ADVERTISEMENT

The extraordinary accomplishments of an NFL running back

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
Byron Raymond White led the NFL in rushing two different years for two different teams. He did that while taking breaks from being a Rhodes Scholar and studying law at Yale.

Here is an article about the remarkable life of Justice Byron White.

He worked in the sugar beet fields in Northern Colorado, the same as many Mexican migrant farm workers. He graduated at the top of his high school class, at the top of his class at the University of Colorado, was the runner up in the Heisman Trophy, was a leading scorer on the NIT tournament team, became a Rhodes Scholar, played professional football, saw action as a naval intelligence officer in the South Pacific during WWII, investigated and wrote the report about the sinking of PT 109 ,practiced law in Denver, Colorado, and became an associate justice on the United States Supreme Court.

Hard to imagine living half the life he lived. I knew some of Justice White's story since he was from the area where I lived for many years. I didn't know the half of it. An interesting read about a life fully lived. Read the whole thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT