ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Allen cost us the game

Reminds me of when the Saints did that onside kick against the Colts to start the half which won them the SB. I think everyone watching knew they were going to attempt the onside kick. Everyone except Jim Caldwell of course. Same thing last night.

As a Saints fan absolutely no one was expecting a Saints onside kick in that situation, no one.

Reactions: WannaBeSurfer
Not to mention not having his own side kick team on with 4 minutes left. No idea what he was thinking. Only Indiana football could lose a game like that.
Did I hear on the telecast that he used to be a special teams coach before coming to Indiana?

The onside kick was horrendous but it seemed when TN was down 13 with 8 minutes to go that Indiana went into a prevent defense and the TN qb turned into joe Montana.

3. I don't know what happened to Justus on the last field goal attempt and why he reset himself. He looked like a pro golfer who set up over a putt or tee shot and then backed off. If the Officials were holding up the play to set the play clock that is totally unacceptable as this was the first play after a time out.
The refs were holding the snap for some reason and the holder told Justus to reset. Even after he reset the first time he stood there for 7 seconds. Probably should have reset again to relax

Reactions: red hornet
First the timeout at the end of the half, then the onside kick, then iced his own kicker. Literally never seen anything like it.
As bad as anything else was the conservative play calling that led to a quick 3 and out prior to the first UT touchdown. Had we recovered the onside kick, I would have expected the same conservative play calling and the same results. The biggest difference was the field position would have been better.

Our staff didn't trust Peyton to move the ball as he had been doing in the second half and they didn't trust the defense to continue keeping UT out of the end zone.

This was a coaching failure and I would like to hear the coaches be specific in what they will do differently in the future.

>>The refs were holding the snap for some reason and the holder told Justus to reset<<

The White Hat (Referee) was waiting for the Back Judge to finish his responsibilities during the time out (consulting with TV timeout guy) and move all the way to his position responsibility for the kick which was under one of the goal post uprights.

>>The refs were holding the snap for some reason and the holder told Justus to reset<<

The White Hat (Referee) was waiting for the Back Judge to finish his responsibilities during the time out (consulting with TV timeout guy) and move all the way to his position responsibility for the kick which was under one of the goal post uprights.
Well since the playclock doesn’t start until the back judge is set, Justus should have stood around and waited until all of that was sorted out before doing his setup

Well since the playclock doesn’t start until the back judge is set, Justus should have stood around and waited until all of that was sorted out before doing his setup
The game clock was on 2:32. The ref asked for 2:17. Rather than typing it in, they ran the seconds down. Strange.

I think I'm the only one that was disappointed when he got an extension. TA will be here a long time and fukn up regularly as he stomps and claps.
He better hope he finds an OC has good as Kalen that fella made him a millionaire.................

Reactions: bang63
Coaches are supposed to make decisions that put the players in position to win the game. IU coaching staff failed miserably on the biggest stage in 30 years.

They left a steaming coil on the field. The players were great.

Goofy timeouts, onside kick, releasing the defensive chokehold IU had on Tennessee by going prevent.....

The coaches better get their shit together. Especially for that money.

THEY gave away the win.

Coaches are supposed to make decisions that put the players in position to win the game. IU coaching staff failed miserably on the biggest stage in 30 years.

They left a steaming coil on the field. The players were great.

Goofy timeouts, onside kick, releasing the defensive chokehold IU had on Tennessee by going prevent.....

The coaches better get their shit together. Especially for that money.

THEY gave away the win.
All you are is a hater and/or an agitator. This post, coupled with your score prediction (for a game where Vegas had Tennessee a mere two point favorite) which I've copied and pasted below, proves that.

I would call you a dick but won't, given that two of my New Year's resolutions are to be kinder and have more patience.

"41-14 Tennessee"

6 BayernFan, Tuesday at 10:48 AM

P.S. And when you've got gradman liking your posts, you know you've got a problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: minneman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT