ADVERTISEMENT

This message board is OLD, BORING, and BORING

Like I said, you don't "get" it.
Nah, there's something going on here. I can't put my finger on it, but there's a certain cadence to VanPastor's posts, especially tonight, that is similar to McNutts. I'm guessing that someone has constructed not one, but two, of the greatest fake internet persona ever created. A master stroke - pure genius.

Yup - I'm calling it.

Sope - well done.

Reactions: FrankTGucker
I still see it as out of the blue because I was saying something nice about you guys. I even told some of the folks at the church when you passed the bar. For crying out loud it doesn't pay to be nice around here.

I like ya Van.

Pay no attention to the Pharisees and pagans here. They prolly just got sprinkled instead of dunked. In Heaven, they'll prolly clean outhouses while you play golf. 'Cept for Goat - he'll spend his days telling God what He got wrong.

Last edited:
cat-gun.jpg
Is that Megatron?

350px-G1Megatron_toy.jpg

Short version: claims that the Christ myth has been based on older deities have been around for a while, but they never stand up to scrutiny. Clearly the full Christian mythology as it developed owes some thanks to various other mythologies, including Greek and Zoroastrian. But the idea that there are a bunch of other gods that match up with Jesus on all these specific details is just hogwash, based on conjecture and misinterpretation. The history of myth simply isn't that neat and clean. Certain aspects of the Christ myth can be easily explained by reference to the actual situation of early Christians, without need to make conjectures about gods that might have existed, and without appeal to gods we know existed, but for whom we don't have evidence regarding the specific details. For example: it's true that death and rebirth is a common motif in many mythologies. It's probably a mythical universal. But the story of Jesus' resurrection was the direct result of a very specific event: he got killed, and his followers were not expecting it. The resurrection was how they explained his death. We don't need to suppose that maybe it had something to do with Mithra or Horus or whatever. The idea that a divine being could rise from the dead was readily accepted by everyone. They didn't need specific gods to prove it. It was common knowledge it could happen, so they decided that must be what happened to Jesus, because his death simply didn't fit in their worldview.

EDIT: Please note the fine line I'm drawing. I'm not saying the Christ myth was unique in any way. I'm just saying the idea that the Christians picked and chose from specific other gods is unfounded. They were just using the various explanations available to them at the time.

You misspelled Mothra.

I like ya Van.

Pay no attention to the Pharisees and pagans here. They prolly just got sprinkled instead of dunked. In Heaven, they'll prolly clean outhouses while you play golf. 'Cept for Goat - he'll spend his days telling God what he got wrong.

I'm proud to be a pagan. My religion makes more sense and doesn't have a hell.

Nice slam on goat.

It's Yahweh, whose Son died a sacrificial death for you. And what do you do? You make light of it. Sorry, but that doesn't fly with me. It's like you calling my mother a name and then telling me to just, "lighten up". Jesus means that much to me. Do you got it?
stfu ...

I'm proud to be a pagan. My religion makes more sense and doesn't have a hell.

Nice slam on goat.
Sometimes I clean the church bathrooms even down here on Earth. At our church we take turn as families to clean the church to save money. Our family cleans 12 times a yr or so. I clean the bathrooms so my wife and kids don't have to. Therefore I would clean them in Heaven if I have to. What is really going on with some people on this board is they hate God even though they say He doesn't exist. You can't have that much disdain for something that doesn't exist. They don't disdain the tooth fairy or the Easter Bunny. They hate God. This is their problem. And the truth is though I have pastor in my name and a quote from a Christian pastor every time I post, I have not been an in your face kind of Christian on this board. Yet I get mocked and more importantly the God who sent His Son to die for the people on this board gets mocked. Why they hate Him for such a loving act I do not know. But it is there. Will I still love them? Yes, I will. Will I call them on their hatred for the God of the Universe. Sometimes I will,but not all the time.

Sometimes I clean the church bathrooms even down here on Earth. At our church we take turn as families to clean the church to save money. Our family cleans 12 times a yr or so. I clean the bathrooms so my wife and kids don't have to. Therefore I would clean them in Heaven if I have to. What is really going on with some people on this board is they hate God even though they say He doesn't exist. You can't have that much disdain for something that doesn't exist. They don't disdain the tooth fairy or the Easter Bunny. They hate God. This is their problem. And the truth is though I have pastor in my name and a quote from a Christian pastor every time I post, I have not been an in your face kind of Christian on this board. Yet I get mocked and more importantly the God who sent His Son to die for the people on this board gets mocked. Why they hate Him for such a loving act I do not know. But it is there. Will I still love them? Yes, I will. Will I call them on their hatred for the God of the Universe. Sometimes I will,but not all the time.
No, jerkface, that isn't it at all. We can't "hate" something we don't believe exists but we can be annoyed by the idiots that do believe. You're like the last child in 3rd grade to still believe in Santa Claus, while everyone else has grown up and gotten more intelligent and grown beyond believing in magic, you're still stuck in a fantasy land where being "good" brings you presents.. then you have the audacity to condescend.. that's where it becomes annoying.

And, anyone that worships a God that blackmails it's children with eternal suffering as punishment if they don't worship him, is worshipping an evil God. That is without doubt an evil act and basically the thought of a sociopath. I know you're too dumb to understand that concept but there it is.

Last edited:
No, jerkface, that isn't it at all. We can't "hate" something we don't believe exists but we can be annoyed by the idiots that do believe. You're like the last child in 3rd grade to still believe in Santa Claus, while everyone else has grown up and gotten more intelligent and grown beyond believing in magic, you're still stuck in a fantasy land where being "good" brings you presents.. then you have the audacity to condescend.. that's where it becomes annoying.

And, anyone that worships a God that blackmails it's children with eternal suffering as punishment if they don't worship him, is worshipping an evil God. That is without doubt an evil act and basically the thought of a sociopath. I know you're too dumb to understand that concept but there it is.
Gonna be here all week?

I don't think anyone here hates God, Van. Some people here might hate Christians, but that's not the same thing.

Well said......and for the record, I hate stupidity. And there's nothing more stupid than believing something to be true even though there is absolutely no credible evidence supporting the claim....i.e. religion.

God is truly the Santa Claus for adults.

Reactions: burnthemallralphie

You are one of my favorite posters.

Well said......and for the record, I hate stupidity. And there's nothing more stupid than believing something to be true even though there is absolutely no credible evidence supporting the claim....i.e. religion.

God is truly the Santa Claus for adults.

Hate is never well said.

Letg me show you:

Calling billions of believers stupid is stupid.
Atheists are all assholes.
Never met one who wasn't a prick from the DNA out.
Arrogant and selfish to the core.
Would abandon a friend in a heart beat.

My certainty is as stupid as yours and Fawkeses

Good will or STFU
Live and let live

Hate is never well said.

Letg me show you:

Calling billions of believers stupid is stupid.
Atheists are all assholes.
Never met one who wasn't a prick from the DNA out.
Arrogant and selfish to the core.
Would abandon a friend in a heart beat.

My certainty is as stupid as yours and Fawkeses

Good will or STFU
Live and let live

Everyone knows that Efrafa is the only true God.

Live and let live while one group of atomic bomb owning myth worshippers has had three leaders who believed the voice in their head is God? When four officials on a committee on climate change believe God will fix it? While one group of worshippers are looking for a nuke to blow up the other group of worshippers, each believing the other is worshiping incorrectly and are willing to blow you and themselves up to proove it?.

Ugh, no. FO!

That live and let live crap is for pussies..Blow it up! Blow it all up!

Last edited:
Dick Van Patten Man,

I don't hate Jesus. I do hate Old Testament God. Old Testament God can suck my dick. He, if he existed, is a genocidal maniac. I respect your choice to believe in this. I don't hate you. I think Biblical Jesus is a true badass. My guess is true life Jesus was probably an even bigger badass, but the early Catholic Church probably / maybe deleted those scenes from the screenplay.

My problem is with the Christ Cult and its members. When I have Christians tell me that God wouldn't allow global warming or pollution, therefore it doesn't exist, I want to scream. I also want to scream when Christians try to impose their beliefs on me, or tell me my gay relatives are going to burn in hell while they are also sinners on their third marriage.

As I said earlier, the OTF isn't a forum for your beliefs. It is a forum for tits, fart jokes, and an online chronicle of C$'s journey to becoming Cap's boy toy.

Reactions: Hoops Cat
Nah, there's something going on here. I can't put my finger on it, but there's a certain cadence to VanPastor's posts, especially tonight, that is similar to McNutts. I'm guessing that someone has constructed not one, but two, of the greatest fake internet persona ever created. A master stroke - pure genius.

Yup - I'm calling it.

Sope - well done.

I've been saying this for a bit. I don't believe this poster is real. Not for a second.

I've been saying this for a bit. I don't believe this poster is real. Not for a second.
Scary isn't it .. the first post I read of his was him telling people it was okay to call Japanese "Japs" because they killed our people in WW2. Worst Christian ever... .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT