ADVERTISEMENT

Thumbnail overview of W. Illinois

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
From S.I.:

Looks like the only possible surprises might be on the defensive side of the ball where their top two players weren't in the game last week... If they show up Friday night we might get a little better workout than expected but it's unlikely that even their presence will be enough to give us a serious scare...

Looks like the perfect match up for a week two tune up to get ready for the trip out west...

The only way we lose this game is if our Team is even more overconfident about this matchup then I am and find several ways to beat themselves...

Last edited:
Cig's glare has been shown on repeat in the locker room.....

Hoping we get a good 3 quarters for the offense to really gel, and we get a bunch of guys rotated in on both sides and keep people fresh.
His distain for the one late game penalty, as seen in the closeup view of prolonged eye closure and clenched teeth, has gotten national exposure through sportsillustrated. com. Hoosier fans haven’t witnessed locked jaw like that since the days of Bill Mallory, who often preached the need for locked jaw determination to his players.

I don’t mind if Cignetti comes across as an asshole to his detractors in his halftime interview. I like mental toughness exhibited in my coaches and presidential leaders. Harris doesn’t have it. Trump does. Cignetti might, but the sample size is too low to say for certain. Early results looks promising.

The video of coach Cignetti that went viral with a clenched jaw shows he coaches to the end of the game no matter the circumstances of the game. It is good to have a HC that can be intense without blowing up on the sideline. We are seeing a coaching staff that are keepers and will change IUFB into the new IUFB team.

Leathernecks were crushed by NIU — they would likely struggle with a top D II team … IU might rush for 600 yds.

Leathernecks were crushed by NIU — they would likely struggle with a top D II team … IU might rush for 600 yds.

A near perfect game would be something like 750 on the ground and 750 thru the air, a 134 to nothing final score (with 2 defensive scores and a safety)... Hard to imagine anyone, anywhere doing better than that just due to time constraints...

I don't know what to expect from us score and numbers wise... Anything less than 59 points would be a bit of a disappointment (to me) but great execution, keeping the penalties at 4 or fewer, no unforced turnovers/errors, no receiver drops, and no injuries is what I'm hoping to see (along with mostly backups from early in the third quarter onward...)... Hopefully we can shut them out too...

Last edited:
Reactions: ESalum86
A near perfect game would be something like 750 on the ground and 750 thru the air, a 134 to nothing final score (with 2 defensive scores and a safety)... Hard to imagine anyone, anywhere doing better than that just due to time constraints...

I don't know what to expect from us score and numbers wise... Anything less than 59 points would be a bit of a disappointment (to me) but great execution, keeping the penalties at 4 or fewer, no unforced turnovers/errors, no receiver drops, and no injuries is what I'm hoping to see (along with mostly backups from early in the third quarter onward...)... Hopefully we can shut them out too
1500 yards of offense? Come on man! Think about pick-6s and shortened fields resulting from turnovers and kick returns. I think the Hoosiers will be hard pressed to generate 750 yards of offense.

• Haha
Reactions: ESalum86
1500 yards of offense? Come on man! Think about pick-6s and shortened fields resulting from turnovers and kick returns. I think the Hoosiers will be hard pressed to generate 750 yards of offense.

I typed "a near perfect game"... I don't expect to see those types of stats from us or anyone else in the country for that matter... Sorry I didn't make that clear... Those numbers are my idea of a close to unreachable platinum standard...

My bad attempt at sarcastic humor.

Edit. Barely got 700 yards of offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1

I don't know what to expect from us score and numbers wise... Anything less than 59 points would be a bit of a disappointment (to me) but great execution, keeping the penalties at 4 or fewer, no unforced turnovers/errors, no receiver drops, and no injuries is what I'm hoping to see (along with mostly backups from early in the third quarter onward...)... Hopefully we can shut them out too...
90 plays at 7 yards is 630 yds total offense … 8-10 scores. It’s hard to run 90 plays or more with a running clock.

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT