ADVERTISEMENT

The words of a tyrant

Would you be cool with the next R president making you eat beef 3 nights per week because he believed it was what's best for you and had studies citing the health benefits of a diet that includes meat?? Even vegans?
First off Hills, nice to see you posting. I didn't see you much on the three boards I peruse and not going to lie, I was concerned. So, yay!

To answer your question, like the abortion comparison, the crux is that this is a contagion. In the comparative examples your behavior really only impacts your behavior and your life at a general level. If me eating hamburgers all day made you and your family really sick....well that changes things.

Vaccinations are not 100%, they are just the most effective weapon that we have right now.

We're at war with a virus that's like a forest fire. We can put as much fire resistant material on our houses as we can but if 40% of my neighborhood is basically dry kindling and is going to be engulfed in flames, giving it more fuel, well my protection will probably get overwhelmed.

Which has always been the key in my pov. The more people protected makes it much harder for the virus to find hosts and spread.

Reactions: HillzHoozier
First off Hills, nice to see you posting. I didn't see you much on the three boards I peruse and not going to lie, I was concerned. So, yay!

To answer your question, like the abortion comparison, the crux is that this is a contagion. In the comparative examples your behavior really only impacts your behavior and your life at a general level. If me eating hamburgers all day made you and your family really sick....well that changes things.

Vaccinations are not 100%, they are just the most effective weapon that we have right now.

We're at war with a virus that's like a forest fire. We can put as much fire resistant material on our houses as we can but if 40% of my neighborhood is basically dry kindling and is going to be engulfed in flames, giving it more fuel, well my protection will probably get overwhelmed.

Which has always been the key in my pov. The more people protected makes it much harder for the virus to find hosts and spread.
I agree with most of what you say, especially the part about me posting.

I kid..

I got the shot as soon as I was eligible. I have let my resistant family and friends know I got it, and I think they should too. Hell mine was drive-thru! It's easy and free, and part of being a responsible citizen, in my view. But I dont push.

You lose me when you want to coerce people who don't agree with us to to make a medical choice that was right for us, but might not be right for them. Even Fauci can't say that covid survivors need a shot.

Lastly, the people getting sick are still mostly from the same demo as before--the sick and frail, the immuno-compromised. To me, their choice has been made to forgo the vaccine. They have had ample time to get it if they wanted it. The consequences of that choice is on them. We take care of them as we do life-long smokers who contract lung cancer. And we keep on keeping on..

Reactions: TommyCracker
"If Biden gave a shit about the health of Americans, he wouldn't be letting a million illegal migrants a year through the door during a pandemic."

Do you have a credible, non-wingnut source for this ridiculously hyperbolic nonsense? It's Sept basically 8 mos into the initial year of his term, and you're writing ignorant crap like "a million a year"?

We understand that stupid GOP politicians and looney right wing nut jobs are spreading this nonsense and it's being swallowed by people who don't even stop to think how ludicrous it sounds. Some of them believe in lizard people and pizza parlor sex shops as well. But do you really have to come here and spread such nonsense in a forum where high school dropouts are not prevalent?
900,000 as of May and nearly 200,000 a month since then. A million is a gross under-calculation.

You know that though. You post Moby Dick sized posts everyday with all sorts of news links. You aren't fooling anyone playing dumb in order to avoid inconvenient facts.

What do you say to the millions of people who have survived their case of covid 19 and therefore view the vaccine as an unnecessary medical procedure? My unvaxxed dad doesn't scare me because I'm vaxxed. See how that works?

As to the latter, I'm sure there is a blood test for protein levels. If the vegans in my ridiculous scenario test weekly for adequate protein levels then they could avoid the requirement to eat meat. But why go to all that trouble when meat is readily available etc etc etc

You're welcome to pick anything else which you find abhorrent to substitute for eating meat. Imagine trump forcing it on you. You wouldn't like it if u told you "Trump was just being a mean daddy because he was trying to save you" would you?
Make him go to religious services weekly...for his health.

Reactions: HillzHoozier
All current and former presidents at 911 memorials except Carter at age 96, and Trump no where to found. He’s actually announcing a boxing match tonight.

Great work to get him elected you clowns. Just great.

I kid..

I got the shot as soon as I was eligible. I have let my resistant family and friends know I got it, and I think they should too. Hell mine was drive-thru! It's easy and free, and part of being a responsible citizen, in my view. But I dont push.

You lose me when you want to coerce people who don't agree with us to to make a medical choice that was right for us, but might not be right for them. Even Fauci can't say that covid survivors need a shot.

Lastly, the people getting sick are still mostly from the same demo as before--the sick and frail, the immuno-compromised. To me, their choice has been made to forgo the vaccine. They have had ample time to get it if they wanted it. The consequences of that choice is on them. We take care of them as we do life-long smokers who contract lung cancer. And we keep on keeping on..

What about the people who are dying from other issues because these anti-vaxers made a choice and are now filling up the hospital beds? Those other people didn't make a choice to have no where to go to get medical help.

The gop is so concerned about unborn babies that women shouldn't have a choice but grown adults must have a choice even if it leads to other people dying.

What about the people who are dying from other issues because these anti-vaxers made a choice and are now filling up the hospital beds? Those other people didn't make a choice to have no where to go to get medical help.
How many we talking about? I saw the link about one. You talking about making national policy over one unfortunate outcome? Five? Ten?

Reactions: Crayfish57

I kid..

You wrote that the vaccinated have made a "medical choice" to get vaccinated.

Do you really think the non-vaccinated are truly making a "medical" decision not to get vaccinated?

I don't hear the non-vaccinated saying they made a "medical" decision based on recommendations of their own physician after a physical examination or their own personal reviews of the vaccine literature of the JAMA, Johns Hopkins site, WHO, CDC, vaccine companies, clinical research sites or any other legitimate medical source.

Instead, I hear them saying loudly that they believe it is their personal freedom to refuse both vaccine and masks and still circulate their droplets without restriction among their co-workers and fellow shoppers and travelers. Those are political considerations, not medical considerations.

Claiming "I don't know what's in the vaccine" or "I read on Facebook that vaccine is a bad idea" isn't a political rationale but it's not a medical reason either.

I'd like to hear someone explain how the non-vaccinated are truly making "medical decisions."

Reactions: IU_Hickory
How many we talking about? I saw the link about one. You talking about making national policy over one unfortunate outcome? Five? Ten?

I think you are short a few digits on the number of people dying from not getting medical treatment due to lack of beds. We have had that many in one city.

All current and former presidents at 911 memorials except Carter at age 96, and Trump no where to found. He’s actually announcing a boxing match tonight.

Great work to get him elected you clowns. Just great.
Why would a narcissist from New York City with dreams of running for President in 2024 want to show that he cares about 9/11?

After all, they didn't fly airplanes into his buildings, did they?

The gop is so concerned about unborn babies that women shouldn't have a choice but grown adults must have a choice even if it leads to other people dying.
Part of the Rightwingers' criticism of abortion is claiming that the women who want abortions are just trying to avoid the economic consequences of raising a child.

But the same Rightwingers who oppose Covid shutdowns (as well as opposing masks and vaccines) loudly claim that the country simply must avoid the economic consequences of these measures, no matter how much they would benefit health.

So, Rightwingers care about economic consequences for political reasons and also don't care about economic consequences for other political reasons. No wonder they flock to the GOP (or at least tell the GOP they do).

Handwringing from the left.

Bulk, am I applying this correctly here?
You're crazy.

I'm not handwringing. I'm showing this to Trump:
1f595-1f3fb.png

Should we be forcing the vaccination on people crossing the southern border? What do you think about the unvaccinated people of India who live in ground zero for the Delta variant? Will you get a new shot when there is a new variant from there, or Brazil or elsewhere? Do you think we can stop covid?
Do they work for the US Government or do business directly with the government? That's what this mandates.

And yes...if a shot that takes 15 minutes out of my day will keep me from dying a horrible death, then I definitely will get it. Why are you so pro-virus?

Professor Feldman misses the point. The question is not whether vaccines can be mandated, the question is whether the federal government can mandate them. States have plenary power to legislate in the public interests. The federal government does not have plenary power. This is why Biden has to butcher OSHA to do this.
No he doesn't.

Do they work for the US Government or do business directly with the government? That's what this mandates.

And yes...if a shot that takes 15 minutes out of my day will keep me from dying a horrible death, then I definitely will get it. Why are you so pro-virus?
Pro-natural selection, which you’ve professed an appreciation for.

900,000 as of May and nearly 200,000 a month since then. A million is a gross under-calculation.

You know that though. You post Moby Dick sized posts everyday with all sorts of news links. You aren't fooling anyone playing dumb in order to avoid inconvenient facts.
I guess it's a matter of semantics. When you said "thru the door" I equated that with "illegal entries", which is not how I would characterize border apprehensions. I thought you were claiming a million people had entered the US illegally and were on the run...

And to be honest, I can't even read your WAPO link because my free articles have run out.
So I'm just replying on the basis of what I was able to read prior to the page freezing up and blocking my access.I did find this fact check from politifact, but it's from March...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT