ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Crean went 16-16 with Anthony Edwards

Yep. But I do remember alot on here saying OG would be special just by looking at his body and highlight clips before freshman season.
If memory serves I remember Crean saying he was at a game looking at another player but kept noticed this other player he didn't know anything about. This was OG. Don't forget Juwan Morgan was in the same class as OG. He was a good one too. Crean could find those diamonds in the rough. My problem with Crean as a coach was about defense and turnovers.

Reactions: ulrey
5-13 and 13th out of 14 teams in the SEC. WTF
Here’s the thing about all that…Crean is a shitty coach. Crean got elite talent that was able to cover his inability to coach. Good coaches win wherever they go. Crean couldn’t pull the same players at Georgia a coach can pull with the power and name of IU behind him.

He’s certainly looking like the real deal, and then some! The next face of the league?

Seems like a good dude, too.
Listened to Isola and his sidekick interview Charles Oakley one morning last week. Edwards started playing pickup in Atlanta with Oakley, Steve Smith and others when he was a sophomore in HS. Said they didn't take it easy on him and the kid kept coming back for more. Said he's not surprised that he's doing what he's doing right now.

Pretty much, lol. He did manage to find and land some talent: Wade, Oladipo, Zeller, OG, AE, Yogi.

Pretty much, lol. He did manage to find and land some talent: Wade, Oladipo, Zeller, OG, AE, Yogi.

T Bryant, J Morgan, Blackmon, Roth, Ziesloft, Biefeldt, Watford, Hulls, Sheehey, Vonleh…..lot of talent recruited by Crean.

A couple sweet 16s and big ten champ doesn't look so bad in retrospect. I think IU has one tourney win since then? But I wanted him gone after since that deer in headlights game against syracuse.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Listened to Isola and his sidekick interview Charles Oakley one morning last week. Edwards started playing pickup in Atlanta with Oakley, Steve Smith and others when he was a sophomore in HS. Said they didn't take it easy on him and the kid kept coming back for more. Said he's not surprised that he's doing what he's doing right now.
Fun movie:

Trying to track down Maubee, Quinn questions Ubu Pearl, the local witch and aunt of Maubee's girlfriend, Isola.

Fun movie:

Trying to track down Maubee, Quinn questions Ubu Pearl, the local witch and aunt of Maubee's girlfriend, Isola.
Understand Over My Head GIF by ABC Network

I had to Google it to figure out what it was. Nice reference.

Here’s the thing about all that…Crean is a shitty coach. Crean got elite talent that was able to cover his inability to coach. Good coaches win wherever they go. Crean couldn’t pull the same players at Georgia a coach can pull with the power and name of IU behind him.
There weren’t any “It’s Georgia” t shirts floating around

T Bryant, J Morgan, Blackmon, Roth, Ziesloft, Biefeldt, Watford, Hulls, Sheehey, Vonleh…..lot of talent recruited by Crean.
Most of those guys were just solid role players (everyone but Bryant, Morgan and Vonleh), that any decent team should have. But, you also left off Zeller, Yogi, Oladipo and Anunoby who were all difference makers, or could have been!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT