ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Brady's press conference is ridiculous.

crossfire74

All-American
Nov 28, 2014
He's a terrible liar first off. Second he claims he couldn't tell any difference in the balls from one half to the next. Yet a LB can notice immediately. But nothing unexpected from the Cheatriots. When confronted just deny, deny, deny and blame someone else.

Stunning that nobody from the NFL has yet talked to him

That was a real head-scratcher. Glad he was so candid, genuine, and clearly truthful.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Brady looked horrible.

He definitely came off poorly in that press conference. He seemed really uncomfortable and that he was hiding something.

are you a frickin' moran?

"[Brady] told them that he prefers the football 'a certain way,'"

"I didn't have any … I didn't alter the ball in any way," Brady said. "I have a process that I go through every game, and I pick the footballs that I want to use for the game. Our equipment guys do a great job of breaking the balls in, they have a process that they go through. When I picked those footballs out, at that point, to me they were perfect. I don't want anyone touching the balls after that, I don't want anyone rubbing them, putting any air in them, taking any air out. To me those balls are perfect and that's what I expect when I show up on the field."

How about - Nobody altered the balls. I didn't ask anyone to alter the balls. If anyone altered the balls, I had absolutely no knowledge of that. Instead, Brady was asked point-blank if he's a cheater.
"I don't believe so," Brady said.

Do you still defend Lance Armstrong outhouseshooter?

Line is Seahawks +1.5 . . .

wonder if this little scandal will take some air out of the Pats' game . . . or if the front office will tell the refs to call the game tight for Seattle . . . .

Nah, +1.5 ain't enough to bet against Belicheat . . . .

I thought it was hilarious and loved it....

Yeah, he and Belicheat are full of shit and they're not going to admit what they did. But everybody knows that.

But this is football. Entertain me, dammit!

And Brady is clearly trolling the media with these responses. And don't try to tell me each of your inner 4th grader was not giggling at those responses.

Only one thing missing

If he had a teleprompter his transformation into a politician would be complete. He already knows how to lie.

you obviously didn't listen to the 35 minutes

he said he didn't alter the balls
He said that he has talked to the equipment guy and was assured that he didn't alter the balls
He didn't downplay anything with regard to importance. He said it was a SERIOUS integrity issue.

As to your question about Lance Armstrong, he, Bonds, and Pete Rose, as examples, were all obvious liars from day 1.

No way any one of them was going to stand up and answer every question anyone in the media asked for 35 minutes.

My longest and strongest rooting interest for any pro team has been with the Cincinnati Reds,yet I knew Rose was a liar and hustler even in the 80s.

Still he belongs in the HOF.

pro football talk was stunned by that, & all but called the NFL incompetant

One has to wonder just what they're investigating if the player who handles the ball on every snap and would have the most stake in the condition of the balls isn't deemed worthy of an interview. Beyond that, one has to wonder who they have bothered talking to, if Brady was considered an unimportant voice.

bizarre

What would you expect from someone who's been "questionable" since 1985?

The Patriots have not ever been forthright.

Plus, after screening Aaron Hernandez.......... they hired him ! This makes hiring Randy Moss look totally normal.

They and the Cowboys have a similar above-the-rules culture.

That's a joke or TIC, right?

As an excellent trial lawyer (Jerome Bettis) pointed out on ESPN, Brady said both that he couldn't tell the difference in the footballs and then said he liked it at [precisely] 12.5 PSI. Which is it ? Can he tell by squeezing the ball or not ?

Also, I looked on the Patriots web site this afternoon, and surprisingly the Patriots' web site does not identify the equipment manager or even say that the Patriots have an equipment manager.

Poor guy. Belichick and Brady just threw the equipment manager under the bus and he doesn't even get his name mentioned.

I dislike Pete Carroll too, but realistically, he's had more time than Pagano or John Harbaugh to figure out the Patriots' off-balanced line and overuse of the tackle-eligible formation, and I'm definitely leaning toward favoring the Seahawks. Also, Richard Sherman does not appear to be as big a jerk as I originally thought, too.

He's talking sh!t

So he wants them at the very low end of the 1psi difference but couldn't tell the difference when it was 2psi below the lowest point, if that's the case why would he say he wants it at 12.5. He can't tell the difference between 12.5 and 10.5, but can tell the difference between 13.5 and 12.5...he's full of sh!i.

This post was edited on 1/22 5:02 PM by GOIU

you just lied so many times it will be hard to correct them all

"Brady said both that he couldn't tell the difference in the footballs... Can he tell by squeezing the ball or not ?... "

correction: Brady said both that DURING THE GAME ON SUNDAY NIGHT he couldn't tell the difference between the 2nd half footballs and the ones he played with before halftime, because in a game he is focused on his job, the plays, the defense, the game plan, and the feel of the football is not an issue. That doesn't say that he could not tell the difference between two footballs side-by-side for him to analyze 5 hours before a game.

"the Patriots' web site does not identify the equipment manager or even say that the Patriots have an equipment manager."

do the Colts? Steelers? Seahawks? ANYONE? WHY?

"Brady just threw the equipment manager under the bus"

CORRECTION: He was asked if he had questioned the equipment guys, tried to find out for himself if they had done it. Brady said he had, that he believed them when they told him "no", that in his opinion those guys work hard and do a great job.

JEESUS, ARE YOU THIS DENSE?

should the Colts have known they hired a rapist this year?

Some hardened criminals are good at covering their misdeeds. Like Marvin Harrison for example.

Re: should the Colts have known they hired a rapist this year?

tumblr_nilob9vh0T1qhm2hjo1_1280.jpg

you did not even hear what he said!

he said that DURING THE GAME ON SUNDAY NIGHT he couldn't tell the difference between the 2nd half footballs and the ones he played with before halftime, because in a game he is focused on his job, the plays, the defense, the game plan, and the feel of the football is not an issue.

That doesn't say that he could not tell the difference between two footballs side-by-side for him to analyze 5 hours before a game.

Are you that dense too?

No you're an idiot

He's a professional QB that likes a fb at a certain psi (12.5), but he couldn't tell they were 2psi lower? He's held probably more balls than you so if he says he likes a specific psi he'd know the difference.

You're telling me the equipment mgr has full control of Brady's balls?

That's no surprise.

Seriously, if Brady didn't know it, then Brady ain't who he says he is. Every QB has full knowledge of how those footballs are handled. There hasn't been one former NFL QB defending Brady and they all say he knew it, if they were deflated. And they were deflated.

Funny thing is when they're found to be cheating again

You'll just say the league bent to outside pressure or some other BS.

You really should provide a link before calling someone a liar

1. Nope. Brady said what you repeated ( in part ), but Brady also said that he selects the balls during the pre-game by touching them, feeling them and throwing them. He also said he prefers the pressure to be 12.5 PSI. That clearly means he can tell the pressure by touching, feeling and throwing. And, clearly, it also means his equipment manager knows what he wants the balls to feel like. He may have been focused on events on the field during a particular play (i.e. dodging a pass rush etc.), but he clearly tried to avoid talking about whether, by picking a ball up before the game, he could tell that a ball was under PSI. As Jerome Bettis pointed out, he slipped up and basically admitted that he could tell this.

2. Many Google search results reveal that the Patriots previously identified their equipment manager, particularly the one who died a couple years ago. I couldn't find any reference to the Patriots' current equipment manager. You apparently agree with that. Let us know if you locate his name. The entire world of media sharks surely will find him even if you don't.

how can you not understand such a simple concept?

HE DID NOT SAY that he can't tell the difference between two footballs side-by-side set out specifically for him to analyze, 5 hours before a game, or even right now for that matter.

What he ACTUALLY said was that DURING THE GAME ON SUNDAY NIGHT he didn't notice the difference between the 2nd half footballs and the ones that he played with before halftime, because in a game he is focused on his job, the plays, the defense, the game plan, and the feel of the football is just not on his radar at that place and time.

EXAMPLE: I can tell right now if my feet hurt or not.

If I were in the middle of giving a speech in a full auditorium, I doubt if my mind would focus on the status of my feet. I'd be more focused on other relatively more important things.

+1 Excellent post.

It took me a millisecond to figure out what "sh!I" meant [there wasn't any "t"], but I knew right away I agreed with your post.

The fact that he was able to quantify his preference at 12.5 told me that he was aware of the precise requirements of the rule, despite saying repeatedly that he was (1) preparing for Seattle, and (2) didn't think about the ball after he had selected it.

I think Belichick and Brady threw both the equipment manger and the center under the bus, but time will tell.

Of course, my point exactly, maybe you are finally getting it!

Some criminals are great at hiding their true nature.

That doesn't mean that someone who had been duped into trusting them is, by association, a dirty scoundrel.

People can let you down, fool you, earn your trust by concealing who they are.

Wow I bet you're a scientist at a company

That my company has to come and do remediation work...he said , AS A PROFESSIONAL QUARTERBACK, that he likes 12.5 psi the low point of the rules. I know for someone like you, and I can help it's what I do, if he likes 12.5 then he knows the difference unless you think he wouldn't have said anything if the balls were at 15.5psi (hint 2psi above the max).

Actually, I'm thinking the NFL might want to talk to the equipment people

Start at the bottom with the peons. After getting them to tell the truth, it might prove to be easier to get the higher ups to come clean. That's how the prosecutors do it.

The question isn't really whether Brady took his $4 tire gauge from PepBoys and measured the PSI. It's more like whether Brady informally let the equipment people know how he liked his footballs and let it be understood what should happen to the air pressure.

Stay tuned. We haven't heard the end of this story. The national media are all over it and the talking heads on ESPN don't believe either Belichick or Brady.

Clever, aren't you?

Alleged rapist. Patriots had a murderer. Glass houses.

You watched a 35 min press conference? Are you a sports writer?

Dont you have anything better to do with your time than watch an athlete talk for over 30 min?

All the writes up I've seen online are saying it was rough.

B7_ILjLIAAAB0BX.jpg:large

contradicts himself

I know nothing!

This is who I thought of during the Patriot's presser.

500px-SgtShultz.png

no, I am just a chemistry professor

As a scientist, i can tell you that I feel a bit of a headache.

Last month when I gave a seminar in a very large auditorium filled with 200 or so professors in Adelaide Australia, I was focused on my slides, my talk, the timing, the pacing, the questions that t be asked, and I certainly did not notice or would not have noticed any mild headache, being so focused upon other things.

Is this hard for you?

I am puzzled.

Bettis I can understand. CTE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT