ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and Oklahoma to SEC?

Can someone please send that link to Kevin Warren? Or better yet, print it and send a hard copy? He probably hasn’t figured out this internet thing.

Texas and Oklahoma must have to learn the hard way if they do this. Nebraska was supposed to clean up in the B1G being the big dogs in the conference but look how that has turned out.
Seems like an insane plan to me. Both teams better get used to being curb-stomped. I’d bet there are several SEC teams licking their chops in anticipation of fresh meat.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
Reactions: vesuvius13
Hmm …

If this happens, I wonder if ND & WVU end up in the ACC.........yes WVU sucks academically, but they let in UL. WVU has a big fan base and pretty decent football history and some natural rivals there.

Of the theoretical BT counter-moves, offering Oklahoma & Kansas would make the most sense. I doubt OK would go for it, but if we had a real commish he'd explore it.

Please keep the Irish out of the B1G. Not interested in any way. Not kidding.

I believe we can think bigger and out of the box a bit. PAC 12 teams could be in play for B1G. USC. Oregon, UCLA, etc. If Texas and Ok join SEC many others may want to revisit conferences. This could really shake things up. Don't think table scraps think B1G. Massive grin! Go Hoosiers!

Please keep the Irish out of the B1G. Not interested in any way. Not kidding.

I believe we can think bigger and out of the box a bit. PAC 12 teams could be in play for B1G. USC. Oregon, UCLA, etc. If Texas and Ok join SEC many others may want to revisit conferences. This could really shake things up. Don't think table scraps think B1G. Massive grin! Go Hoosiers!

ND's is tied contractually until '36. Even if they wanted to come, which they don't, they couldn't.

The BT is essentially screwed here, imo. ND is out, Missouri is out, PAC 12 teams wouldn't work, Iowa St is of no value, other ACC teams are all tied up. Kansas is there as a possible 15th team, but has horrible football and not much of a fan base or market. OK prefers the SEC. I don't think the BT responds if Texas & OK go to the SEC.

ND's is tied contractually until '36. Even if they wanted to come, which they don't, they couldn't.

The BT is essentially screwed here, imo. ND is out, Missouri is out, PAC 12 teams wouldn't work, Iowa St is of no value, other ACC teams are all tied up. Kansas is there as a possible 15th team, but has horrible football and not much of a fan base or market. OK prefers the SEC. I don't think the BT responds if Texas & OK go to the SEC.
How about this: pick up Colorado and Kansas in the West, and Massachusetts and Temple in the East (adds the viewers of Denver and KC, along with Boston and Philly..., they aren't threatening to the traditional powers and allow everything from pods to division adjustments to be visited... -(maybe a hybrid pod approach with 4 divisions and 5 year Win weighted seeding in scheduling (while everyone gets two protected rivals)...

Good post.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
How about this: pick up Colorado and Kansas in the West, and Massachusetts and Temple in the East (adds the viewers of Denver and KC, along with Boston and Philly..., they aren't threatening to the traditional powers and allow everything from pods to division adjustments to be visited... -(maybe a hybrid pod approach with 4 divisions and 5 year Win weighted seeding in scheduling (while everyone gets two protected rivals)...
Creative thinking. Good post.

Texas A&M wants to stand alone as a Texas school in their conference. Missouri has fallen apart in the SEC. Texas & Oklahoma go to the SEC; B1G makes a power move & pulls A&M & Mizzou. B1G network makes more money than SEC. A&M ends up as the lone Texas school in the B1G. Want to make it an even 20? West Virginia & UConn.

Texas A&M wants to stand alone as a Texas school in their conference. Missouri has fallen apart in the SEC. Texas & Oklahoma go to the SEC; B1G makes a power move & pulls A&M & Mizzou. B1G network makes more money than SEC. A&M ends up as the lone Texas school in the B1G. Want to make it an even 20? West Virginia & UConn.

Jim D. Fed Missouri when the BT expanded, and they haven't forgotten.

Their main forum is the Tiger Board. If you check it out you'll see how unlikely they are to leave the SEC for the BT. $$$ trumps academics now, and the SEC will be printing $$$ if they add Texas & A&M.

As for A&M, they really aren't a fit.....their "corps" and the atmosphere at their games wouldn't go over well with the PC BT Presidents. Texas would be a better fit, but their fans want to be in the top FB conference.....not the cold BT.

Creative thinking. Good post.

Colorado & Kansas possibly---not the other two. And you don't want to go to 18.

I believe Colorado fans and faculty would prefer the PAC 12, but I could see them making a Maryland-type decision to go for the $$ and stability of the BT when push comes to shove.

Colorado & Kansas possibly---not the other two. And you don't want to go to 18.

I believe Colorado fans and faculty would prefer the PAC 12, but I could see them making a Maryland-type decision to go for the $$ and stability of the BT when push comes to shove.
Pick up Iowa State (doubt Iowa or Nebraska would allow that to happen though) or Missouri (preferred but evidently they're not interested), along with Connecticut and you lock up the NEastern seaboard viewers and make the West division (if it still exists) more competitive)... Adding these teams makes your out of conference scheduling simpler too...

Or..., you could add West Virgina and CT (to my original group) and shift teams around as needed...

Last edited:
Pick up Iowa State (doubt Iowa or Nebraska would allow that to happen though) or Missouri (preferred but evidently they're not interested), along with Connecticut and you lock up the NEastern seaboard viewers and make the West division (if it still exists) more competitive)... Adding these teams makes your out of conference scheduling simpler too...

Or..., you could add West Virgina and CT (to my original group) and shift teams around as needed...
U Conn fans were hot to trot about the BT when the ACC picked UL over them......problem is, their football stadium is small (40000?) and off-campus, and the program is near-death right now. Also, it's a relatively small U--maybe 24000(?).

Not enough eyeballs in Iowa for 2 Iowa teams in the BT.....also, another smallish U that's not as highly rated as U Conn.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and mk23
U Conn fans were hot to trot about the BT when the ACC picked UL over them......problem is, their football stadium is small (40000?) and off-campus, and the program is near-death right now. Also, it's a relatively small U--maybe 24000(?).

Not enough eyeballs in Iowa for 2 Iowa teams in the BT.....also, another smallish U that's not as highly rated as U Conn.
I still gag saying Rutger is a B1G school. UConn and Iowa State might bring me to a full blown yak.

I'm almost to the point with all that's going on I'd almost be happy to see the BigTen, PacTen and maybe the Ivy League (because they'd be fun to beat on) go off and make their own leagues and championship. The first two would prove the largest alumni bases in the nation. I think we'd still pull the most eyeballs.

I wouldn't go to the mat for any of them, I'm just throwing stuff at the wall to see if it sticks...

You could always add Syracuse rather than someone else if it fits the narrative better... VaTech is also an outside the box type of choice...

Last edited:
I wouldn't go to the mat for any of them, I'm just throwing stuff at the wall to see it sticks...

You could always add Syracuse rather than someone else if it fits the narrative better... VaTech is also an outside the box type of choice...
Va Tech would be a great choice....not as pretentious as VA, but a very good school, with a huge football fan base. Location pretty good. Problem is, they wouldn't want to leave VA and are tied up contractually with the ACC until '36

How about this - do nothing. There are too many schools in the B1G now. Why do people want a conference with teams on the other side of the world?
No worries.

Warren couldn't even spare the time to prep for the Big Ten Media Day press conference...
I don't think he actually "answered" a signal question posed to him...

I have him penciled in as the next mayor of Chicago or head of the NCAA..., whichever position opens up first...

I highly doubt he'll be taking an interest in this or any issue unless he's absolutely forced to...

How about this - do nothing. There are too many schools in the B1G now. Why do people want a conference with teams on the other side of the world?
Because we don’t have any purchase in the markets of Philadelphia and Boston, just for starters. College sports are HUGE in the northeast. I know this because my sister lives on Manhattan’s Upper West Side and she couldn’t score tickets to Nebraska’s first round game in the Big Ten Tournament that one year.

I could go on but I’m sure you get the picture.

• Haha
Well, from the sound of things, our idiot commish didn’t show up for the B1G media day. So I guess that trumps a couple of renegade schools. 😂
Why do you refer to him as "our idiot commish"? What qualifications have you acquired in your professional background that would allow you to be credible?

Why do you refer to him as "our idiot commish"? What qualifications have you acquired in your professional background that would allow you to be credible?
Ouch. Thanks for correcting my opinion. He’s stellar. Glad your son got a great gig Mr. Warren.

Reactions: jsenleo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT