ADVERTISEMENT

Time to play for the future...

SouthBendJim

Junior
Dec 19, 2004
...both near and distant.

Sit'em: McRoberts and Fitzner. Zack is a liability most times. Evan seems to have lost his shot, not B1G ready or tough. Mop-up duty only.

Play'em: Anderson, Moore, Forrester and Durham. We lack rebounding and three point shooting, and the potential is there for both.

First off the bench: Greene and Smith, both inconsistent. Maybe some pine time would inspire them.

Could it be any worse?

Wouldn't surprise me if Anderson transfers out. Hard to sit there and watch your team down by double digits, and hear McBob's number called. You can't get down by double-digits and make a comeback watching Romeo drive to the basket, and Morgan work down low. We need some outside shooting badly.

Only good thing about this evening is apparently Duke lost, and Wisky is down 33-15 to Maryland at the half.

McRoberts, the walk on who busted his tail until he was a captain, is not the problem.

The rest is OK. Although losing Romeo and Morgan is more than enough.

McRoberts, the walk on who busted his tail until he was a captain, is not the problem.

McRoberts who hasn't scored since November? McRoberts who doesn't rebound in order to get back on defense to give up a lay up?

Reactions: Steeler31
McRoberts who dives for loose balls, is one of about 3 or 4 who actually goes up for rebounds, and who doesn't take bad shots.

Yes, he is not the problem. Literally. He is a walk on already stealing minutes from scholarship guys who don't play hard enough.

McBob looks like he is still battling back issues. Not the most talented guy we have, but you feel like he's giving you what he has in the tank. Too many guys can't say that about.

McRoberts who dives for loose balls, is one of about 3 or 4 who actually goes up for rebounds, and who doesn't take bad shots.

Yes, he is not the problem. Literally. He is a walk on already stealing minutes from scholarship guys who don't play hard enough.
You want to cheer for the walk-on, the home-grown hoosier, Mr. Hustle, go ahead. I'd rather hang banners.

He's stealing minutes from guys who need to develop, and are more talented than he'll ever be.

McBob looks like he is still battling back issues. Not the most talented guy we have, but you feel like he's giving you what he has in the tank. Too many guys can't say that about.

Agreed. Id like him to shoot more too, but gee fellas, isn't that why we have 13 scholarship players?

You want to cheer for the walk-on, the home-grown hoosier, Mr. Hustle, go ahead. I'd rather hang banners.

He's stealing minutes from guys who need to develop, and are more talented than he'll ever be.

Green, Smith, Fitzner.... all of those guys are struggling to put a game together. Smith has been a bit better the last couple games but tonight he gave up what I would call the worst defensive play I've seen all season. On any team.
No reason to pick on the walk on. Blame Miller for not putting guys in. It isn't McRoberts.

Green, Smith, Fitzner.... all of those guys are struggling to put a game together. Smith has been a bit better the last couple games but tonight he gave up what I would call the worst defensive play I've seen all season. On any team.
No reason to pick on the walk on. Blame Miller for not putting guys in. It isn't McRoberts.

Agreed.

McBob is giving what he has, trying to play thru back problems. Hard to fault a guy who is giving you what they're physically capable of.

McRob was back to being just enough to have minutes tonight.
But he cant continue to have games like he did against Maryland and Michigan or im going to agree to bench him.
Not easy to say as I was huge into McRob. Looked forward to him and Morgan the most during off season before hearing we landed Romeo.
But games like these he needs to either start shooting or start sitting.

Far as Fitzner goes its unfortunate but it seems hes lost his confidence in his shot.
And considering hes 7 foot tall 100 lbs with a agility rating of 0. He needs to sit until he can prove to do something else to benefit the team besides make a basket (bc hes clearly not doing that or anything else right now for the team)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT