ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee was dead to rights

td75

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2003
Deboer tried to milk the clock instead of going for the jugular on that drive. Killed the moment, absolutely killed the moment. Tennessee was dead meat if Indiana picked up one first down.

Reactions: CC Mac
Deboer tried to milk the clock instead of going for the jugular on that drive. Killed the moment, absolutely killed the moment. Tennessee was dead meat if Indiana picked up one first down.

That last possession we definitely went for the jugular and unfortunately only needed to aggressively go for 10 more yards.

Reactions: DANC
DeBoer had some excruciatingly bad play calling in the final stretch.

I won’t miss him that much. I feel we can do even better than him. Wasn’t this the guy that was trying to QB sneak Penix coming off injury while up big in Northwestern? His play calling is maddening at times.

The special teams missed two field goals and give up a possession. Allen misses an opportunity for six at the end of the first half. Our secondary gets shredded in the final two possessions. You are blaming DeBoer for the loss?

The special teams missed two field goals and give up a possession. Allen misses an opportunity for six at the end of the first half. Our secondary gets shredded in the final two possessions. You are blaming DeBoer for the loss?
Not for the loss - just a bad showing by the Offense, overall. Only 2 TDs.

Reactions: YOTHN
I have been as big a critic of DeBoer as anyone on here. But you have to look he has been good for the program. He is a great coach and has very promising career ahead of him. Again some folks are just plain ridiculous with this sky is falling mentality. Also the other thing that makes no sense to me is how we love the boot coaches in the a$$ as they leave and give them no credit for the good they have done. In my career as a coach I like every single coach have done some stupid things. But I can tell you that I and every other coach has done a lot more good than bad. If you have not not worn the whistle, suffered through endless hours on the practice field in the weight room in the meeting rooms in film sessions then perhaps you should tone down your criticism and absolutisms and calling for people to be fired. It is not just a job or a career to these guys it is a passion a religion a way of life. They don’t do it for the money nobody ever gets into coaching thinking they are going to be millionaires. They do it for the love of the game and the brotherhood and comradery and the love of their players. Coach Tom Allen and staff May you continue to grow and learn and continue to improve this program. To Coach Kalen DeBoer thank you for your contributions and May you have a long and successful career.

Not for the loss - just a bad showing by the Offense, overall. Only 2 TDs.

I agree. The defense played a great bend dont break game up until the final 4 minutes of the game. 9 pts given up against a decent offense. The onside kick forced the D to get right back out there tired and it showed.

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT