ADVERTISEMENT

The Changing Defense of Archie

Is anyone of the "half glass full" crowd seeing what our lineup is going to look like after this year??? Everyone for years now keeps mentioning the grad transfer route.... Well, we've really lighted it up with that strategy. Possibly the worse shooter I've ever seen at IU (that was supposed to be a shooter) came via that route very recently. Won't mention the name because it gives me hives to remember his high arcing bricks.

It’s already bought him 1 extra year. His buyout is 100% until March of 2022. He probably gets 1 after that.

I hope that the new AD has the gumption, and the connections, to make a move as soon as he thinks he can hire a better coach...if and when that time comes. The buyout is a weak and copout excuse to not make a bold decision. Archie would get a new job immediately, I’m sure. And the buyout would likely get negotiated down.

The key to the above is that right now I don’t think a move is necessary unless someone markedly better is identitied, interested, etc... So if Beard, or someone of that caliber, is in play, I hope the AD has the stones to make it happen.

Reactions: mk23
I hope that the new AD has the gumption, and the connections, to make a move as soon as he thinks he can hire a better coach...if and when that time comes. The buyout is a weak and copout excuse to not make a bold decision. Archie would get a new job immediately, I’m sure. And the buyout would likely get negotiated down.

The key to the above is that right now I don’t think a move is necessary unless someone markedly better is identitied, interested, etc... So if Beard, or someone of that caliber, is in play, I hope the AD has the stones to make it happen.
The former AD had the decision on Crean taken away from him, so Dolson has no chance of deciding this on his own.

The former AD had the decision on Crean taken away from him, so Dolson has no chance of deciding this on his own.

Im sure you’re right. But I think that’s almost as weak as hiding behind the buyout. It’s Dolsons job to make that call. And if he’s worth the money he’s making, it’s his responsibility to make sure he convinces the Admin it’s necessary. If he believes it is. Which again, I’d hope would stem from him knowing he’d have what he believes to be a better coach in the fold. Otherwise yeah, I’d be with the admin, why move on Archie?

Im sure you’re right. But I think that’s almost as weak as hiding behind the buyout. It’s Dolsons job to make that call. And if he’s worth the money he’s making, it’s his responsibility to make sure he convinces the Admin it’s necessary. If he believes it is. Which again, I’d hope would stem from him knowing he’d have what he believes to be a better coach in the fold. Otherwise yeah, I’d be with the admin, why move on Archie?
I agree, but IU has had two highly respected ADs in the last 50 years, and both are long gone. Leadership and decisiveness from the occupants of that position hasn’t been a recent strength.

For the record, this palter about Glass having the control of Crean is a completely made up story by ordfan...one he spun in response to me and now he can't back out of it. His story gets bigger and more FOS every round.

In fact Glass tried to term Crean earlier but was stopped by the BOT. This is per two Trustees first hand. Ordy just pulled his story out of his butt out of wannabe bitterness.

For the record, this palter about Glass having the control of Crean is a completely made up story by ordfan...one he spun in response to me and now he can't back out of it. His story gets bigger and more FOS every round.

In fact Glass tried to term Crean earlier but was stopped by the BOT. This is per two Trustees first hand. Ordy just pulled his story out of his butt out of wannabe bitterness.
Just out of curiosity and since I have lived out of Indiana for 23 years and didn't really join these boards until the past couple years.... was it after the 2014 season that FG tried to fire Crean?? And is there any word as to whether he had a coach in mind to replace him??

Is anyone of the "half glass full" crowd seeing what our lineup is going to look like after this year??? Everyone for years now keeps mentioning the grad transfer route.... Well, we've really lighted it up with that strategy. Possibly the worse shooter I've ever seen at IU (that was supposed to be a shooter) came via that route very recently. Won't mention the name because it gives me hives to remember his high arcing bricks.
Fitzner didn't live up to expectations, but McRoberts and Brunk were contributors and hopefully Brunk will be again. Injuries hit McRoberts, unfortunately, and Brunk has his back issue we should all be hoping he gets through soon. I think Brunk's absence has likely cost IU two wins so far. If TJD leaves we'll be thinner up front next year and that would be bad. Maybe we'll have Brunk back. Maybe Duncomb will be a solid player as a Freshman, maybe Thompson makes another big jump in improvement and possibly we get a solid transfer. IU isn't limited to grad transfers due to COVID. I'm sure Miller knows what we need and is trying to address that. Some fans always worry about next year, even during the Knight years. Ultimately though, returning players usually improved and new comers contributed immediately and the worries proved unfounded. Sometimes we had a down year as well. That's a fact of life in basketball. How we handle the ups and downs is an individual thing.

I was a fan of IU under Bob Knight since I was a kid and went to IU from '79 to '83. I experienced the '81 championship as a student and it doesn't get better than that. I want to see that again. I want a team that can beat every team in the Big Ten every year and contend for the Big Ten Title nearly every year. A team like that will also contend for the national championship on a regular basis. I still believe that Miller can get us to that point. Defense has to be good to win national championships and we have a top 10 defense under Miller. Of course we need a better offense. I'm still confident we'll get there too.

Regardless, Miller will be here this year and next and that's just not going to change. I see the arguments about that as pretty pointless. Also, I firmly believe that firing Miller and hiring another coach in the next year or two would set us back from our goal of contending another four years or more. There isn't a magic bullet coach, slam dunk hire (slam dunk hire is exactly what the experts thought about Miller, by the way), out there and available either.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing
Just out of curiosity and since I have lived out of Indiana for 23 years and didn't really join these boards until the past couple years.... was it after the 2014 season that FG tried to fire Crean?? And is there any word as to whether he had a coach in mind to replace him??
The story Court shares isn’t accurate. Part of the reason he chases me around is because I totally debunked what he said a few months ago, and that discredits him. He may or may not know what occurred, but his version is pure fantasy, and he knows it.

Reactions: Radio Zero

He's the "ignored poster" so I can't see his version of the story, but he's pretending not to be who we all know he is because he's a dishonest fraud. I think most know that whatever he's posting is 90% false.

He's the "ignored poster" so I can't see his version of the story, but he's pretending not to be who we all know he is because he's a dishonest fraud. I think most know that whatever he's posting is 90% false.
Then you’d be 100% wrong, but that’s okay. No issue if you want to ignore me. Court promised to do the same, even as he follows me around.

Yes, the longest and most laughable lie on the internet. He has improved as you say from 98% false to only 90% false as he is working hard to avoid banning #44. He is still banned on the FB forum so that place is better.

His version of this is like everything else he follows me around on...180 degrees opposite of whatever I post. 100% predictable.

Rather than make shit up as Ordy is doing I can only tell you what I was told by two people who were involved and I don't recall every word.

Glass tried to term TC after the '15/'16 season and perhaps one year before but that aspect was not made clear. Fred got the help he needed from another Trustee and TC was termed in Spring of '17.

As for a replacement...I don't know. They did a search in '17 but he might have had a candidate ready in '16.

There was a lot of alumni/donor pressure to move TC out. His last two seasons in TAH included a lot of booing when he was introduced.

Rather than make shit up as Ordy is doing I can only tell you what I was told by two people who were involved and I don't recall every word.

Glass tried to term TC after the '15/'16 season and perhaps one year before but that aspect was not made clear. Fred got the help he needed from another Trustee and TC was termed in Spring of '17.

As for a replacement...I don't know. They did a search in '17 but he might have had a candidate ready in '16.

There was a lot of alumni/donor pressure to move TC out. His last two seasons in TAH included a lot of booing when he was introduced.
This is where your fraudulent story falls apart, since there’s zero chance Glass tried to fire Crean after we went 15-3 and won the Big 10 and 27-8 overall (as we did in 15/16, when you claim Glass was trying to fire his good friend, TC). Thanks for confirming. This one is a keeper.

Yes, the longest and most laughable lie on the internet. He has improved as you say from 98% false to only 90% false as he is working hard to avoid banning #44. He is still banned on the FB forum so that place is better.

His version of this is like everything else he follows me around on...180 degrees opposite of whatever I post. 100% predictable.
More falsehoods. Because I rarely post on the football board doesn’t mean I’m banned there. Your pretendinitis is really bad today.

This is where your fraudulent story falls apart, since there’s zero chance Glass tried to fire Crean after we went 15-3 and won the Big 10 and 27-8 overall (as we did in 15/16, when you claim Glass was trying to fire his good friend, TC). Thanks for confirming. This one is a keeper.

But QB wanted to as you claim?

Just stop, no one buys your BS.

But QB wanted to as you claim?

Just stop, no one buys your BS.

I never made the claim that QB tried to fire Crean after we won the regular season Big 10 championship. You, on the other hand, just stated that Glass did exactly that, and that the BOT kept it from happening. Who would’ve thought that the BOT would’ve interrupted Glass on his way to firing the coach who just guided the team to a conference championship? Only Court, who can’t keep his BS straight.

Since we both know you’ve been making these things up, this is yet another example of that. If you weren’t so fixated on portraying yourself as an insider, you might actually learn something about IU.

I never made the claim that QB tried to fire Crean after we won the regular season Big 10 championship. You, on the other hand, just stated that Glass did exactly that, and that the BOT kept it from happening. Who would’ve thought that the BOT would’ve interrupted Glass on his way to firing the coach who just guided the team to a conference championship? Only Court, who can’t keep his BS straight.

Since we both know you’ve been making these things up, this is yet another example of that. If you weren’t so fixated on portraying yourself as an insider, you might actually learn something about IU.

Never portrayed myself as an insider outside of being a longtime ticketholder and donor.

You claimed multiple times as you follow me around that QB finally stepped in and took the decision away from Crean and termed him against his will.

Perhaps you would be well-served taking notes on what you puke up on these boards so you don't get yourself caught in these lies so often.

Better yet...find someone else to troll Ordy.

oh...and...Knight isn't coming back...give it up. Just go join Ducati on GBI and relax.

Never portrayed myself as an insider outside of being a longtime ticketholder and donor.

You claimed multiple times as you follow me around that QB finally stepped in and took the decision away from Crean and termed him against his will.

Perhaps you would be well-served taking notes on what you puke up on these boards so you don't get yourself caught in these lies so often.

Better yet...find someone else to troll Ordy.

oh...and...Knight isn't coming back...give it up. Just go join Ducati on GBI and relax.
QB did step in and effectively direct Glass to fire Crean. I’ve walked you through the timing of it, and it’s how things went down.

You, on the other hand, claimed that Glass attempted to fire Crean in the wake of IU winning the 2015-2016 Big Ten championship, and that the BOT shut it down. It’s laughably ludicrous to think Glass, who was Crean’s biggest ally at IU, would try to fire him after we won the regular season title, yet that is precisely what you’ve tried to convince everyone here of. Once again, it never happened, and it’s laughable to think it could’ve or would’ve occurred in those circumstances. Yet, you persist, all because you so badly want to pretend to have inside knowledge.

And, while I find your attempt to divert the discussion to one about Knight, it’s another desperate attempt by you to change the subject. I had zero problem with him being fired by the way and, unlike you, I followed the program closely from the time he became coach. So, please, stop trying to invent stuff to cover up your falsehoods. It’s easy to knock it down.

Any luck finding those PMs?

QB did step in and effectively direct Glass to fire Crean. I’ve walked you through the timing of it, and it’s how things went down.

You, on the other hand, claimed that Glass attempted to fire Crean in the wake of IU winning the 2015-2016 Big Ten championship, and that the BOT shut it down. It’s laughably ludicrous to think Glass, who was Crean’s biggest ally at IU, would try to fire him after we won the regular season title, yet that is precisely what you’ve tried to convince everyone here of. Once again, it never happened, and it’s laughable to think it could’ve or would’ve occurred in those circumstances. Yet, you persist, all because you so badly want to pretend to have inside knowledge.

And, while I find your attempt to divert the discussion to one about Knight, it’s another desperate attempt by you to change the subject. I had zero problem with him being fired by the way and, unlike you, I followed the program closely from the time he became coach. So, please, stop trying to invent stuff to cover up your falsehoods. It’s easy to knock it down.

Any luck finding those PMs?

Twisting yourself into a pretzel to rectify your lies...Ordy I am shocked.

Hey...does anyone know a good Surgeon who can perform an Ordyectomy? I need to get this thing stuck to my ass lanced.

Twisting yourself into a pretzel to rectify your lies...Ordy I am shocked.

Hey...does anyone know a good Surgeon who can perform an Ordyectomy? I need to get this thing stuck to my ass lanced.
What I’ve posted hasn’t changed one bot. You’re trapped in a lie and you’re unable to dig out of it. When you made the claim that Glass tried to fire Crean after we won the BT championship, you screwed yourself. Nice try, but everyone can see what you did. Lol. We all understand that you’re trying to deflect now because your little tale has been exposed, but you’re only sinking deeper. Give it up and admit you were as dishonest about this as you were about the PMs.

What I’ve posted hasn’t changed one bot. You’re trapped in a lie and you’re unable to dig out of it. When you made the claim that Glass tried to fire Crean after we won the BT championship, you screwed yourself. Nice try, but everyone can see what you did. Lol. We all understand that you’re trying to deflect now because your little tale has been exposed, but you’re only sinking deeper. Give it up and admit you were as dishonest about this as you were about the PMs.

lol

You bet Ordy. If this is what you need to believe.

As we all know you have never lost an argument, you just wear people out.

As soon as I can find a Dr. to lance you off of my ass, you can move on to someone else.

1,165 trolling responses to me since you swore you would never ever ever respond to me again. that is some serious obsession ordy.

lol

You bet Ordy. If this is what you need to believe.

As we all know you have never lost an argument, you just wear people out.

As soon as I can find a Dr. to lance you off of my ass, you can move on to someone else.

1,165 trolling responses to me since you swore you would never ever ever respond to me again. that is some serious obsession ordy.
Dude, you claimed Glass tried to fire Crean after we won the Big 10 regular season championship and advanced to the Sweet 16. Even for you, it’s an incredibly ignorant take. It’s in writing in this thread, and it shows you’re either completely ignorant of what happened or you got twisted in your lies, tripping all over yourself. Or both. Either way, you’ve been fully exposed, all because you so badly want to be seen as an insider. We‘re all laughing for a reason.

Did you find those PMs you promised to post? Lol

Dude, you claimed Glass tried to fire Crean after we won the Big 10 regular season championship and advanced to the Sweet 16. Even for you, it’s an incredibly ignorant take. It’s in writing in this thread, and it shows you’re either completely ignorant of what happened or you got twisted in your lies, tripping all over yourself. Or both. Either way, you’ve been fully exposed, all because you so badly want to be seen as an insider. We‘re all laughing for a reason.

Did you find those PMs you promised to post? Lol

So you must think your claim that QB did the same thing is dumb?

oops.

No one...no one has told as many laughable lies here as you have. You are the King. Maybe I will reach out to Danny and get you on his show.

BTW...you can look this up but Crean lost the fanbase and most of the Admin after the bizarro world net ceremony.

So you must think your claim that QB did the same thing is dumb?

oops.

No one...no one has told as many laughable lies here as you have. You are the King. Maybe I will reach out to Danny and get you on his show.

BTW...you can look this up but Crean lost the fanbase and most of the Admin after the bizarro world net ceremony.

QB stepped in at the end of 2017, just as I’ve always said. You got caught lying about this, you’re trying to twist and maneuver to escape that, and every move you make just gets you deeper in the hole. You tried to look like an insider and it blew up on you. Blame yourself. Any sign of those PMs?

QB stepped in at the end of 2017, just as I’ve always said. You got caught lying about this, you’re trying to twist and maneuver to escape that, and every move you make just gets you deeper in the hole. You tried to look like an insider and it blew up on you. Blame yourself. Any sign of those PMs?

Crawfish much??

All you had to do was admit you made stuff up. You wouldn't look quite as foolish as you do now. Getting ready to post those PMs?

Keep squirming. Keep twisting the facts

Your pal Dan would be so disappointed.

Knight is NOT coming back. Deal with it.

1 1 6 8 and counting.

Last edited:
Keep squirming. Keep twisting the facts

Your pal Dan would be so disappointed.

Knight is NOT coming back. Deal with it.

1 1 6 8 and counting.
Nothing has been twisted by me, and we both know it. You tried to act like you had inside information and you trapped yourself in an obvious lie that everyone now can see. Stating that Glass tried to fire Crean after we won the Big 10 and went to the Sweet 16 blew you out of the water. Hysterical that you keep trying to wiggle out of this instead of just admitting you made it up.

PMs?

Nothing has been twisted by me, and we both know it. You tried to act like you had inside information and you trapped yourself in an obvious lie that everyone now can see. Stating that Glass tried to fire Crean after we won the Big 10 and went to the Sweet 16 blew you out of the water. Hysterical that you keep trying to wiggle out of this instead of just admitting you made it up.

PMs?

lol

Interesting that the same info you provided is now wrong.

You owe us some backup to your claims about me. Any progress in that area?

After that...I will disclose the PM story.

If nothing else you are consistent.

One thousand one hundred sixty nine.

lol

Interesting that the same info you provided is now wrong.

You owe us some backup to your claims about me. Any progress in that area?

After that...I will disclose the PM story.

If nothing else you are consistent.

One thousand one hundred sixty nine.
My story hasn’t changed one bit. You’re the one who now claims Glass tried to fire Crean immediately after we won the Bog 10 and advanced to the Sweet 16. It’s in writing in this thread, yet now you’re trying to lie your way out of it. Are you really that insecure that you can’t admit you made all of this up, even as you’ve been undoubtedly caught?

PMs?

My story hasn’t changed one bit. You’re the one who now claims Glass tried to fire Crean immediately after we won the Bog 10 and advanced to the Sweet 16. It’s in writing in this thread, yet now you’re trying to lie your way out of it. Are you really that insecure that you can’t admit you made all of this up, even as you’ve been undoubtedly caught?

PMs?

lol

Thought you’d at least take a stab at inventing a twisted excuse or that you’d provide some kind of tortured logic behind the obvious revelation that you made all of this up . . . as you admitted when you listed out what you claimed were the sequence of events. Is it possible to triple down? Quadruple down. What else have you misled everyone here about? And speaking of misleading, how’s it going on your search for the PMs?

Thought you’d at least take a stab at inventing a twisted excuse or that you’d provide some kind of tortured logic behind the obvious revelation that you made all of this up . . . as you admitted when you listed out what you claimed were the sequence of events. Is it possible to triple down? Quadruple down. What else have you misled everyone here about? And speaking of misleading, how’s it going on your search for the PMs?

PMs ready right after you do your part...but we know you won't...for obvious reasons.

1171 crawfish boi

PMs ready right after you do your part...but we know you won't...for obvious reasons.

1171 crawfish boi
“My part” was making clear that you made up your version of Crean’s departure by using your own words as evidence against you. After all, it was you who stated that Fred Glass tried to fire Tom Crean immediately after we won the Big 10 championship and beat Kentucky on our way to the Sweet 16, and that the IU BOT prevented him from doing that. Only a fool would say such a thing, at least with a straight face, and you didn’t disappoint.

Now, about those PMs that don’t exist but that you nonetheless invented in another fit of your infinite insecurity . . .

“My part” was making clear that you made up your version of Crean’s departure by using your own words as evidence against you. After all, it was you who stated that Fred Glass tried to fire Tom Crean immediately after we won the Big 10 championship and beat Kentucky on our way to the Sweet 16, and that the IU BOT prevented him from doing that. Only a fool would say such a thing, at least with a straight face, and you didn’t disappoint.

Now, about those PMs that don’t exist but that you nonetheless invented in another fit of your infinite insecurity . . .

Nope

You have your assignment. Then you get the PM info.

This is not new Ace

Nope

You have your assignment. Then you get the PM info.

This is not new Ace

Sorry, Ace. I just proved you to be a liar. We both know it, as does anyone who’s reading this thread. Your deflection is noted, but it’s futile. Now, about those PMs you made up . . .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT