ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Bennett Retiring

He wimped out on the IU job all those years ago…

He did beat PU that one year in the E8, that was hilarious.

Reactions: edub72
His Dad hated Knight and IU and we had just fired his sister. He also never wanted a pressure cooker gig.
Yep. Part of IU lore.

He was an amazing regular season coach, his ACC titles are incredible given the competition and him being at UVA. The waters did part for him for that tourney run, played a bunch of favorable seeds the whole way.

It’s kind of strange to retire just before the season starts . ESPN said he had just signed a new contract last spring . As I remember his dad did the same thing at Wisconsin . Just strange , wonder what the deal is . Also his dad was a great defensive coach , his coaching videos on D were very good .

It’s kind of strange to retire just before the season starts . ESPN said he had just signed a new contract last spring . As I remember his dad did the same thing at Wisconsin . Just strange , wonder what the deal is . Also his dad was a great defensive coach , his coaching videos on D were very good .
What Trilly said makes sense. He wanted his assistant to get the job so bolted right at the last minute when they'd have no other choice.

Reactions: CG Paul
I think dad was at Stevens Point in Wisconsin and his record brought some national attention.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT