ADVERTISEMENT

There is a problem with this.

10% is huge. There is no cost of anything. 95% of the fanbase doesn’t even know who these guys are.

Yes, I’m a alum and have donated quite a bit to both collectives. Are you an alum? Have you contributed to NIL?
Yes, and as I have said here more than once, all of our NIL contributions have been, and will continue to be, to H4G. No reason to support anything these guys are attached to.

What friend/teammate was on IU or committed to IU when JHS committed?
What? You're saying you don't know? Shocking.

JHS and Xavier spent time together when they both lived in Pittsburgh - you know, that school where X used to play and where JHS had previously committed. And Malik wasn't the only Monteverde player IU offered in that class, so technically maybe should have said 'friend and/or Teammate'. JHS also played against Kaleb Banks (who had already signed with IU) on the AAU circuit though I've no idea if their relationship was anything other than strictly competitive.

Better question is why you credit the Hysteric Hosers rather than Hunter and Woodson with landing Hood-Schifino. Nothing about his Mom that suggests she or her son were/are for sale to the highest bidder, so spare us the 'anyone with any sense knows' BS. You need specifics to back your contention that HH sealed the deal for IU over Tennessee.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
i know i sound old and bitter, but i dropped all social media 5 years ago and i'm never going back.

as for the $, well....$ is speech now. Good luck keeping it out of anything. Politics. Amateur-ish sports. Etc
Isn’t this social media too … and you’re still here ;^)

Reactions: birdforbogey
With a name like Hoosier Hysterics … they can claim to be a protected class … satire, or parody … could be hard to dislodge. Click bait is the bane of the internet.

JHS and Xavier spent time together when they both lived in Pittsburgh - you know, that school where X used to play and where JHS had previously committed. And Malik wasn't the only Monteverde player IU offered in that class, so technically maybe should have said 'friend and/or Teammate'. JHS also played against Kaleb Banks (who had already signed with IU) on the AAU circuit though I've no idea if their relationship was anything other than strictly competitive.

Better question is why you credit the Hysteric Hosers rather than Hunter and Woodson with landing Hood-Schifino. Nothing about his Mom that suggests she or her son were/are for sale to the highest bidder, so spare us the 'anyone with any sense knows' BS. You need specifics to back your contention that HH sealed the deal for IU over Tennessee.

He was obviously looking for attention with the JHS would not have came here w/o the hysterics line. I mean think about that... it really is laughable. He thought this collective was the end all be all? He thinks so highly of them he has 3 links about NIL in his bio on instagram. Mentions he is a HFG athlete, seems proud of that. Wonder why he isn't proud to be a Barnum and Bailey ambassador? You would think the reason he came to IU would get a mention with all his other NIL deals.

Lol you trying to act like XJ and JHS were close friends because they were from the same geographical location? JHS was the first Montverde player to commit to us. Malik had nothing to do with it.

You are a fool. I never credited NIL as being the only reason we got JHS, dumbass. It was a big part of the collection of reasons we got him though. That will be the case in every recruitment moving forward.

Why are you so enamored with these guys? Even if all your points were true as an IU alum they are embarrassing
They provide a lot of money to IU players and money is now the most important thing in recruiting. I want IU to become relevant again, and the only way that happens is with great players.

He is young, made a staunch opinion about them, and won't back away from it. He will learn.
Lol you are like 5 years older than me. Let us know when you release the video of Tamar’s favorite color. I will definitely watch that one.

Lol you trying to act like XJ and JHS were close friends because they were from the same geographical location? JHS was the first Montverde player to commit to us. Malik had nothing to do with it.

You are a fool. I never credited NIL as being the only reason we got JHS, dumbass. It was a big part of the collection of reasons we got him though. That will be the case in every recruitment moving forward.
I said "friend", not "close" friend, which is someone's take on it who knows more than I (and certainly you) based on them "hanging out together". And who said I was referring to Malik? I wasn't, but then if you were half as smart as you imagine you'd have known that. So who's the real fool/dumbass? It's OK, already know the answer.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I said "friend", not "close" friend, which is someone's take on it who knows more than I (and certainly you) based on them "hanging out together". And who said I was referring to Malik? I wasn't, but then if you were half as smart as you imagine you'd have known that. So who's the real fool/dumbass? It's OK, already know the answer.
Who was the teammate you were referring to?

Dang, in 5 years I can be a lonely dude who smokes weed evey day and pays college kids to hang out. #Goals
Buying girls dinner is not paying them to sleep with you. We have been over this. ;). Im not lonely champ.

He had no teammate on the team or committed at the time of his commitment. You could just admit you were wrong.
Gawd but you're thick. I never said "committed". I said "offered".

You have yet to present a single shred of evidence backing your claim that the Hosers were instrumental/critical in securing JHS's commitment. Nothing. Zip, zilch, nada, bupkus. Maybe put up or shut up.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Gawd but you're thick. I never said "committed". I said "offered".

You have yet to present a single shred of evidence backing your claim that the Hosers were instrumental/critical in securing JHS's commitment. Nothing. Zip, zilch, nada, bupkus. Maybe put up or shut up.
Lol no you didn’t. You said he committed here to play with “friends/teammates”. The Alzheimer’s flaring up again?

Lol no you didn’t. You said he committed here to play with “friends/teammates”. The Alzheimer’s flaring up again?
Yawn. "The opportunity to continue playing with his friend/Teammate..." - an 'opportunity' is just that and inherently unrealized. While no other then current MonteVerde player had committed to IU at the time JHS did, IU had offered another MV Player, hence the 'opportunity' existed.

Still not seeing any evidence that HH "played a huge part in his commitment". Should we then assume you have absolutely nothing to offer on this other than your gaseous opinion?

Yawn. "The opportunity to continue playing with his friend/Teammate..." - an 'opportunity' is just that and inherently unrealized. While no other then current MonteVerde player had committed to IU at the time JHS did, IU had offered another MV Player, hence the 'opportunity' existed.

Still not seeing any evidence that HH "played a huge part in his commitment". Should we then assume you have absolutely nothing to offer on this other than your gaseous opinion?
Lol you are full of shit. JHS did not commit in hopes one of his teammates would also commit in the future.

Of the money given out by the two collectives, they are responsible for 35.7%.

JHS is not on the team without the Hoosier Hysterics.
You do realize you are accusing IU of recruiting violations with your assertion JHS was induced to IU with the promise of money? Right? I'd be real careful with that claim.

But it's a laughable claim. Their collective was formed the same month JHS committed. So basically the promise that two goofy dudes could down the road maybe secure enough cash to make it worth JHS' time, when every other school was making the same claims with similar boosters, was what convinced JHS to go to IU? Just how stupid do you think this kid is?

And you keep throwing out that 750k figure with no evidence. The Fan Fest money did not come from the collective. Where is your evidence that the collective alone has raised 750k?

Things I know for a fact, because I know people at IU:

- The HH collective has generated less than 200k in contributions and very little lately. HFG is well north of $1m and growing fast.
- The new Hoosiers Connect initiative involving Jared Jeffries and Colin Hartman was encouraged by IU Athletics, and the hope is that it will marginalize the Hysterics guys because they see them as a reputational risk
- The HH guys pivoted to football yesterday because they recognize their influence is rapidly declining and they are desperate to stay relevant. They even tried to take down another football NIL effort (Bloomington NIL) to promote their own football fund, which is a low class move that angered a lot of folks within IU.

Things I know for a fact, because I know people at IU:

- The HH collective has generated less than 200k in contributions and very little lately. HFG is well north of $1m and growing fast.
- The new Hoosiers Connect initiative involving Jared Jeffries and Colin Hartman was encouraged by IU Athletics, and the hope is that it will marginalize the Hysterics guys because they see them as a reputational risk
- The HH guys pivoted to football yesterday because they recognize their influence is rapidly declining and they are desperate to stay relevant. They even tried to take down another football NIL effort (Bloomington NIL) to promote their own football fund, which is a low class move that angered a lot of folks within IU.
I believe this and makes sense but you will get told different by HH fans who number in the hundreds. I’m as sure as I can be that IU is tired of hearing about them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT