ADVERTISEMENT

Today is my day off so I am watching this High School all day Tourney in Kokomo

VanPastorMan

Hall of Famer
Mar 21, 2002
Central Pennsylvania Via Washington Indiana
There were some really good players (not sure if they are Div 1 players) playing on the court today. Right now Jeffersonville is playing Warren Central. Jeffersonville is being coached by Sherron Wilkerson. I asked my wife if she remembered him. She did not. But I told her that there was an incident where Coach Knight accidentally head butted Sherron while chewing him out on the bench and they kept playing it over and over. She remembered that. Anyone else remember that incident?

There were some really good players (not sure if they are Div 1 players) playing on the court today. Right now Jeffersonville is playing Warren Central. Jeffersonville is being coached by Sherron Wilkerson. I asked my wife if she remembered him. She did not. But I told her that there was an incident where Coach Knight accidentally head butted Sherron while chewing him out on the bench and they kept playing it over and over. She remembered that. Anyone else remember that incident?
no never heard about that, I thought you were a preacher, you only work an hour a week, every day is your off day.

I don’t remember all the details, but Coach Knight was getting really animated with Wilkerson and accidentally head butted him.

Reactions: Hatchets7times
I remember that incident. I remember Wilkerson looking really stunned. LOL.

That was during the same time period that Pat Knight was on the same team and RMK was accused of kicking his son when RMK got really frustrated during a game. If I remember correctly, there were even news articles written about that, but I think that slow motion replays showed that he kicked the chair instead.

RMK definitely had some ill-advised meltdowns, but there were also some silly accusations being thrown at him over the years...

RMK definitely had some ill-advised meltdowns, but there were also some silly accusations being thrown at him over the years...
The news media was putting out fake news before it was known as such. People who hated Bob Knight and IU's success refused to believe it was anything but truth. Bob Knight did not accost deSilva in Puerto Rico, nor did he stuff a drunk LSU fan into a Bourbon St trash can. He did not head butt Wilkerson on purpose. He didn't kick his son in anger. He did not choke Neil Reed in a physically harmful way, nor did he "assault" the Harvey kid...all attempts to get the undivided attention of others during a teaching moment. Bob Knight was treated similarly to how Trump is today. Think about it...both very polarizing individuals, alpha males, not afraid to call it a spade when spade is seen, good at asshole roll playing, despised by the media, successful at what they choose to do, worshiped by their fans, colorful characters, etc.

It's been said IU hasn't done anything special to commemorate Bob Knight because it would go against the grain of the family's wishes. I think that is IU's cop-out, BS if you will. Since when do you have to get special permission to honor someone? Has there ever been a subsequent lawsuit after someone's deceased family member was honored in a public way? Why hasn't a more in-depth article been written about the matter by someone from the IU School of Journalism or the H-T? Why haven't we heard from a family member like Pat, Tim, or his wife since his death? Is this perceived desire of the Knight family based upon their humility or is it out of bitterness? Either way, we haven't heard so much as diddly-squat! It just doesn't make sense, but then again, "It's Indiana!" and in Monroe Co the sanctimonious ideology of Democrats rules the thinking on their weird sort of little island in an otherwise sea of red. To them, Knight is better dead.

The news media was putting out fake news before it was known as such. People who hated Bob Knight and IU's success refused to believe it was anything but truth. Bob Knight did not accost deSilva in Puerto Rico, nor did he stuff a drunk LSU fan into a Bourbon St trash can. He did not head butt Wilkerson on purpose. He didn't kick his son in anger. He did not choke Neil Reed in a physically harmful way, nor did he "assault" the Harvey kid...all attempts to get the undivided attention of others during a teaching moment. Bob Knight was treated similarly to how Trump is today. Think about it...both very polarizing individuals, alpha males, not afraid to call it a spade when spade is seen, good at asshole roll playing, despised by the media, successful at what they choose to do, worshiped by their fans, colorful characters, etc.

It's been said IU hasn't done anything special to commemorate Bob Knight because it would go against the grain of the family's wishes. I think that is IU's cop-out, BS if you will. Since when do you have to get special permission to honor someone? Has there ever been a subsequent lawsuit after someone's deceased family member was honored in a public way? Why hasn't a more in-depth article been written about the matter by someone from the IU School of Journalism or the H-T? Why haven't we heard from a family member like Pat, Tim, or his wife since his death? Is this perceived desire of the Knight family based upon their humility or is it out of bitterness? Either way, we haven't heard so much as diddly-squat! It just doesn't make sense, but then again, "It's Indiana!" and in Monroe Co the sanctimonious ideology of Democrats rules the thinking on their weird sort of little island in an otherwise sea of red. To them, Knight is better dead.
you prove that one with good writing ability can still be stupid.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT