ADVERTISEMENT

The First Change to Make

ESalum86

Junior
Gold Member
Jun 10, 2015
I'm not going to pretend to have all the answers. I am going to say the very first thing that MUST happen is CTA needs to hire a DC. CTA needs to be the HC and nothing more.

Steer the ship and let everyone else do their jobs. Demand excellence. Focus on the fundamentals. We saw yesterday, once again, IU fell short on a few plays scattered throughout the game at critical moments. A throat slash gesture after corralling Moore turns 3rd & long into a first down. Roughing the passer turns 4th & long into their first TD drive. A delay before running costs Ramsey a first down in the red zone and turns the ball over on downs.

Combined, these little mistakes turn into a lost Bucket, a lost bowl and a lost season.

I'm not going to pretend to have all the answers. I am going to say the very first thing that MUST happen is CTA needs to hire a DC. CTA needs to be the HC and nothing more.

Steer the ship and let everyone else do their jobs. Demand excellence. Focus on the fundamentals. We saw yesterday, once again, IU fell short on a few plays scattered throughout the game at critical moments. A throat slash gesture after corralling Moore turns 3rd & long into a first down. Roughing the passer turns 4th & long into their first TD drive. A delay before running costs Ramsey a first down in the red zone and turns the ball over on downs.

Combined, these little mistakes turn into a lost Bucket, a lost bowl and a lost season.
He mentioned that post game

Reactions: ESalum86
I certainly agree on the need for a DC and you definitely hit nail on head re the bone headed mental mistakes by the D. There needs to be some accountability for the continued foolish penalties. The D played well enough, if not smart enough to win...11 TFL's/5 sacks and kept PU below their yards and points avg were positive. TA needs to be less cheerleader, too. That seems like a tough task for him.

I've not been a huge detractor of DeBord until Minny game's last few minutes and now after yesterday. Not making PU stop the run, which was working well in first half and early 3rd was beyond dumb. He developed Ramsey well, but likely time for a change.

Very good post overall, but the problem is that Allen has been a really good DC. He hasn't shown much as far as the other HCing responsibilities. He's LEOing all over the place instead of emphasizing fundamentals and holding people accountable. He seems to be a "big picture" guy who's not real good on focusing on the details.

I will give you my observation........I attended a spring practice that was open to donors......imo, it was very poorly organized. Allen was running around like crazy yelling instructions, but there didn't seem to be much getting done. I feel like he does need to delegate, and the hold his coaches to a higher standard.......just don't know if that's his personality.

Amen. The buck stops at the top. Until this guy is gone, it will be more of the same. No more coordinator hires. It’s been terrible every time we do it:
Cameron, Wilson and LEO.

Took 5 years for Wilson just to break even. Most places would shitcan these guys if they don’t show something by year 3. Even Purdue was smart enough to realize Hazell was terrible and ended his era mid season by year 4.

Reactions: ufo33
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT