. They have Michigan, OSU, and PSU, heck even Notre Dame for years...all much bigger.

Maybe for IU...but I'd say the games against the big boys are always more anticipated. And even Illinois when we play them.

I guess since there's a spitoon involved though, its a big one?! And again, when MSU week rolls around, it'll be huge for us. Today though, its the least interesting of our remaining 6 games, and I don't think its even close.
PSU?

Reactions: red hornet
I just took a trip into Nebraska fantasy land reading all of the Nebraska forums. They think we are not very good and they think they are great. Reading all of it really makes me hope we just light them up!
They certainly have a pretty good team this season, but I think some of their fan base are still living in the past when they were an annual national championship threat back in the days when Moses parted the Red Sea.

Last edited:
The big question is….
Has anybody visited the GBI board yet?
I’m concerned for them. I think FEMA recently included them also for disaster relief in response to the recent Hurricane Helene?
Lumped them in as part of the government response.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Nebraska football fans leaning on history and dismissing IU with our lowly football history. Similar to IU basketball fans (myself included) leaning on history and dismissing lowly Rutgers for how many years in a row now? Only IU football fans truly realize the differences in this IU football team; we've witnessed bad football for years and we've witnessed mediocre football teams who hang in there only to be let down in the 4th quarter. This team is neither of those! I expect a great game with NEB in a couple of weeks and it could go either way. As always, I am for IU2WIN . . . Go Hoosiers !!!

All of IU's football rivalries are forced, outside Purdue. No chance MSU sees our game as any sort of rivalry. They have Michigan, OSU, and PSU, heck even Notre Dame for years...all much bigger.

Maybe for IU...but I'd say the games against the big boys are always more anticipated. And even Illinois when we play them.

I guess since there's a spitoon involved though, its a big one?! And again, when MSU week rolls around, it'll be huge for us. Today though, its the least interesting of our remaining 6 games, and I don't think its even close.
Well the team that took the spittoon away two years ago was happy to have it.

Next step after the sellout is Dolson needs to offer a free beverage to all in the stadium 25 min before kickoff so the Rock is rockin early and those pregame camera shots look impressive to the TV audience.

baby steps
Read about someplace else that has beer for $2 until 30 minutes before game and then switches to regular price. I like that.

I think the Bourbon Barrel is a legit trophy game. Thing still sits up in Henke Hall, collecting dust. Get that going again.

I think the Bourbon Barrel is a legit trophy game. Thing still sits up in Henke Hall, collecting dust. Get that going again.
It was retired after drinking and driving tragedy …..
“The two teams played for a trophy called the "Bourbon Barrel" from 1987 until both schools mutually agreed to retire the trophy in 1999 following the alcohol-related death of a Kentucky football player. Indianaleads the series (18–17–1).” — Googled … probably from Wikipedia,

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1

We'll see them in a Bowl game sometime (maybe the Music Bowl or the Citrus Bowl this year) no need to start that up again...

If you want to be surrounded by drunken obnoxious a--h-les drive up to the p u versus IL game this weekend and get your fix... 😎

Personally, I've seen enough Ky fans to last two lifetimes... Let em stay in Lexington where they belong...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT