ADVERTISEMENT

The root cause of Trump - Gary Hart

Clowns believe obviously false conspiracy theories. Name a conspiracy theory that you believe to have been proven true? Controlled demolition charges brought down the WTC towers? Americans never landed on the moon? Trump lost the 2020 election due to massive voter fraud? You're very defensive so you must believe in some obviously false conspiracy theories and conspiracy theorists always claim their theories have been proved true when no such proof exists.
Russian collusion. Hunter's laptop. Etc., etc., etc.

Reactions: IUSUMMERS
Losing power? If a man has a family he wants to provide for them. Wat are you talking about?
Uh what were you talking about when you started it? Straight white men should not apply? And what in the world does a man providing for his family have to do with ANY of that?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Many of us single digit millionaires got there the hard way - by working normal jobs, living within our means (more or less), and saving for retirement.

I don't really think about, or care about, anyone with more money.
I think the point is that a lot of hard working people who are also financially responsible are struggling. Look at housing prices. Look at college costs. People can do everything “right” and still feel left out.

I think the point is that a lot of hard working people who are also financially responsible are struggling. Look at housing prices. Look at college costs. People can do everything “right” and still feel left out.

I worked hard and lived frugally my whole life. I'll take credit for my few, minor successes and will own my numerous failings. The only thing I ever asked for was some kind of break on the cost of health coverage so my wife could get the care she needs. That made me a lazy, worthless taker.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
I worked hard and lived frugally my whole life. I'll take credit for my few, minor successes and will own my numerous failings. The only thing I ever asked for was some kind of break on the cost of health coverage so my wife could get the care she needs. That made me a lazy, worthless taker.
I thought you wanted your full social security payments, too?

Moocher.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Getting the health care system in line should be everyone’s number one priority. I don’t have the answers, but it’s an absolute mess.

Life isn't 100% guaranteed. But you were saying there is no hope if you're not a billionaire. That's just plain wrong and you can increase your odds of success if you stay in school, stay married, don't do drugs or alcohol, save for retirement, and increase your job market value through college or technical training.

I, and others, started out with nothing and financial success looked pretty bleak in my 20s. The problem today is, people look at their current situation and think things won't improve or don't work to improve their situation. Wealth is accumulated over time for most people - it doesn't fall into their laps by some kind of divine right.

Why didn't you move to Canada, where you could have gotten some of your wife's sweet free health care?

Isn't she an indigenous person in Canada? My cousin adopted a girl from Canada who was indigenous and she gets a monthly payment from the Canadian government.

Getting the health care system in line should be everyone’s number one priority. I don’t have the answers, but it’s an absolute mess.
You don't have the answers? Not even a suggestion? Well, that's a first!

We're not the ones with crazy conspiracy theories. Those were 2 conspiracies you believe in that have been proven false.
Explain these supposed conspiracy theories and how I believed in them. Also how these conspiracy theories were proven true, which of course was the point of the post you replied to. You can’t do any of that.

Explain these supposed conspiracy theories and how I believed in them. You can’t.
You never believed the Russian Collusion charges and believed the Hunter laptop was real?

That's good to know!

You never believed the Russian Collusion charges and believed the Hunter laptop was real?

That's good to know!
You just failed to respond to my post in a coherent manner. That’s par for the course. Try again or move along.

Why didn't you move to Canada, where you could have gotten some of your wife's sweet free health care?

Isn't she an indigenous person in Canada? My cousin adopted a girl from Canada who was indigenous and she gets a monthly payment from the Canadian government.
Too fvcking cold. And no, she's as white European as they come.

You just failed to respond to my post in a coherent manner. That’s par for the course. Try again or move along.
Was this not your statement?

"Explain these supposed conspiracy theories and how I believed in them."

My response was a response to your statement. If you say you now don't believe in the Russian Collusion conspiracy and the Hunter Laptop hoax theory, than good for you!

I wasn't looking for free. I just didn't want to be impoverished by it.
Well, there was your chance.

Are you saying you're living in a trailer because health care impoverished you?

Well, there was your chance.

Are you saying you're living in a trailer because health care impoverished you?
I was poor to begin with. Health care costs pushed us into near poverty.

Or, I'm just a lazy, selfish taker. You're going to believe what you believe.

Was this not your statement?

"Explain these supposed conspiracy theories and how I believed in them."

My response was a response to your statement. If you say you now don't believe in the Russian Collusion conspiracy and the Hunter Laptop hoax theory, than good for you!
This is you being a bad faith poster. Go back to the first of my posts in this thread which you replied to.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Life isn't 100% guaranteed. But you were saying there is no hope if you're not a billionaire. That's just plain wrong and you can increase your odds of success if you stay in school, stay married, don't do drugs or alcohol, save for retirement, and increase your job market value through college or technical training.

I, and others, started out with nothing and financial success looked pretty bleak in my 20s. The problem today is, people look at their current situation and think things won't improve or don't work to improve their situation. Wealth is accumulated over time for most people - it doesn't fall into their laps by some kind of divine right.
Where did I say there’s no hope if you’re not a billionaire?

You have missed all the points I was making by at least a country mile.

Reactions: zeke4ahs

Speaking of our neighbors to the north and out of control costs. Their next president is that dude. Him and Trump will do great things together.

I was poor to begin with. Health care costs pushed us into near poverty.

Or, I'm just a lazy, selfish taker. You're going to believe what you believe.
Don't put that on me - I never called you any of those things.

I'm just surprised a guy with IT skills didn't have a job that provided adequate health insurance.

This is you being a bad faith poster. Go back to the first of my posts in this thread which you replied to.
I just provided the post I replied to. Discussions change during a conversation.

You are as disingenuous a poster as there is on this board.

• Haha
Reactions: zeke4ahs
Where did I say there’s no hope if you’re not a billionaire?

You have missed all the points I was making by at least a country mile.
Didn't you post this?

"What I think about is how very rich the rich people are now. We don’t talk about millionaires anymore. It’s billionaires. Hell, I find myself thinking, “oh he’s only a single digit billionaire”. That’s nuts."

That's good to know!
No matter how many times people try to patiently explain it to you, you just refuse to listen. Or perhaps just cannot comprehend.

No matter how many times people try to patiently explain it to you, you just refuse to listen. Or perhaps just cannot comprehend.
I comprehend that an independent report and the government acknowledging the laptop is real will not improve your psychosis.

I am not sure I buy into this theory, but the article below believes Gary Hart set the ground for Donald Trump. Hart ran against the old-school Democrat, Walter Mondale. Hart was loved by young, urban professionals (YUPPIES), a group long at odds with blue-collar Democrats. Bringing YUPPIES into the party changed the core values of the Democratic Party to a level that alienated the blue-collar White voters. They became disaffected and bingo, Donald Trump.

I volunteered for Hart in '84 spending a couple of weeks in Davenport Iowa then a couple more in Illinois. It was fun, and I was scheduled for more in '88 until monkey business got in the way.

Other than things like gay rights, I am not sure that 1) bringing Yuppies in changed that much 2) that all the Yuppies stayed 3) that Clinton may well have done more in bringing in young professionals than Hart.

But I do agree that in that era, the movement of urban professionals did damage the party as the home to labor Democrats as the labor Democrats tended to be far more conservative on social issues.

OK, someone seriously thinks Gary Hart did something in 1988 that set the stage for Trump to get nominated in 2016 (28 years later)? Wow.

So, someone is seriously claiming this wasn't caused by the uncontrolled internet or the federal statute immunizing message boards from liability for intentional publication of lies and slander/ libel/ defamation (unlike prior state and federal law holding publishers like newspapers and radio/TV stations liable for all those things) or the end of federal law requiring "equal time" provisions for AM talk radio stations even if they published material that was clearly libel/ slander/ defamation?

Here is the most famous photo of Gary Hart and his extramarital girlfriend and this is all you should remember about him:

donnarice-garyhart-3010242.jpg

Justin can’t run again? Likely neither he nor Trump will be doing anything at all together.
He can. And his polling is even worse than Biden's. He will lose and Poilievre will be the next PM. Open your eyes Zeke. There's something interesting happening out there.

Bukele
Schoof
Meloni
Milei
Orban
Modi
Polilievre
Orpo teaming up with the right wing (RIP Sanna)
Jung-tai

Right wing populism is on the march and sweeping across Europe and the world. HUGE right-wing gains expected in the ongoing EU elections. The people of the world are tired of failure.

OK, someone seriously thinks Gary Hart did something in 1988 that set the stage for Trump to get nominated in 2016 (28 years later)? Wow.

So, someone is seriously claiming this wasn't caused by the uncontrolled internet or the federal statute immunizing message boards from liability for intentional publication of lies and slander/ libel/ defamation (unlike prior state and federal law holding publishers like newspapers and radio/TV stations liable for all those things) or the end of federal law requiring "equal time" provisions for AM talk radio stations even if they published material that was clearly libel/ slander/ defamation?

Here is the most famous photo of Gary Hart and his extramarital girlfriend and this is all you should remember about him:

donnarice-garyhart-3010242.jpg
The internet and message boards are not why Trump got elected, neither is this guy I never heard of before now.

I just provided the post I replied to. Discussions change during a conversation.

You are as disingenuous a poster as there is on this board.
No one on the board lies like you do. This isn’t an opinion.

You try to change the conversation when you’re losing an argument. It’s you go to tactic.

• Haha
Reactions: zeke4ahs and DANC
Don't put that on me - I never called you any of those things.

I'm just surprised a guy with IT skills didn't have a job that provided adequate health insurance.
Don't be. Before Obamacare, 60% of the uninsured were either self-employed or worked for companies with fewer than 100 employees.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT