ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you fellas!

Nice job gritting one out coaches and players. Lots of things didn’t go our way. It wasn’t pretty. But they made the plays at the end when it counted. Thought we were in trouble when SandFart hit that trash shot.
Yeah, the announcers were going crazy over that play and that it was diagrammed out of a timeout and it was amazing, both the pass and the catch/shot, but if that's what they drew up: passing to the corner from across the court, well that play is going to work about 5% of the time. It would probably be a 25% play with no defenders.

Nice job gritting one out coaches and players. Lots of things didn’t go our way. It wasn’t pretty. But they made the plays at the end when it counted. Thought we were in trouble when SandFart hit that trash shot.
Me too. Actually quite surprised we wound up on the right side of victory. When aware missed both free throws, I was like here it goes. Great game by Leal!

Good win. Fun to finally see Galloway and Leal out there together, which was an expectation 4 years ago.
I am curious why Leal has not got more PT. He looks like the only guard with poise and can knock down shots and free threads consistently. Is it his defense that had woody playing Gunn in front of him? He should start going forward. I suspect X is done for the season. If so, expect this lineup assuming MR can go.

Trey
Leal
Mgbacko
MR
Ware

If MR is out, plug in Walker in his spot.

This was a gutty win by the full team. Woody had them really step the motion up early and it worked well. Lost their top player and their second best player played through obvious pain.

X goes down late and the team steps up.

Iowa’ Perkins played his heart out in his last chance to show he deserved to play in Btown. Sandfort played well and hard.

Students were fantastic last night as was the entire crowd. Lifted them up.

I know it was just Iowa but gutty win

It’s sorta hard to look back 12 hours now after beating a fairly lousy team on your home court, but that win was GRATIFYING. It’s exactly the kind of game we’ve struggled to win when the other team makes a run like Iowa did. Lots of things went crazy wrong, but a dub is a dub. Go Hoosiers.

It’s sorta hard to look back 12 hours now after beating a fairly lousy team on your home court, but that win was GRATIFYING. It’s exactly the kind of game we’ve struggled to win when the other team makes a run like Iowa did. Lots of things went crazy wrong, but a dub is a dub. Go Hoosiers.
Yeah, you can say whatever you want, but I think for the most part the team likes Woody and he's been able to rally them to play better after bad stretches when past teams have folded.

The defense was impressive.
Iowa averages 84 a game and we held them to 68.
"Lousy team" or not that is pretty good.
GoHoosiers

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I thought we were cooked when that happened. Memories of Bohannon and some of his ridiculous shots against us. Good for them fortoughing This one out. Desperately needed.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Yeah, you can say whatever you want, but I think for the most part the team likes Woody and he's been able to rally them to play better after bad stretches when past teams have folded.
And he has really pushed the right buttons with Ware. Guy is going to be earning $$$.

I am curious why Leal has not got more PT. He looks like the only guard with poise and can knock down shots and free threads consistently. Is it his defense that had woody playing Gunn in front of him? He should start going forward. I suspect X is done for the season. If so, expect this lineup assuming MR can go.

Trey
Leal
Mgbacko
MR
Ware

If MR is out, plug in Walker in his spot.
Foot speed. Go Hoosiers!

Foot speed. Go Hoosiers!
Yeah, he's certainly limited, but a good teammate and knows where he (and others) should be. We don't talk on D, so someone who does is helpful, not to mention shooting. I think he'll be the first guard off the bench and will get plenty of minutes, especially assuming X is out. Will also be an opportunity for CJ if he wants to take it. I'd encourage them to push the ball and have TG handle it and look to drive at every opp and play 4 out and look for 3s off drive and kicks and transition 3s from Leal, Mbako, Ware and TG. Gotta manufacture some offense and change things up a bit, especially if MR and XJ are going to be out for a bit.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
Yeah, the announcers were going crazy over that play and that it was diagrammed out of a timeout and it was amazing, both the pass and the catch/shot, but if that's what they drew up: passing to the corner from across the court, well that play is going to work about 5% of the time. It would probably be a 25% play with no defenders.
Trouble is that 5% seems to happen 95% of the time against us. No matter what season.

Its a popular play nowadays. First time I noticed it was Stevens Celtics team used it a few times. Difficult to guard as nearly all defenses are geared in that situation to taking away cutters and passes coming TO the ball. If you have a good inbounder, its a very effective play. This particular play was ran well, overall. But the shot it led to was trash...catching it above his head, falling out of bounds, and throwing it up towards the basket all in one motion. He made it, tip of the cap, but it was junk.

I was impressed with the grit of Ware. You could tell he was hobbled but his defense especially in the first half was very important. For those who say he is soft I think he showed he wasn't at least against Iowa. Hopefully he can get healed up. He and Malik are very important to us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT