ADVERTISEMENT

Time to end this: "We need Indiana kids..."

Crean landed a McDonalds All American in 5 straight classes. How do you forget so easily?

By this point he had Watford, Oladipo, Sheehey, Hulls, and Zeller with Yogi a few months away. Crean recruited better than Archie has so far.

Priller, April, Jobe, Marc-michel, Capo, Muniru, Gelon and others say hi.

Reactions: hondo314
No but they had an Indiana player leading them in scoring ..

Bad example ....

Virginia is not a basketball recruiting hotbed, Indiana is.
Actually, I suspect Virginia has produced as much elite basketball talent over the last half century as Indiana. Especially, big men. But, more to the point, of the 20 NCAA championships this millennium, 16 have been won by schools from states on the Atlantic seaboard, and none of them dominate basketball recruiting in the state where they reside. Also, two of the other championships were won by Kansas and Kentucky, both of whom recruit nationally, if not internationally. I suppose you can obsess about Indiana school boys, but it is more important to find the right talent with the right fit, regardless of where they might reside.

Reactions: cryano
Yeah, we need to recruit like UK and turn our roster over ever year, so we can max out at the Sweet 16 / Elite 8.
Would you rather max out at the NIT?

Is it possible for anyone to make a more ignorant statement than you just made?

UK in the last 10 years:
7 Elite 8s (70% of the time)
4 Final Fours
1 Title

These are historic numbers. Where do you get maxing out at the Sweet 16 kid?

HS players from Indiana could care less about "Indiana" and "The Name on the Front of the Jersey." Get guys who can rebound and shoot... not just players who can put up points against teams that get beat by 1A schools.

Do you realize three of the starters on the 1975-76 team were from Indiana? Scott May and Quinn Buckner were the only two players from another state.

During the previous season, five of IU's top seven players were from Indiana. They were Laz, Green, Benson, Wilkerson and Abernethy.

Those two teams lost a total of one game. It was during the 1975 NCAA Tournament when Bob Knight played May even though Scott had a broken forearm.

Do you realize three of the starters on the 1975-76 team were from Indiana? Scott May and Quinn Buckner were the only two players from another state.

During the previous season, five of IU's top seven players were from Indiana. They were Laz, Green, Benson, Wilkerson and Abernethy.

Those two teams lost a total of one game. It was during the 1975 NCAA Tournament when Bob Knight played May even though Scott had a broken forearm.
Back then the players arrived on campus on horseback, so it was better if they were in-state.

Reactions: cryano and hondo314
Clifton Moore, Jake Forrester, Damezi Anderson and others say hi back.

You always amaze me with your "takes". There is a HUGE talent difference between the Crean players and the Archie players. Moore and Forrester transferred to the A10, one of the top 7 conferences year in and year out. If DA does transfer, he will end up in a solid program. NONE of the Crean recruits that I mentioned even sniffed an upper level D1 program. Do you see the difference?

You always amaze me with your "takes". There is a HUGE talent difference between the Crean players and the Archie players. Moore and Forrester transferred to the A10, one of the top 7 conferences year in and year out. If DA does transfer, he will end up in a solid program. NONE of the Crean recruits that I mentioned even sniffed an upper level D1 program. Do you see the difference?
I agree that Crean was more extremes. He had more high end talent but he also had more guys who don’t belong in power conferences. Archie just stays in the mediocre range for the most part.

If I had to choose though I’d take Crean’s style. Only 5 can play at a time. Your top end players matter the most.

I agree that Crean was more extremes. He had more high end talent but he also had more guys who don’t belong in power conferences. Archie just stays in the mediocre range for the most part.

If I had to choose though I’d take Crean’s style. Only 5 can play at a time. Your top end players matter the most.

compare the first 2 classes of Crean and Archie- are you serious? I just am amazed at your takes......

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Look what Crean took over. Just stop. Look at Crean from year 3 on.

We are discussing recruiting. why are you changing the topic
? In any case, The recruiting by Archie is solid each year, much better than Crean. Crean signed 5 McDAA in 9 years, along with those incredible reaches that were all any level D1 flops (Priller, April, Marc-Michel, Capo, Muniru , Gelon and others).

Archie has 2 McD AAs in 3 years, and Lander also was a certain Burger Boy. The Archie transfers are Moore, Forrester- to LaSalle and Temple (A10), and Damezi, who will be in a top 7 conference. Archie's inside out approach has solidified IU in Indiana, while Crean "lost the state" in total.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
When you get very good high end guys...it’s tough to recruit behind them...what guard wanted to he Yogis backup for 3 years willing to sign...

You recruit very mediocre - and a mediocre recruit will say yeah, I can beat out that guy...

If you feel Archie hasn’t recruited mediocre and recruits at a high level...than thats a point to his shitty in-game coaching...which I wont argue that point against you...

Would you rather max out at the NIT?

Is it possible for anyone to make a more ignorant statement than you just made?

UK in the last 10 years:
7 Elite 8s (70% of the time)
4 Final Fours
1 Title

These are historic numbers. Where do you get maxing out at the Sweet 16 kid?
You do it constantly.

Reactions: Radio Zero
We are discussing recruiting. why are you changing the topic
? In any case, The recruiting by Archie is solid each year, much better than Crean. Crean signed 5 McDAA in 9 years, along with those incredible reaches that were all any level D1 flops (Priller, April, Marc-Michel, Capo, Muniru , Gelon and others).

Archie has 2 McD AAs in 3 years, and Lander also was a certain Burger Boy. The Archie transfers are Moore, Forrester- to LaSalle and Temple (A10), and Damezi, who will be in a top 7 conference. Archie's inside out approach has solidified IU in Indiana, while Crean "lost the state" in total.
So you’re counting 9 years of Crean but only 3 for Archie? I wonder why...maybe your bias?

Archie is not recruiting better than Crean. The same at best. Neither one is near good enough.

So you’re counting 9 years of Crean but only 3 for Archie? I wonder why...maybe your bias?

Archie is not recruiting better than Crean. The same at best. Neither one is near good enough.
Well, maybe because Archie has only been our coach for 3 years. so silly....

So you count Crean’s first year but not Archie’s? Incredible bias and blindness going on.

Actually I give Crean a 2 year pass. Crean's recruiting year 3 thru 9 is inferior to
archie's recruiting of year's 1 thru 3. Crean had far to many non D1 reaches to sustain the program at a top level. Every one of Archie's recruits have been legit high level conference recruits, including Forrester and Damezi.

Actually, I suspect Virginia has produced as much elite basketball talent over the last half century as Indiana. Especially, big men. But, more to the point, of the 20 NCAA championships this millennium, 16 have been won by schools from states on the Atlantic seaboard, and none of them dominate basketball recruiting in the state where they reside. Also, two of the other championships were won by Kansas and Kentucky, both of whom recruit nationally, if not internationally. I suppose you can obsess about Indiana school boys, but it is more important to find the right talent with the right fit, regardless of where they might reside.
When UConn was winning its national championships it did it completely without players from Connecticut.

Reactions: 73CAV
Actually I give Crean a 2 year pass. Crean's recruiting year 3 thru 9 is inferior to
archie's recruiting of year's 1 thru 3. Crean had far to many non D1 reaches to sustain the program at a top level. Every one of Archie's recruits have been legit high level conference recruits, including Forrester and Damezi.

He's an idiot.

Every coach is measured for their best players, not their worst. No one remember John Wooden’s bench guys. They remember the all Americans. The ones who actually decide games.

Crean’s average class ranking 3-9 is better than Archie’s 1-3. But facts don’t include your bias.

Every coach is measured for their best players, not their worst. No one remember John Wooden’s bench guys. They remember the all Americans. The ones who actually decide games.

Crean’s average class ranking 3-9 is better than Archie’s 1-3. But facts don’t include your bias.
Because of your history, I assume everything you post is a lie pulled straight out of your bung hole. You’ll have to link facts to back up what you say, otherwise it’s assumed to be yet another lie.

And why would you not compare Crean’s first three years to Miller’s. Compare apples to apples.

Because of your history, I assume everything you post is a lie pulled straight out of your bung hole. You’ll have to link facts to back up what you say, otherwise it’s assumed to be yet another lie.

And why would you not compare Crean’s first three years to Miller’s. Compare apples to apples.
Feepaw can only compare road apples to road apples.

Definitely apples to apples scenarios right?

prove it, or I will prove that you are an idiot. Oh,
Lander committed to IU, surprised?

Denny Miller. One of Wooden's bench players. Actually born in Bloomington. Went on to star in "Wagon Train" and other westerns, also played Tarzan. So, I do remember a bench player.

But you told us before the season that this was a top 25 team that could win the conference. We finished 11th. How were you so wrong?
And you said the program was a “dumpster fire” and this was the “worst talent and team” that IU has ever had.
Do you remember that? You were like “Dumpster Fire”! Do you remember? “Worst team”....That was funny. You remember?

Maybe it's just a partial quote - should read "We need more Indiana kids and It Would be nice if We'd grow a Crop of Seven Footers who can Run and Shoot"

Feeblemindedpaw claimed last week that Race Thompson would transfer to a small school where he could get minutes. He's just a very stupid person. And senile. A bad combination

I believe is name translates to For Purdue. He has to be a troll trying to start stuff on our board. He has always posted negative stuff about IU. Surely not a fan if he believes no one has improved on the team. Just saying.

Reactions: minneman
And you said the program was a “dumpster fire” and this was the “worst talent and team” that IU has ever had.
Do you remember that? You were like “Dumpster Fire”! Do you remember? “Worst team”....That was funny. You remember?
Worst team Archie has had is what I said. And I stand by that. He did a better job this year than he did last year. Not good, just better. Last year was historically bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT