ADVERTISEMENT

TBB & TWIB - AKA My Good Old Days of Baseball Thread

I used to watch The Baseball Bunch with my little brother. You'd literally get a different Hall of Fame guest every week.

Later on, I'd always try watch This Week in Baseball with Mel Allen.

9 minutes of 80s awesomeness
Not sure if you’re old enough to remember, but when I was growing up without cable, etc., I used to wait in anticipation all week to watch the Major League game of the week on tv, with Curt Gowdy and Tony Kubek. Woke up early on Saturday mornings just waiting for the game to come on. I grew up nowhere near Boston, but was a Red Sox fan for awhile when I was a kid, because they had their games on quite a bit. Carl Yazstrezemski. I’m a Giants fan now and his grandson romes the outfield for us.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Not sure if you’re old enough to remember, but when I was growing up without cable, etc., I used to wait in anticipation all week to watch the Major League game of the week on tv, with Curt Gowdy and Tony Kubek. Woke up early on Saturday mornings just waiting for the game to come on. I grew up nowhere near Boston, but was a Red Sox fan for awhile when I was a kid, because they had their games on quite a bit. Carl Yazstrezemski. I’m a Giants fan now and his grandson romes the outfield for us.
Oh sure. I also remember Monday night baseball with Kubek and Garagiola. It switched networks and Euker and the pirates guy called games before it basically died a slow death.

Reactions: Morrison
I used to watch The Baseball Bunch with my little brother. You'd literally get a different Hall of Fame guest every week.

Later on, I'd always try watch This Week in Baseball with Mel Allen.

9 minutes of 80s awesomeness
My Dad is the biggest Ted Williams fan I know. At 90 he can still recite all of Ted's stats. Therefore Dad was a die hard Red Sox fan and I was very happy to see them win 3 World Series so my Dad could enjoy it.

You might have missed the early duo, Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Reese.

”And he slud in to third.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT