ADVERTISEMENT

The first domino falls............

Based on Robinson leaving?

I dunno...you could see this coming a mile away...SOP in the Crean era. Guy with diminished role that didn't live up to ranking...buh bye. We do need to replace one of our best post defenders now lol.

When Yogi, Williams or Blackmon bail...then things get interesting.

But I bet a Priller and April announcement aren't far behind.

Apriller...

Which will open up a spot for Bryant (or other big). Wouldn't be surprised if there are more. It will probably end up being a 5 or 6 man class....per usual.

625e8a4605b7b257019fe6e8d07dc352.gif

My uninformed guess...

April and Priller.

In a couple years we'll see that April is averaging almost a double double for his new team, leading them to the sweet 16 and NBA scouts are taking interest.

People on the premie got mad at me for saying

good riddance.

Did I miss something? All of a sudden everybody is a big Stanford Robinson fan?

Yeah. Based on history it would be more surprising if no one had left yet.

Stan is a pretty obvious decision.

Sweet! I love that we get so many new freshman every year!

IU will likely over achieve next year since we will be so young!

No idea why.

It was painfully obvious Stan regressed. Often he was the worst player on the court. The suspension (completely his fault) really seemed to set him back. Just way too limited offensively and not a good decision maker with ball. Addition by subtraction and better for him too.

Cant lose the young and inexperienced excuse.

It is the best thing going for IU.

The question is HMP. I seriously doubt Crean wants 3 SRs on the team (NZ wont transfer again and Crean is begging Yogi to come back)

We Are Young ! ! !

Excuse to excuse ... We Stand ! ! !

No Promises ... No Demands.

Tangerine Apologists ...

Not what I was getting after.

I was implying the next Creaning candidate isn't likely to be too short to follow, I'd bet.

If I'm writing a book on Indiana Basketball, Crean's chapter will be called

the Young and the Restless.

So many players with wandering legs, you know?

Yeah, I get it...

But this doesn't indicate that by any means...and nothing solid has suggested that' so far. Wishful thinking...but I hope you are right. I doubt it...he wouldn't be out recruiting if he was out.

Not so fast

According to my wife and daughter that follows him on Twitter, he has a girlfriend he seems to be close to. Of course I don't think that is a reason to stay.

I got more than just dirty looks when I said he would choose playing time in another program over love. I stopped short of saying the girlfriend is reason #2 he would consider moving on. He is probably ready for a change and by now the girl is probably getting a little too demanding.

Re: People on the premie got mad at me for saying

No you missed nothing. I cringed everytime he touched the ball
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Where would Priller transfer to?

Seriously asking. What division I program looks at Tim and thinks he's a starter at some stage in his career?

I just don't see an incentive for him to transfer.

Ok, gotcha.

Agreed. They gone...

Didn't get how the whole white smoke on 17th related to obvious transfers...but yeah.

Pulling that train ...

high on cocaine ...

So are they a package deal at their next stop and with their next girlfriend too?

We have a good D3 Program near us that I swear Priller would not

start for. Agree, what incentive is there to leave. Will be funny if some player has the balls to say no to leaving when asked by Crean.

They would have to force me to leave

I would make them live up to Glass's guarantee of 4 years education. He may have some dream of playing time somewhere else. I am sure he could play somewhere if he wants. It won't be a high D1 team, so he might want to stay and earn some playing time late in his career.

He'll probably end up at Xavier

or Georgia St. or some place like that and be playing in the Sweet Sixteen next year.

Isn't that what Creaned players end up doing...?

Except for the A-Hope kids...

Posted from Rivals Mobile

Xavier is a much more consistent program than IU is right now...

it's a step up as far as I'm concerned (outside of crowds and fan base).

With good coaching, Stanford will be a key contributor somewhere next year. If he can get a coach to corral some of his maddening play, he could be really good.

As I posted before, I called this while sitting behind the IU bench at the aWiscy game this year. Stan made some bone headed plays, was taken out and Crean was whispering in his ear and it didn't look nice. Crean then asked Stan if he was ready to go back in and Stan didn't answer him and didn't play again.

Also, why in the hell didn't we redshirt April? Does his build and look remind anyone else of Newton? If only he could play like that

I really hope/wish that Apriller say no to Crean and decide to stay

It would be the absolute best gift ever that the IU fanbase could receive.

This is where Stan goes from kid everyone piles on, to kid everyone

calls the victim of Crean the monster, right?

It's not a stretch of the imagination, IUB.

He's both a player that I genuinely don't enjoy watching play and a victim of a really gross process that, I'm beyond disappointed, is now woven into the fabric of the national narrative of IU basketball.

I'm sure Xavier's coach won't make him shoot from the wrong hand

So that is one positive for Stan. I'm also sure that his next coach won't force him to play "ATTACK" basketball, which in turn caused the out of control play.

I've wondered about that too. I guess I assumed they can be taken off

an athletic scholly to free up 1 of our 13 spots, but still given a general scholarship? Does anyone know the specifics of how this works?

Well, I actually agree. It's just more a comment on the mentality of

the Preemie.

I wish they would just pay the d@mn kids already. Then they could act as free agents like the should be able to anyway, since they are slave labor right now.

Stan would be fine with a good coach....

He did stupid things because he was allowed to do stupid things. He was his own worst enemy. He's a talented kid, though.

His last game for IU was one of his best.

Good luck to him.

Redshirt April. You think Crean is giving anyone 5 years?

He hates giving students 4 years.

Re: Redshirt April. You think Crean is giving anyone 5 years?

Oh , I know there wasn't a shot in hell for that to happen...wouldve made too much sense

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT