ADVERTISEMENT

They are drinking the Kool-Aid in Georgia!

Had to love (hate) this quote:

"The shooting percentage, that has to go up," Crean said. "You can look at a lot of different statistics but the shooting percentage has to go up."

NFS, Sherlock. Still the same - all O. Which is why UGA will be better but never really good. Crean’s act will play well at a football school where expectations aren’t high.

Ugggggh!:confused:

I just saw Cody attempting to drive -again - on the Syracuse zone instead of taking the open shot at the FT line.

Helluva way to start the morning. Thanks, TMP . . . :mad::D

The reason it didn't work is because he needed to take an extra dribble! It's amazing how blind Crean is/was to his own deficiencies in coaching.

Reactions: IUgradman
In three weeks Crean has hyped himself and the program like he does.

He re-recruited a five star point guard who was committed to Georgia. He supposedly told him that he loved him. Kid was like whoa and committed to Kentucky.

Then he lost his main leftover coach, the one who is a Georgia legacy, the one who many fans we're saying the combo of him with Crean was going to be a recruiting force, the one who went with Crean to recruit said five star...that coach went to Xavier.

And for fun because we all know how much of a Crean fan I am...this gem was posted. Who knows if it's true but it's being treated as.

To be fair, many last year thought IU could make a run in the tourney.
If we had taken the advice Tom Crean just gave about increasing shooting percentage, we might have had a chance. I'm surprised CAM didn't think of that. How did we let a genius like Tom Crean leave? And the focus on letting big men handle the ball more will work out perfectly! *sarcasm off*

The initial excitement may boost the program for a while. His performance will keep him there for a while as long as their football program does well and distracts the fans into January. They always have spring football practice to look forward to.

Didn't we?
I gave him a pass his first year. They showed up, played hard and didn't quit.That is about all I expected to see with that group.

In the following years, his scripted substitutions and lack of awareness on the court were irritating. Speeding up the tempo before the team learned to value the ball irritated me. His defense was atrocious. I lost any confidence in him after he admitted they were switching defenses during a possession by design. Only an idiot would do that. It explains how players were always out of position and not playing the same defense

He always seemed to be trying to test theories someone that had never played basketball would dream up. He must have thought he would be seen as a basketball genius if his crazy theories could work. Curious what assistant coaches have signed on.

I gave him a pass his first year. They showed up, played hard and didn't quit.That is about all I expected to see with that group.

In the following years, his scripted substitutions and lack of awareness on the court were irritating. Speeding up the tempo before the team learned to value the ball irritated me. His defense was atrocious. I lost any confidence in him after he admitted they were switching defenses during a possession by design. Only an idiot would do that. It explains how players were always out of position and not playing the same defense

He always seemed to be trying to test theories someone that had never played basketball would dream up. He must have thought he would be seen as a basketball genius if his crazy theories could work. Curious what assistant coaches have signed on.
So he sees himself as the Doc Brown of the college basketball coaching world. Agreed. One point twenty one gigawatts.

I think it would be funny if Tom Crean is very successful at Georgia, by Bulldog standards. I hold no animosity towards the man. He didn't cheat. He won two outright regular season Big Ten Championships while winning a Coach of the Year Award in doing so. He recruited fairly well and seemed to be able to make stars out of some who weren't "one and done" type talent. What Tom does in life from here on out is no concern of mine, but if he does well, I am fine with that, as well.

I think it would be funny if Tom Crean is very successful at Georgia, by Bulldog standards. I hold no animosity towards the man. He didn't cheat. He won two outright regular season Big Ten Championships while winning a Coach of the Year Award in doing so. He recruited fairly well and seemed to be able to make stars out of some who weren't "one and done" type talent. What Tom does in life from here on out is no concern of mine, but if he does well, I am fine with that, as well.
nobody is denying that, but it's also fun to pick at him

In three weeks Crean has hyped himself and the program like he does.

He re-recruited a five star point guard who was committed to Georgia. He supposedly told him that he loved him. Kid was like whoa and committed to Kentucky.

Then he lost his main leftover coach, the one who is a Georgia legacy, the one who many fans we're saying the combo of him with Crean was going to be a recruiting force, the one who went with Crean to recruit said five star...that coach went to Xavier.

And for fun because we all know how much of a Crean fan I am...this gem was posted. Who knows if it's true but it's being treated as.

That's a dumb tweet.

Why only Diet Cokes? That $44-88 dollars is meaningless to all the wasted dollars in the recruiting budget. And he was staying in an 'avg hotel' after all. Not an expensive money hole. I hate that I have put this even this much thought into it. Who give a FF?

Reactions: iu papa
nobody is denying that, but it's also fun to pick at him
He was a bit overzealous in his penchant to clap when offering his hand at encouragement. He hiked up his pants a lot which is really no big deal, save for the fact he often had his tongue hanging out at the same time. Now, that was pretty cute and certainly cause for a snicker or two. Oh, and let's not forget his quintessential look of dumbfounding consternation as seen in his Big Ten Network interview. He'll have to take that one with him to his grave. That said, I do truly wish him well.

He was a bit overzealous in his penchant to clap when offering his hand at encouragement. He hiked up his pants a lot which is really no big deal, save for the fact he often had his tongue hanging out at the same time. Now, that was pretty cute and certainly cause for a snicker or two. Oh, and let's not forget his quintessential look of dumbfounding consternation as seen in his Big Ten Network interview. He'll have to take that one with him to his grave. That said, I do truly wish him well.
yea..I often told my friend..he really could have owned that "weird" guy type personality..but he stretched too far into the "creepy" category.

yea..I often told my friend..he really could have owned that "weird" guy type personality..but he stretched too far into the "creepy" category.
He was/is a fast talker and seemed to be going 100 mph all the time, but not in a good way. He is like the puppy that runs and jumps on you because he is excited to see you and then pees on the floor. Contrast him with Archie who seems to be thinking and planning his next move and doesn't pee on the floor.

That's a dumb tweet.

Why only Diet Cokes? That $44-88 dollars is meaningless to all the wasted dollars in the recruiting budget. And he was staying in an 'avg hotel' after all. Not an expensive money hole. I hate that I have put this even this much thought into it. Who give a FF?

Nice to see you posting again...where the f have you and hottie been?

It's just a weird story. Zillionaire coach taking all of the diet Cokes and having his gopher collect all the receipts so he can expense it.

Sounds David Lee Roth ish.

Maybe he was just having a go with the Gopher. Maybe that's just how he rolls.

He was/is a fast talker and seemed to be going 100 mph all the time, but not in a good way. He is like the puppy that runs and jumps on you because he is excited to see you and then pees on the floor. Contrast him with Archie who seems to be thinking and planning his next move and doesn't pee on the floor.

Great comedy here, especially the peeing part. :D

Reactions: raw21960
He is s good fit for Georgia, less expectations and they overall are less knowledgeable so they won’t notice the issues we did.

Reactions: kmathum
Here's a perspective with a little more balance, from a journalist who's a UK grad and former columnist at the Louisville Courier-Journal who is now at the Atlanta Journal Constitution: https://www.myajc.com/blog/mark-bra...shton-hagans-kentucky/lPoUeVHEKrdkIqYbJSI63H/. The fact is, nobody in Georgia can trash Crean yet because he just got here, and no one wants to undercut the local university's hire before it's clear there's reason to do so. So just like most folks gave Crean plenty or room and rope to hang himself with at IU when he first got there (me included), folks down here will do the same.

That said, I'd say that reading between Bradley's lines in that post tells me an awful lot about what Crean's gonna be in for if his tenure at UGA follows what we saw at IU . . . and chief among that will be whether Crean can keep Georgia talent in-state. Sound familiar?

He is s good fit for Georgia, less expectations and they overall are less knowledgeable so they won’t notice the issues we did.
He will have the success he had a Marquette, I have no doubt, sans the final four. But there will always be potential to get over the hump into the tourney. Just like many of us hoped against all hope starting year 4. Then we realized CZ was coached to forgo his 10 foot open shot in the crease of the zone to run into 3 lengthy players at the baseline. I blasted that game on the board and I then realized there was absolutely no brain in that coach's head to possibly correct what he was witnessing.

Edit: I kept calling him a couch... Not sure what that means but I feel it pertinent.

Last edited:
Reactions: travlinhoosier
He will have the success he had a Marquette, I have no doubt, sans the final four. But there will always be potential to get over the hump into the tourney. Just like many of us hoped against all hope starting year 4. Then we realized CZ was coached to forgo his 10 foot open shot in the crease of the zone to run into 3 lengthy players at the baseline. I blasted that game on the board and I then realized there was absolutely no brain in that coach's head to possibly correct what he was witnessing.

Edit: I kept calling him a couch... Not sure what that means but I feel it pertinent.
Never has a 7 foot guy been blocked so many times as Cody was under Crean.

Compare that to the footwork that Morgan has showed us in one season under Archie . . . .

Reactions: IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT