ADVERTISEMENT

This is interesting. We're experiencing a drastic reduction in poverty as a result of all the free money. The crazy progressives

No one will dispute there are abuses. That doesn't mean the scheme as a whole is unworkable or meritless. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good and all that.
Is it working now? No, and I just gave an example where massive cash outlays are given out.

But the deniers will always come up with some excuse, like "Well, it wouldn't be that way with monthly payments".

Bullshit. Handing out cash for not working is not a solution. It's a band-aid, and not an effective one.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Is it working now? No, and I just gave an example where massive cash outlays are given out.

But the deniers will always come up with some excuse, like "Well, it wouldn't be that way with monthly payments".

Bullshit. Handing out cash for not working is not a solution. It's a band-aid, and not an effective one.
It’s not a bandaid, it’s a way to kill dreams and create chaos, so those “gifted” the cash will ask for more… and reward those who gladly write* an USA check to give it to them.
It’s appreciated suicide.

*"right" wasn't right. oops

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
It’s not a bandaid, it’s a way to kill dreams and create chaos, so those “gifted” the cash will ask for more… and reward those who gladly right an USA check to give it to them.
It’s appreciated suicide.
You’re only looking at it from one angle. It’s worth visiting to see whether it would shrink the size of gov while granting folks a sense of autonomy.

And maybe it’s not viable, but throwing money at the same issues by way of the same programs isn’t working either

You’re only looking at it from one angle. It’s worth visiting to see whether it would shrink the size of gov while granting folks a sense of autonomy.

And maybe it’s not viable, but throwing money at the same issues by way of the same programs isn’t working either
I actually started tracking along side of you, back about 3000 post ago. You brought up the idea of it potentially shrinking or replacing current programs. That allowed me to think a little differently, But these items are only a good starting point to discuss. I would require much more.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT